AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched cutters saints yesterday would have to say there ruckman Michael Markham would be one of the dirtiest players running around in the cairns comp! Late hits throwing punches in packs surprised me he hasn't been picked up on it yet!!

I find this very strange Mick is one of the cleanest in the league , yes hard to the ball , in saying this I have never seen him throw the first in football.

I find this very strange Mick is one of the cleanest in the league , yes hard to the ball , in saying this I have never seen him throw the first in football.

Mick is a hard player, commits himself and his body to the contest but he was easily beaten all day in most areas and i suggest it was mostly frustration. Cutters at no stage had the game go their way and were 2nd in and when you start blaming umpires and giving away 50m's you have to start wondering ' have they had it too easy and their way' for most of the season...... Back to the drawing board i would say! Scary thing is looking at the program, last years team who are in the program, saints were running on half a tank..... with still a number of players to come back, is this correct?

On another note, Tamba........ adding Ellich to your list...... what on earth are you thinking? Haven't you learnt anything from the fact he has been the centre of fallout at 2 other clubs......... Why would you do that? Surely your club cant be so blind sighted to his ways!!!

Mick is a hard player, commits himself and his body to the contest but he was easily beaten all day in most areas and i suggest it was mostly frustration. Cutters at no stage had the game go their way and were 2nd in and when you start blaming umpires and giving away 50m's you have to start wondering ' have they had it too easy and their way' for most of the season...... Back to the drawing board i would say! Scary thing is looking at the program, last years team who are in the program, saints were running on half a tank..... with still a number of players to come back, is this correct?

On another note, Tamba........ adding Ellich to your list...... what on earth are you thinking? Haven't you learnt anything from the fact he has been the centre of fallout at 2 other clubs......... Why would you do that? Surely your club cant be so blind sighted to his ways!!!

Had no idea this happened, but you may have missed the news, I'm sitting on the sidelines this year doing all the dog shows I can to get Australian Titles for my two pooches.
By the way I am suspended for 12 months for being too vocal at the men in orange. :cool: I still get inside word from some clubs I have mates in and get the scores off AFL Cairns live scores on game day, they even do play by play some weeks. Mostly I'm on the southern forums now whilst the Under 18s championship is on. My nephew is the captain of SA and they are kicking butt in the matches played so far ( knocking off both WA & Vic Country) also were they last years winners of the tournament & too think the Penguin & I tried to recruit him for the Cutters for $50 a game, 3 years ago

Can't say I saw markham do anything too bad either. Maybe you were keeping a closer eye on him dilby. 2 good games at griffiths infront of a good crowd mostly Souths supporters which is a great sign for them. Saints did have a few missing yes but no doubt Souths were a few short too

I would have to agree with other comments, Mick Markham is just a genuine hard footy player. With all the games I have never seen him do anything un-toward.

On another note, finally the young Hawks had their first win for the season. I watched some of the game and the older players (if I can call them that) really stood up and lead the team around the park. The coach told me he was speechless at full time and really didn't know what to say. But from what I seen of him on Saturday night, he was beaming like a proud father.

Would have to say dilby has a cult like following the south of cairns!! Will be a boring weekend this weekend with no footy being played in cairns

Check out the link.

First they take the bump away and now they're talking about returning the adult game into an U10's match. Seriously, are you kidding?? I think it's time the games law makers have a good hard look at themselves. Next we'll be seeing hard hats, long sleeve shirts, long trousers, gloves, steel capped boots and safety glasses. Look it might relieve the congestion but I fail to see how this will improve the game. Any genuine thoughts???

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-...FLcomauArezonesthesolutiontocongestion_030614

Brian Durbidge on the clearances from centrals back to ovens and Murray
Big Footy favourite Lukas Ehlich finally fronted the tribunal last night, was given 8 weeks on 3 separate charges and an additional week for failing to appear at original hearing.

Big Footy favourite Lukas Ehlich finally fronted the tribunal last night, was given 8 weeks on 3 separate charges and an additional week for failing to appear at original hearing.

It was in this morning's fish wrapper, have to agree with the good doctor. One week for not appearing SERIOUSLY?? However, there have been a few occasions when a tribunal hearing was suppose to happen but didn't because tribunal members didn't attend for one reason or another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was in this morning's fish wrapper, have to agree with the good doctor. One week for not appearing SERIOUSLY?? However, there have been a few occasions when a tribunal hearing was suppose to happen but didn't because tribunal members didn't attend for one reason or another.

What a joke!.............. Thats all i will say about him lol

Well, 9 weeks but loosing a GF for your team....... that will last a lifetime! :)

Gary Young showing who's boss with his reply in the post today. Fair points by both columns and although everyone's selections would be different for a rep side due to bias and opinion etc I agree that you have to put your best team forward to represent the competition and if that means a couple guys that have only played a handful of games get selected, so be it!

Gary Young showing who's boss with his reply in the post today. Fair points by both columns and although everyone's selections would be different for a rep side due to bias and opinion etc I agree that you have to put your best team forward to represent the competition and if that means a couple guys that have only played a handful of games get selected, so be it!

Old Henry is nothing short of having an opinion but he did make some good points. The younger guys do have a pathway through Cairns Lions and then going onto the state academy championships if they're selected in the NQ team. A lot of the "juniors" are getting game time in Seniors and Ressies and this also assisting with their development.

I read the Townsville newspaper on the weekend and they had a big special about a super stadium with roof they want built in the city. The columnist (Antony Stewart I believe) then goes on to say that when the stadium is built that all AFL games will be taken from Cairns as Cazalys will be infieror. Lets keep Cazalys going with development so that we are the number 1 venue outside the SEQ corner.

Does that rule him out for qualifying for finals then. Lets hope so
If he was suspended from June 3 then 9 weeks will see him miss the whole season and not play any games. So no chance of playing 3 to qualify. Bugger that. I was hoping to watch him play. He is a good player and he gives tremendous enjoyment with his endeavours.

If he was suspended from June 3 then 9 weeks will see him miss the whole season and not play any games. So no chance of playing 3 to qualify. Bugger that. I was hoping to watch him play. He is a good player and he gives tremendous enjoyment with his endeavours.
He maybe a good player but he does not deserve to play. He a loose cannon and you would be mad to have him at your club. I would love to know which club will take him now i've heard souths have pulled their offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back