Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Blues v Suns Sat May 25th 1:45pm AEST (Marvel) - Saad's Back

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton-vs-Goldcoast.png

10th v 8th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 11
CARLTON V GOLD COAST
SATURDAY MAY 25TH 1:45PM AEST (MARVEL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
BLUES

B: A. Saad, J. Weitering, L. Cowan
HB: B. Kemp, M. McGovern, N. Newman
C: O. Hollands, P. Cripps - C, B. Acres
HF: Z. Williams, H. McKay, E. Hollands
F: O. Fantasia, C. Curnow, M. Owies
FOLL: T. De Koning, S. Walsh, M. Kennedy

I/C: J. Boyd, G. Hewett, A. Cincotta, L. Fogarty, J. Carroll
EMG: C. Durdin, Le.Young, J. Binns

IN: A. Saad, L. Cowan, L. Fogarty
OUT: C. Durdin (Omitted), M. Pittonet (Injured), C. Marchbank (Managed)

SUNS
B: S. Collins, C. Ballard, M. Andrew
HB: S. Flanders, B. Uwland, J. Jeffrey
C: D. Swallow, T. Miller - C, S. Clohesy
HF: J. Walter, B. Long, L. Johnston
F: B. King, M. Rowell, J. Lukosius
FOLL: J. Witts, N. Anderson, B. Humphrey

I/C: A. Sexton, N. Holman, B. Ainsworth, T. Berry, J. Rogers
EMG: A. Davies, B. Fiorini, H. Oea

IN: J. Walter, J. Witts, N. Holman, J. Rogers
OUT: B. Fiorini (Omitted), N. Moyle (Omitted), A. Davies (Omitted), S. Day (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Got a game opinion? Share it here

Last edited:

Yeah maybe.... maybe not.

Martin, Weiters, Motlop, Saad in?

Carlton

NameInjuryReturn
Matt CarrollGroin2-4 weeks
Adam CerraHamstring3-4 weeks
Matt CottrellFoot4-5 weeks
David CuninghamCalf3-4 weeks
Sam DurdinConcussion1-2 weeks
Sam DochertyACLSeason
Lachie FogartyHand1-2 weeks
Jack MartinCalfTBA
Jesse MotlopHamstring1 week
Hudson O'KeefeHamstring8-12 weeks
Adam SaadHamstring1 week
Jack SilvagniKneeSeason
Jacob WeiteringThighTBA

Latest Update: May 19

Every team has significant injuries and as we are quickly working out, Carlton's injury list is mostly to also-rans who offer nothing more than depth.

Have to like Gold Coast here.
Rested a few handy players who should come in fresh and really smash their direct opponents. That midfield is humming and they need to tag Walsh as he has shown to be rather ineffective if you put a body on him the entire game.

Suns season on the line here. Win this, they play finals I reckon.

Every team has significant injuries and as we are quickly working out, Carlton's injury list is mostly to also-rans who offer nothing more than depth.

Rested a few handy players who should come in fresh and really smash their direct opponents. That midfield is humming and they need to tag Walsh as he has shown to be rather ineffective if you put a body on him the entire game.

Nice try mate, you're getting predictable now.

Gotta like any side that can smash Geelong quite convincingly.

Second week in a row I've written this... this game is MASSIVE for the Suns. We just pulled off one of our greatest ever wins against Geelong in Darwin last week, but this is a completely different kettle of fish when trying to perform in the heartland of footy against a powerhouse club. We're yet to win an away game this year and this is the first time we've played in Melbourne this year so this is really our first opportunity to properly announce ourselves to the footy public.

Beating the Cats in front of 12k people in Darwin is great, but you really need to be winning away games in front of 40k+ opposition fans if you want to be taken seriously in this league. I think our boys now understand the opportunity that's in front of them and should hopefully show up to play in this game. A shootout between the two Coleman Medal leaders King & Curnow is a nice little side story attached to this game as well.

Suns by 22 points.

Strong developing fit and fast youth off a strong win against a clever rest the old blokes Geelong will give the Suns a lot to be confident about. Meanwhile Carlton are struggling to put 22 on the park. Hope says Carlton - head says Suns. Does Charlie decide to start playing in front and will Harry ever kick a goal from 20 meters in front? How is TDK going to go against Witts....and is Weitering good enough on just one leg....

yeah good luck Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vital game for two mid table teams. The Suns have been adept at developing young talent. The Blues are adept at buying talent.

For many, the Blues are underdogs for this game. Last Friday they copped a flogging and looked listless. I had a look at the Blues and there are just three players who would be Cert Inclusions on other lists. Carlton still has not fixed the talent imbalance on the list and this is clear in games where there is little to distinguish their bottom 6 from those at the Tigers or nmfc.

The Suns need to travel better and imo are overdue for a big win. Reckon they will get the W by 25.

Interesting game.

Blues need to respond from a very poor showing last round.

Suns with a bit of momentum but huge question marks remain over form away from home.

I suspect Carlton gets the job done here, even with the player availability issues.

.For many, the Blues are underdogs for this game.

Classic Horace.

Oh really? Where are these “many”?

Carlton are strong favorites and rightly so. Whether they get the job done is another story.

Vital game for two mid table teams. The Suns have been adept at developing young talent. The Blues are adept at buying talent.

For many, the Blues are underdogs for this game. Last Friday they copped a flogging and looked listless. I had a look at the Blues and there are just three players who would be Cert Inclusions on other lists. Carlton still has not fixed the talent imbalance on the list and this is clear in games where there is little to distinguish their bottom 6 from those at the Tigers or nmfc.

The Suns need to travel better and imo are overdue for a big win. Reckon they will get the W by 25.
Grand Uncle Troll…. Boooorrrriiinnnggg!

Gold Coast have been poor away from their home ground and NT this season. On paper they have the side to match the Blues, but the safer tip is Carlton bouncing back at home and keeping touch with the top 4.

Should be a belter.

Interesting comments above.

So I had a squizz at the Blues injury list

Yeah maybe.... maybe not.

Martin, Weiters, Motlop, Saad in?

Carlton

NameInjuryReturn
Matt CarrollGroin2-4 weeks
Adam CerraHamstring3-4 weeks
Matt CottrellFoot4-5 weeks
David CuninghamCalf3-4 weeks
Sam DurdinConcussion1-2 weeks
Sam DochertyACLSeason
Lachie FogartyHand1-2 weeks
Jack MartinCalfTBA
Jesse MotlopHamstring1 week
Hudson O'KeefeHamstring8-12 weeks
Adam SaadHamstring1 week
Jack SilvagniKneeSeason
Jacob WeiteringThighTBA

Latest Update: May 19

Actually I have two definites in Weitering, an A+ player and Cerra, a solid B+, who every Club would want on their list.

Even nmfc would pass on some of the others who are not at level or injury prone or are a light of previous years.

Interesting comments above.

So I had a squizz at the Blues injury list

Actually I have two definites in Weitering, an A+ player and Cerra, a solid B+, who every Club would want on their list.

Even nmfc would pass on some of the others who are not at level or injury prone or are a light of previous years.
Theres two AA players in the if you forget to talk about.

Important games for both teams.

As for Suns, can they finally play well on the road? So far except GWS game they were mostly terrible. Lions game was the worst game I can remember.

With Walter and Rogers most probably back, Suns will again play very young line-up. It's telling Suns had younger line-ups against Hawks and North.

Rested Witts vs TDK will be interesting, midfield battle as well.

Enjoy watching Mac and Walter.

Back