AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I have had the opportunity to run for both players, and I must say that Mr.Bowes and Mr.Karwin (Joel that is) are very similar. I believe that the age gap between the two is also rather small, despite Mr. Karwan's competition being more difficult. It was a sad day as that lad left my field. Overall the two are very even, however the downfall of the latter is most definitely his father; of whom is obnoxious, arrogant and a fool.

Unemployed, fat and lazy! Definitely his sons downfall......... Kid needs to flick him as he would be a great acquisition at any club in town!

I see in the paper that its decision time on Hawks punishment for not turning up at Port. Interested in everyones opinion on the penalty? Personally I think it should be premiership points deducted for next season, a fine is pointless.

I see in the paper that its decision time on Hawks punishment for not turning up at Port. Interested in everyones opinion on the penalty? Personally I think it should be premiership points deducted for next season, a fine is pointless.

How many weeks have they been saying this for? I think they will get a fine, my thoughts are that they will lose their community grant or whatever it's called.

Kiss of death for the last round -

Centrals V Saints - The turds will be flying everywhere, Sainst to kick a cricket score and Walsh to get his ton.

Port V Norths - I think Norths will be strong but won't be able to produce enough to win at the Croc Pit.

Hawks V Lions - No Brennan this week for the Lions, a couple of the senior Hawks will be back this week. Hawks to win in a close one at Cazalys.

Will AFL Cairns actually make a decision??? I'll wait with baited breath.

Saints
Port
Hawks

Centrals V Saints. Centrals can finally pack their bags as season over, and a great disappointment for them after all the hype. They were duded by the playing roster.

Port V Norths. Port at home say no more

Hawks V Lions Now it's time to stand tall young Hawks bring it home.

Congratulations to Walshy, top effort by the old fella. Considering he missed some games he did well and as he has always said, he couldn't do it without the delivery.

On another note, the young Hawks finished the season with a win over the Lions. The Hawks won the game in the first quarter and never looked back. The Lions came back at them but the young Hawks had the answers and hung on. Young Brad Dick was a standout and along with Mugzy Mooka, these two boys have the world at their feet and even the youngest in the team chimed in with a goal from the 50. It was a good team effort by all and the coach is to be congratulated. It was a good feeling in the Hawks Bar after the game.

Congratulations to Walshy, top effort by the old fella. Considering he missed some games he did well and as he has always said, he couldn't do it without the delivery.

On another note, the young Hawks finished the season with a win over the Lions. The Hawks won the game in the first quarter and never looked back. The Lions came back at them but the young Hawks had the answers and hung on. Young Brad Dick was a standout and along with Mugzy Mooka, these two boys have the world at their feet and even the youngest in the team chimed in with a goal from the 50. It was a good team effort by all and the coach is to be congratulated. It was a good feeling in the Hawks Bar after the game.

Any news on any sanctions yet Flinstone re forfeited match? Are you going to run for president next season? :)

Any news on any sanctions yet Flinstone re forfeited match? Are you going to run for president next season? :)

No one knows what they're going to do except AFL Cairns, they keep saying next week. And no I'm not running for President.

Finals Tips for the weekend?

Seniors:

South v saints - saints
Port v north - port

Reserves:

Port v saints - port
South v lions - south

Should be a good breeze tomorrow at Cazalys, looking forward to some contest.

A's
Saints
Port

Reserves
Port
Cutters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks have been booted out of the comp. Propaganda in tomorrow's fish wrapper. Truth to follow.

Be that as it may, you can't honestly say that this would have happened had he not been at the club. Simple as that
This is exactly right. Although the penalty seems very harsh the powers that be at Hawks put one very questionable individual above the whole club and have paid a huge price. Quite a number of people on this forum, including myself, had very strong opinions on the involvement of Boxall & the decision to put him before the club as a whole still baffles me. Why didn't he show some maturity & the club some common sense & stand him down from the Port game? Sure, he played very well against the Lions in the last game of the season but was is worth it? I think to even the most one eyed Hawks member the answer would be a resounding NO.

This is exactly right. Although the penalty seems very harsh the powers that be at Hawks put one very questionable individual above the whole club and have paid a huge price. Quite a number of people on this forum, including myself, had very strong opinions on the involvement of Boxall & the decision to put him before the club as a whole still baffles me. Why didn't he show some maturity & the club some common sense & stand him down from the Port game? Sure, he played very well against the Lions in the last game of the season but was is worth it? I think to even the most one eyed Hawks member the answer would be a resounding NO.
Massive call from CAFL, but good on em for having the balls to do it. I didn't think a fine was enough and playing for no points next year would make a mockery of the comp. Not usually a conspiracy theory type, but maybe this helps them with the dilemma of having Hawks at Cazalys when/if NEAFL kicks off? Maybe helps Pyramid get a senior side. Either way, to lay all blame on Boxall is not right, the committee made the call and now they have to live with it. Seriously doubt we will see Manunda Hawks again.

Massive call from CAFL, but good on em for having the balls to do it. I didn't think a fine was enough and playing for no points next year would make a mockery of the comp. Not usually a conspiracy theory type, but maybe this helps them with the dilemma of having Hawks at Cazalys when/if NEAFL kicks off? Maybe helps Pyramid get a senior side. Either way, to lay all blame on Boxall is not right, the committee made the call and now they have to live with it. Seriously doubt we will see Manunda Hawks again.
For those who think they know what transpired. The decision not to go to Port was left to the players and players only. It was a fear for their own personal safety. CAFL even stated they had implemented precautions. Well precautions don't guarantee safety. So if the boys are denied a season of football because they feared for their safety as a group, then so be it. I have a devasted son at home, so all get off your bandwagons unless you actually know what you are talking about.

10 yrs ago north cairns made international news with there actions and the players got sanctioned. Hawks who were worried for there personal safety are kicked out if the league. Let's hope the other clubs stand up to the league and say we won't accept it. If not I'm happy to chip in $100 for hawks legal fund. Bad decision by the board at cafl. A step backwards.

Big decision, the affect on players for next year will be big also. I'm haven't got a 100% understanding on the points system for players going to other clubs, but you would think most hawks players will be looking for another club next year, with the points cap system in place it will make it hard on these young kids at hawks to develop further by playing senior football, more than likely getting stuck in the Ressies at other clubs. The unfortunate thing is, if Boxsell hadn't been welcomed into their club (like he got rejected at every other club he tried to join on his return to cairns) this whole farce would never have happened, that's the root cause of this conundrum.

10 yrs ago north cairns made international news with there actions and the players got sanctioned. Hawks who were worried for there personal safety are kicked out if the league. Let's hope the other clubs stand up to the league and say we won't accept it. If not I'm happy to chip in $100 for hawks legal fund. Bad decision by the board at cafl. A step backwards.
It is quite clear. Player safety has been downgraded by the league. This could be any club. The only voice I believe they will hear, is for other clubs to make a stand during this finals series. That's if the other clubs regard player safety as important.

Bark as much as you want, AFL Cairns wont do a back flip on this one. TO BIG AN EGO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back