Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
I never touch the 2nd bar ,when I did my kicks were awful
If I don't touch it, my kicks go OOTF. The system makes sense, its just hilarious that

1. Its different to the install mechanism with Dangerfield
2. Every player seems to have a different experience

Does anyone constantly get the commentating piece saying “he’s going to put this straight through the high diddle diddle”.

I don’t know what it is about it, but it makes me uncomfortable every single time.

That and in my 28 years of watching AFL, I have never heard a goal being referred to as the high diddle diddle.
"Greg Williams would have been proud of that one"

Ross and the boys only had the budget for one former player reference, and they chose a bloke that nobody under 30 saw play and nobody under 20 has heard of.

Genuine question: does this game have rubber-banding? Every time I get a run on and get ~5 goals up, the opposition come back and are absolutely unstoppable.
It varies for me (unsure if teams + difficulties play a role ?). Some match ups are literally goal for goal contests, others there are momentum swings every 3-5 goals. Or like the Port Adelaide game I showed the screenshot of. Port destroyed me for most of the first half. While I slaughtered them with little fightback in the second half. If I'm losing by 5+ goals in the fourth quarter, I always seem to come storming home in the final minute of the match.

Genuine question: does this game have rubber-banding? Every time I get a run on and get ~5 goals up, the opposition come back and are absolutely unstoppable.
There's no rubber banding, there is momentum, that can mean that you end up losing/winning by large margins.

There's no rubber banding, there is momentum, that can mean that you end up losing/winning by large margins.

How do they differ in practice?

Like if I'm on a roll, how do the opposition halt that momentum and gain it themselves without suddenly becoming supermen while my team become headless chooks?

It varies for me (unsure if teams + difficulties play a role ?). Some match ups are literally goal for goal contests, others there are momentum swings every 3-5 goals. Or like the Port Adelaide game I showed the screenshot of. Port destroyed me for most of the first half. While I slaughtered them with little fightback in the second half. If I'm losing by 5+ goals in the fourth quarter, I always seem to come storming home in the final minute of the match.
Centre bounces are the worst part of the game for mine. I pretty much am a fan of the rest. I hate that the AI just get out by themselves constantly. It seems like most centre bounces I lose - they tap it down, handpass it 10m to a guy on the wing in the clear, forward 50 entry that I lose of course, goal, repeat.

When they get on that roll I cannot stop it. I wish you could select a midfielder in ruck contests.

Automatic handballs are bloody awful, not sure why they have come in?
Anyone else notice the ball skids like its travelling 300km per hour after a kick and handball?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Automatic handballs are bloody awful, not sure why they have come in?
Anyone else notice the ball skids like its travelling 300km per hour after a kick and handball?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't mind it, if there was a way to control em a bit more though that'd be even better

A few after patch videos

A player chooses to do the hot shoe shuffle instead of the moonwalk

Automatic handball after getting the ball from the ruck contest

Automatic handball in general play

I'm assuming this automatic handball is involved in the "improved player movement" getting this instead of some of the janky/stiff movement or teleport running etc ?

Had a funny camera effect after kicking a goal (I only remember to record replays and they don't capture after goal celebrations very well in replays grr). But basically the camera was going nuts circling around the environment (so basically circling around the crowd around the stands) while close up on the player himself running back to his position. It was some freaky Matrix stuff!

You use manual or semi player switching? May have something to do with the game not registering you as the controlling player for a split second so the AI takes over. Same happened with free kicks online for a while where the player receiving the free kick would automatically kick the ball straight away.

Centre bounces are the worst part of the game for mine. I pretty much am a fan of the rest. I hate that the AI just get out by themselves constantly. It seems like most centre bounces I lose - they tap it down, handpass it 10m to a guy on the wing in the clear, forward 50 entry that I lose of course, goal, repeat.

When they get on that roll I cannot stop it. I wish you could select a midfielder in ruck contests.

Yeah it can be a bit painful when they win it and it's a battle to get the ball back (usually have to rely on marking on the half back or full back line) And with the way the marking has been adjusted in recent patches, it can be a lottery between marking it or being humiliated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigAntStudios cheers guys. The online games have improved dramatically the last 24-48 hours after the last patch. Hopefully forwards on from here. Was awesome that a replay of a speccy i took was shown after kicking the goal. So perfect as the speccy is hard to see from the camera angle i use online so a quick highlight was so amazing!:) only issue i seem to be having now is i cant win a single ruck tap even though im doing exactly what the guide says:(
The half back players running past for a handball in the defensive half is so amazing and as the handball to a player on the run becomes more effortless. This game is almost their!:)

I just think set shots and shots on the run are too easy. Every game is like 12.1 or 10.0 online. Should be somewhat closer to 50/50
Unless ofcourse a player has like a 99 kicking stat. Only then it should come down to user error:)
Finally enjoyed the game today (online)
Hope to see more and more improvements 😊
How do you do speccys?

So speccy spoil works now.

Also whoever Bood is, appreciate the stream but it's so infuriating not being able to help you with some basic things that you're blaming the game for. This is why I worry about changes being made to the game when they don't need to be, a lot of people have NFI what to do if they don't have the ball in hand.

Did the CPU speed up in the last patch? I noticed post patch the opposition were getting rid of the ball almost before they received it. I've been playing it since release and someone else in my stream noticed that too. On Medium by the way.

I don’t understand coding etc clearly but I still can’t wrap my head around how a game that was due out in April is still so bugged , like I could understand a couple of aspects of it like if a few features were missing and got patched in. I guess playing titles like NBA I’m used to the game working fine just with small things patched or updated after release.

1684413589275.png
600px-AFL_finals_v2.png
The finals layout in game is very weird, not sure why the brisbane sydney game isn't at the bottom instead of melbourne essendon considering that is the other qualifying final. makes the lines look very odd

Just a bit of sliding
7m8buw.gif

Automatic handball - straight to the boundary line (thanks Rex)

A situation where the automatic handball actually worked well - GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

2 automatic handballs in a row

More automatic handballs then straight to the boundary line

Obviously introduced an issue with handball - it would be great if you could contact support.bigant.com (I am assuming you've tried changing the control settings to see if this is just on assisted, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back