Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Blues v Pies Fri May 3rd 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I've touched a nerve...

If anything, you should be enjoying Tilly/Meows work.

The fact that they're even bothering suggests Carlton are finally back amongst it and being taken seriously, does it not?
I don't think you touched anything other than yourself during that last comment.

Meows work is balanced Tilly's less so.
Human nature.

Blues supporters (in the minority) disrespecting Geelong both pre and post game with outlandish statements causes Geelong supporters (also in the minority) to do the same rubbish.

The vast majority of us on both sides don't give a s**t and thought it was a good game, and we'll hopefully see something similar next time.

It's a select few on both sides making a storm in a teacup.

Not worth pick 6 is he.
Don't get me wrong, decent midfielder but mids like Cerra are a dime-a-dozen.

I'm looking forward to watching all these injured players come into the Carlton side and suddenly turn them into this supposedly great juggernaut.
Was leading the Carlton B&F last year till he was injured in the game against the Pies, where at that point of the game he was clearly the best man on ground.

You need to watch more footy he has been a great trade.

I don't think you touched anything other than yourself during that last comment.
Just pointing out that claiming some victory over a game 30 years ago because you've got nothing to go off lately is a pretty weak insult.

If you wanna have a go at the guy, at least come up with something decent. That's all I'm saying.

'Ha! You must be salty because my side beat yours in a game that you probably weren't even alive for!!'

Read that aloud and you'll realise how sad that sounds.

Neither Tilly or Meow would be posting in this thread if we hadn't just played the Cats. You wouldn't think they won that game the way they've carried on the past week.
Meow is the top contributor! With 50% more posts than the next person, in a thread about 2 teams he doesn't support.
He has 30 in this thread and only 19 in the thread for his own team's game... that must have been a scarring win.
Wrong.

I tipped Carlton against GWS, against Geelong and am doing the same this week. I like watching them and had them 4th headed into the season. I still think they're one of the main premiership contenders this season. I've responded to posts in here purely on football terms, with no trolling.

But well done on just trying to make it personal because I called you out on your drunken whinging antics at 3am last weekend.

Just pointing out that claiming some victory over a game 30 years ago because you've got nothing to go off lately is a pretty weak insult.

If you wanna have a go at the guy, at least come up with something decent. That's all I'm saying.

'Ha! You must be salty because my side beat yours in a game that you probably weren't even alive for!!'

Read that aloud and you'll realise how sad that sounds.
I was alive but no, I don't subscribe to the theory that you should hold onto a grudge against a club because your side lost an important match to them decades ago. Think about how many big finals Geelong have lost to various clubs over the past few decades. The hate list would cover most sides in the competition.

I do understand that tribalistic Neanderthals try to reduce any point made to "oh you MUST be salty. Look at your obsession". Nah, I just like chatting footy and I'd imagine for most expats it's a hobby that makes you feel a bit more at home. Apparently it can be the biggest crime though...on a football forum.

I was alive but no, I don't subscribe to the theory that you should hold onto a grudge against a club because your side lost an important match to them decades ago. Think about how many big finals Geelong have lost to various clubs over the past few decades. The hate list would cover most sides in the competition.

I do understand that tribalistic Neanderthals try to reduce any point made to "oh you MUST be salty. Look at your obsession". Nah, I just like chatting footy and I'd imagine for most expats it's a hobby that makes you feel a bit more at home. Apparently it can be the biggest crime though...on a football forum.
Agree with this entirely.

Believe you live overseas? In a respect, it's similar for me living in Sydney. There's SFA people to discuss footy with, and you're forced into doing it through other means like this.

Back on the thread topic though, Blues by 3 goals.

Pies midfield depleted, and Curnow & McKay will be too much for Collingwood's defence without Murphy allowing Moore to peel off.

I was alive to see 89, 92 and 94. 95 was the worst, could tell very early on that we were going to get belted. Imagine that might have been what Port and Sydney fans felt v us in later GFs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was alive but no, I don't subscribe to the theory that you should hold onto a grudge against a club because your side lost an important match to them decades ago.
backing up homer simpson GIF

Biggest game of the year so far - can’t wait.

When all is said and done, it is all about speed and the Pies have that in spades across the park. I expect their midfield to come good today and run away with it. Carlton have looked a little slow of late with the Pies now working into some form.

I like fast players.

Jordan Lewis delivering the cliche phrase analysis. Most vapid and shallow commentator ever.

I don't like the bloke.

Also has a combover these days.

Jordan Lewis delivering the cliche phrase analysis. Most vapid and shallow commentator ever.

I don't like the bloke.

he is a total nuffie -and tries to improve when he puts glasses on for the scholarly look as if the thug can read.

I don't like the bloke.

I have fox but watch games that are on fta on 7. It’s so much better than the fox garbage.

Hope it’s a cracker! I don’t watch many non Richmond games anymore, but love the pies v blues rivalry.

Back