AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit happening last weekend in footy.

Walsh on his way to another ton?

Jared Brennan in lions colors again

Norths no show in Port

Who was at the games, how did they unfold? Interested to know if Brennan had much of an impact for lion?
Lions V hawks was a good game, Lions just a little too strong in the end but Hawks have plenty to look forward too if they can keep their core group of kids together. They fought hard & were well coached (I thought) just lacked a little polish but that will come. Brennan was excellent, a little rusty but that hanger he took is huge early contender for mark of the year. And he's a really nice bloke, no big ego that's for sure. It was an enjoyable day.

I watched crocs v bulldogs last week and looks as thou Adams is playing a deep forward role and used sparingly in the middle
Not sure why but port looks as thou they have boosted there midfield stocks immensely
Port v saints I think will be a tight won contest that will be won by defense

Cutters will smash hawks

Lions will dismantle bulldogs and Micky Paul will show his worth
Any news if that scumbag chris Adams has stolen anything from teammates in port yet won't be long now and he will banished from another club!!

Lions V hawks was a good game, Lions just a little too strong in the end but Hawks have plenty to look forward too if they can keep their core group of kids together. They fought hard & were well coached (I thought) just lacked a little polish but that will come. Brennan was excellent, a little rusty but that hanger he took is huge early contender for mark of the year. And he's a really nice bloke, no big ego that's for sure. It was an enjoyable day.

Hawks def on the way up and hope they can hang onto the coach long term!

Hawks def on the way up and hope they can hang onto the coach long term!

I'm not normally a person that is easily impressed but Sinclair has impressed me. I for one, do hope that he hangs around to see his hard work bare some fruit.

Whispers south of cairns have Michael Markham teaming up with brother in law Lukas ellich will play out rest of year at tigers

Whispers south of cairns have Michael Markham teaming up with brother in law Lukas ellich will play out rest of year at tigers

HAHAHAH

Even with norths defeat last weekend, they wouldnt stoop to those depths to ask for the services of that TOOOOOOOOOOOL! Jorgo or Watsons like to comment lol

You joined up yesterday just to post that comment, it's a good laugh..... I always say "Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn"

You joined up yesterday just to post that comment, it's a good laugh..... I always say "Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn"

Sounds like this may be a team mate ???? Some sort of joker... Be keeping my ears open this week..

I heard Billy English was also going to Norths to join up with his cousin Willie Alick.

I predict a very focused & determined Lions outfit to end Souths unbeaten run this sat.....

Saints too strong for Norths & Hawks to break their duck for 2014 also. Just my tips.

I predict a very focused & determined Lions outfit to end Souths unbeaten run this sat.....

Saints too strong for Norths & Hawks to break their duck for 2014 also. Just my tips.

Lions to beat Cutters, that's a big call City Lion. You're certainly nothing short of optimistic. However I will say one thing, I'm sure the Lions should push the Cutters. On another note, the Peninsula U15 boys go away next Wednesday to Brisbane for the QLD Schoolboys championships. The team has struggled a little bit for players and there have been a couple of injury scares but I'm sure they'll give a good account of themselves under the expert tutelege of Byrne, Walsh and Parsons. Good luck boys, stick it right up those people from south of Tully.

Anyway my kiss of death for the soggy weekend -

Centrals V Hawks - On current form I think the Hawks can beat the Centrals outfit at Wallaby Terd Park. I think if the young Hawks with the older players can put 4 quarters of footy together they'll get up.

Cutters V Lions - Although Cairns City Lion is optimistic, I think the Lions will give the Cutters a good hard push but that crowd on the Fretwell balcony will decide who wins. Cutters to win but not easily.

Norths V Saints - In recent weeks Norths have struggled but with the new coach coming in and trying to settle everything down, who know's? Saints for me and Walshy to kick about 8 goals providing he has good delivery.

Now look who is 'mumbling' your kidding aren't you? You only just beat hawks and being out their on Sunday i couldn't help scanning around the ground looking for the bloke who goes to the footy wearing a blindfold as its obvious you don't watch the footy or the lions play! MUPPET!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the results of the weekend round, it looks like a few people need to get some goal kicking practice in this week. In saying that though, wet conditions don't make it easy.

Thoughts on Jason Roe's comments today??? What more can Gary Young and Mel Dunstan do to help the other clubs??? Im thinking they should head down and run some water for them or coach them lol.......... Dogs and Lions have recruited their rings off to be running bottom half of the table at best...... Do they give lions, tigers, hawks and dogs 30pts head start???

Braved the rain to go and watch Saints and Norths. Was a bit baffled by Norths. Richter playing on Walsh was the first. 2nd they had Bridge on him too all day so it was 2 on 1 all day. Walsh kicks 3 should have kicked 6 or 7 and Richter and Bridge are Norths best 2 players.Says alot for the rest of the team. Meuller was dangerous up forward but they were playing so defensive with 2 or 3 loose behind te ball all day they were never going to score enougn to win. Young Martin was quite good at FF though. Saints wernt at their best but did enough to win. Saints ressies also had a good win.

Thoughts on Jason Roe's comments today??? What more can Gary Young and Mel Dunstan do to help the other clubs??? Im thinking they should head down and run some water for them or coach them lol.......... Dogs and Lions have recruited their rings off to be running bottom half of the table at best...... Do they give lions, tigers, hawks and dogs 30pts head start???
Agreed STT, don't see how the league admins can change the way a team performs. The clubs are tremendously well supported by Cazaly's financially, no affiliation fees etc. Far more support than my clubs down South could ever dream of. And as far as money goes Centrals seem to be proving it doesn't matter how much you throw around, it doesn't guarantee results. The young hawks are the way to go, if they can keep them together they will taste success because they know each other, believe in the coach and the game plan and want success for their own satisfaction, not for profit in the short term.

Did anyone see the cairns post today Cameron Cambell named in the cairns team haha would this have anything to do with the mans former job for afl cairns or the fact that the assistant coach of south cairns is a selector it was a good laugh anyway! I'm sure billy English would of raised his eyebrow to this!!!!

And who will be the lucky man to bury that scumbag chris Adams on Saturday!!!!

He won't be playing.

He got a 1 week suspension for punching a Tigers player 100m off the ball right in front of the umpire which resulted in a red card. Tigers player has a fractured face and is out for the season.

He won't be playing.

He got a 1 week suspension for punching a Tigers player 100m off the ball right in front of the umpire which resulted in a red card. Tigers player has a fractured face and is out for the season.

Wow, can you foresee any pay back when next you meet?

Souths and port this week, hard to pick what are your thoughts?

Last rounds game was a hard physical game with the Cutters taking the lead in the 2nd term and winning by 29 in the end, expect much the same this week. I reckon the ladder as it is will be pretty much the ladder we see at the end of august. Providing the league doesn't give the lower teams any dispensation as Mr Roe has requested. (Tongue in cheek):D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back