AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're holding out for a new coach to possibly come on board, surely the end of January is when you just have to bite the bullet and appoint somebody you know is going to turn up.

For that reason, if they haven't appointed somebody by the end of Jan, I'm going to tip that Langford gets the job. They'll keep Asst coach open for any prospects who they've been holding out for.

I'd like to see Gill at Cities. Just playing alongside him, even for a few games, would be great to get youngsters down to a club that needs the support.

I consider Adam Couch's brother who played in Spotwoods flag last yr, Sam Harkin (absolute gun) and Rick Allen both Ballarat inter league reps, The player Saint is talking about who will be the best mid in the comp, Zac White as a new ruckman, new CHB from Croydon, man mountain Braybon, Searl from Nth Ballarat VFL, a fit Matt Walsh and few more pick ups as exciting if you are involved around the club...

So is there any truth about the 2 x hawks players heading to wear the black, white and red next year? True hawks have lost a player to cities also but not a regular a grade player

Tigers have 40 strong on the track, looks great and hope the rain stays away to ensure the balls come out on the track today!

Don't think Mulva will be trying to convince him too much (though I see they're Facebook Friends!), he might take his position! The Ressies league BnF would be fighting for that same spot, both have been working hard in the off-season.

Saints have lost a few too and need to improve if they want to challenge for the flag again.
Lost Coatesworth, Dixon, Martin, Harth, Parsons, Poyner. That's half the spine and the coach and equal best player(one person).

Haven't seen any Hawks players on the Saints track, but I've only been down to watch one training. Good to see a couple of new redheads on the track, I was worried we were losing them all.

From what I'm hearing, I'm happy to slot Tigers into my top 4, but who would drop out, Port or Centrals? Have Port dropped back enough, have Centrals picked up anyone?

Who will coach Hawks........anyone want to take a punt??
My mail today was that Hawks had appointed Jeremy Gleeson as head coach, non playing, who was with Old Collegians in the Warnambool league last year. Not here for another 3 weeks though.:confused: Gill shopping himself around as he will be only available for around 10 games. As someone else said Cities and Saints were favourites to get him.
Saw Norths training Thurs night, good numbers, Richter, Tennick and Dixon absolute standouts and if we can keep these 3 on the paddock should see some finals action.
From what I hear Saints have recruited well again are my early team to beat. Can't be ideal for Hawks to not have a coach until 4 weeks before kick off.

Rumors are terrible micky searle from north ballarat vfl is playing singed ages ago why would he want to play at the saints with that stubby and mark Kennedy still there

If he's playing at Nth Ballarat, he's a long way from home. He's been to every training from what I hear.

And from what I've seen of the one I watched, he sets a pretty high standard on the track. Even if he doesn't play at Saints, I can say with 100% certainty that he's training there (so not a rumour at all) and sets the highest standard, which is good for the club.

My mail today was that Hawks had appointed Jeremy Gleeson as head coach, non playing, who was with Old Collegians in the Warnambool league last year. Not here for another 3 weeks though.:confused: Gill shopping himself around as he will be only available for around 10 games. As someone else said Cities and Saints were favourites to get him.
Saw Norths training Thurs night, good numbers, Richter, Tennick and Dixon absolute standouts and if we can keep these 3 on the paddock should see some finals action.
From what I hear Saints have recruited well again are my early team to beat. Can't be ideal for Hawks to not have a coach until 4 weeks before kick off.

It looked fantastic! Fitness wise, those three were clear standouts. Slotting in Davies, Batten, Bosen and my fav son Fenton will lead the tigers into strong position finals time. I would like to think we could be finals contenders this year with the knowledge that the 'best team on the day' wins the game, not reputation. Carnnnnn the tigers!

Don't think Mulva will be trying to convince him too much (though I see they're Facebook Friends!), he might take his position! The Ressies league BnF would be fighting for that same spot, both have been working hard in the off-season.

Saints have lost a few too and need to improve if they want to challenge for the flag again.
Lost Coatesworth, Dixon, Martin, Harth, Parsons, Poyner. That's half the spine and the coach and equal best player(one person).

Haven't seen any Hawks players on the Saints track, but I've only been down to watch one training. Good to see a couple of new redheads on the track, I was worried we were losing them all.

From what I'm hearing, I'm happy to slot Tigers into my top 4, but who would drop out, Port or Centrals? Have Port dropped back enough, have Centrals picked up anyone?

Great insight into the sainters! Which Dixon? Jeremy or Jessie?

You have been rumoured to have some fantastic pick ups this season and having looked from Sportsworld last week, they move very well. Can you confirm who has signed?

The hawks players and one centrals player from what i have heard will be training at the end of the month but have been talking to your club. This is unconfirmed but heard this from a life member at Hawks who lives at Cazalys who i happened to share a beer with occassionally.

Sorry DRK, only heard his last name from the track.

There's no 'signing' until clearance time and that doesn't open until February does it? So as far as I know nobody is 'signed' (except the two co-coaches)

By my calculations, once a bloke trains somewhere 10 times, that's as good as 'signed' for me.

See Matt Walsh, Saints has put in for transfer to NT couple of days ago... Must be fit? Good signs for Saints for 2012? Anyone know which club he is going to?

I can tell you that young Mr Walsh has been appointed as Head of Sport at St Augustines for this year.

There's no 'signing' until clearance time and that doesn't open until February does it? So as far as I know nobody is 'signed' (except the two co-coaches)

By my calculations, once a bloke trains somewhere 10 times, that's as good as 'signed' for me.

Is Jessie Dixon playing at Saints again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I have heard that's on 1st Feb. but will bite my tongue if that was the wrong info given to me. :confused:

Heard on the grapevine that the big ruckman from last year's Centrals team walked out and is on the market.

Hope norths are calling this guy, we will be short in this department!

I was informed not more than 20mins ago that the gentleman in question has indeed signed with North Cairns and that there is a better than good chance that Rowan Gray will be back
What has happened to the shit slinging at North's from Hawks? I miss it :(

Cutter's have picked up a gun from Sth Warrnambool Premiership Player Trent Harmen, he was asked to join Sth Adelaide but opted to go with mate's to Cairns, quick running mid size backmen.

I was informed not more than 20mins ago that the gentleman in question has indeed signed with North Cairns and that there is a better than good chance that Rowan Gray will be back
What has happened to the shit slinging at North's from Hawks? I miss it :(

Carnnn the tigers! Thats a great signing, its coming together very nicely!

Rd1 Hawks v's Sainters will be worth watching. I dont think both teams will show much in the preseason but think come the first game of the season, it will be good viewing with Saints kicking a cricket score over the Hawks. Mail is saints have lost a few but the replacements are high quality with word Jason Eagle is in Darwin and a chance to return back to saints.

Cutter's have picked up a gun from Sth Warrnambool Premiership Player Trent Harmen, he was asked to join Sth Adelaide but opted to go with mate's to Cairns, quick running mid size backmen.

Handy pick up for the cuttersand have picked up a few boys from down that way. Harmen will be the best of them and should be a solid player in the Cairns league. Don't think he'll dominate though. Cutters will need a few more of him to be a force this year I believe.

Any word on Jeremy Gleeson signing at hawks? Can this be confirmed?

Look out if the Eagle returns to the nest at Griffths. The Saints forward line will be very handy if they have coach nick, walsh,eagle, mcqueen, allen and hallas running around. Some cricket scores could well be kicked!

Season 2012 draw is out some interesting match ups :footy:

Pre-season comp 17th & 24th March

Round 1 Grand Final Replay ------Hawkies V Sainters :thumbsu:

Souths V Lions , Norths V Port CTB week off

http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=1660805

What is with playing at Easter??? absolute joke..... Hopefully clubs can field teams but wouldn't suprise me to see 16 a side etc in the Twos on this weekend or even a few forfeits... Can't imagine any players being in favour of playing at Easter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back