Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Eagles v Tigers Sun July 16th 2:40pm WST/4:40pm EST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE-vs-Richmond.png

18th v 12th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 18
WEST COAST V RICHMOND
SUNDAY JULY 16TH 2:40PM EST/2:40PM WST (OPTUS STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams
EAGLES

Backs: S.Hurn, T.Barrass, T.Cole
Half Backs: L.Duggan, J.McGovern, J.Hunt
Centreline: R.Ginbey, T.Kelly, B.Hough
Half Forwards: C.Chesser, J.Darling, J.Cripps
Forwards: N.Long, O.Allen, J.Williams
Followers: B.Williams, D.Sheed, L.Shuey - C

Interchange: A.Gaff, E.Hewett, S.Petrevski-Seton, L.Edwards, J.Petruccelle, A.Witherden, R.Bazzo, R.Maric

In: S.Hurn, L.Shuey, S.Petrevski-Seton, L.Edwards
Out: X.O‘Neill (Omitted)

TIGERS
Backs: N.Balta, D.Grimes - C, T.Young
Half Backs: D.Rioli, N.Broad, N.Vlastuin
Centreline: K.McIntosh, T.Taranto, J.Ross
Half Forwards: L.Baker, T.Cotchin, J.Graham
Forwards: B.Miller, D.Martin, J.Riewoldt
Followers: I.Soldo, D.Prestia, S.Bolton

Interchange: S.Banks, J.Hopper, M.Pickett, M.Rioli, S.Ryan, H.Ralphsmith, J.Clarke, R.Mansell

In: I.Soldo, S.Ryan, H.Ralphsmith, J.Clarke, R.Mansell
Out: J.Bauer (Injured), T.Nankervis (Suspension)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

• Admin
You can't tip the Eagles at any point until they win one. In saying that, they are going to knock someone off, likely at Optus at some point this season.

I'd be extremely disappointed if we lost though, as we've been good under McQualter. Don't think it will be an absolute belting, the Eagles have some names back.

Tigers by 40
100-60

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond by 50 points or more hopefully. Although our midfield + forward line is up and down, Dusty and Bolton are starting to reach top form again and our defence is pretty solid.

With West Coast, I've noticed that their disposal efficiency has improved over the last two weeks. It was 77% against Brisbane and 78% against St Kilda. That's an improvement to their disposal efficiency against Sydney (74%) and Adelaide (71%). They also had a low disposal efficiency in their other thrashings as well (69% against Hawthorn, 73% against Gold Coast, and 66% against Carlton). In contrast, they had a pretty decent disposal efficiency percentage in the games they performed well in (79% against North Melbourne and 76% against GWS).

I'm guessing this is because Adam Simpson's style is heavily reliant on effective kicking/disposals. If they don't have that, then they'll get thrashed. Hence, they'll need good disposal efficiency if they want to win. I'm not saying that every team needs good disposal efficiency to win. It's just that West Coast's style relies on it.

We need the percentage that’s for sure lol
Don't expect it. I look at the West Coast side on paper and suspect the team we face is a lot better than the one through the early/mid portion of the season.

I think we'll win, but I don't think we're going to give them a massive loss at Optus. Their most recent game at Optus they pushed St Kilda hard right to the wire, and the Saints are sitting reasonably well so far in 2023.

Don't expect it. I look at the West Coast side on paper and suspect the team we face is a lot better than the one through the early/mid portion of the season.

I think we'll win, but I don't think we're going to give them a massive loss at Optus. Their most recent game at Optus they pushed St Kilda hard right to the wire, and the Saints are sitting reasonably well so far in 2023.
Agree with you, We are a side that doesn’t usually finish sides off. Just have to win at all costs.

Agree with you, We are a side that doesn’t usually finish sides off. Just have to win at all costs.
True, but we usually have at least one game that we win by a relatively big margin in the last 10 years. Here are our highest margins for each year since 2012:

2012 - 70 points (vs Western Bulldogs)
2013 - 121 points (vs GWS)
2014 - 113 points (vs (GWS)
2015 - 91 points (vs Collingwood)
2016 - 42 points (vs Brisbane)
2017 - 104 points (vs Fremantle)
2018 - 93 points (vs Brisbane)
2019 - 92 points (vs Gold Coast)
2020 - 54 points (vs North Melbourne - COVID quarters)
2021 - 86 points (vs St Kilda)
2022 - 109 points (vs West Coast)

So apart from 2016 and the COVID year, we tend to beat a team by 70+ points at least once every year. Our highest margin so far this year is 46 points (vs West Coast). If this year's like a typical year, then we'll beat someone by a large margin. If it isn't this week's game, then it could be one of Hawthorn or North Melbourne.

But these stats are under Hardwick specifically. Don't know if we'll do it under McQualter this year tbh.

tigers must wins v eagles and hawks still yet to play dees mcg and port at ao i think they play dogs at marvel as well.

Back