AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Enough with the hawks saga, why not turn our attention to a cracker of a prelim final this Saturday. Looking forward to a good game, what's everyone else's thoughts?
I believe the mighty cutters will get up!

Both teams wernt at their best last week. Ports spread of goalkickers could be the difference especially if Boone comes back in while Souths rely on Smith to kick a winning score for them. Lock had a dirty day last week and will need to give them one of his best. Port for me. Saints have just had Souths measure in the twos this year and would expect that to continue. Just.

Decision stands. Thanks for the support from the presidents of Cutters & Saints. All options are now being considered.

Hope Cutters win tomorrow.

Souths in both games to stay alive for the GF

Very sorry for the Hawks ,

so you're saying only the Cutters & Saint Presidents stood up for Hawks & the others rolled over ?????

If so very P--s Poor by the other clubs,

Remember , Norths You for forfeited in 2005 seniors grade with no penalty , lack of players after the GF of 04 your club stated informed AFL Cairns two weeks before told to play but Noooooooo you didn't , Souths seniors played your ressies with no fine to you, Lions has forfeited numerous times over the years again no penalty.

So WHAT is the difference here, you cannot force a player to play if concerned about their safety or health

Way over the top and very Piss Poor by clubs not standing up for them again

Bugger , Bugger , Bugger -----Souths Seniors out in straight sets, the wind came up massive from reports, PD just too good,
Unfortunately the Magoos also went down, with a Player off to hospital, hope all is well with him

Well done Cutters for the Year. The improvement with each other is outstanding

Some news out of Manunda. NQ ruckman Cameron Duffy is set to leave the club at seasons end to South Cairns. A pay dispute between the club and Duffy is thought to have caused this. Cutters have allegedly offered up to 600+ for the talented ruck
Bit late now, but don't believe everything you read. Not sure how much Luke Powell was on, but Duffy doesn't have Powell' credentials as a ruck man yet

Somebody needs to check all-time football records. Has any player had more clubs than Chris Adams. Doubt he's left one on good terms either.

It surprises me that clubs don't do due diligence on Adams. Cutters had enough red flags from Victoria when he came up, and I don't think subsequent AFL Cairns teams (Bulldogs, Lions or Crocs) did their due diligence.

The guy can play footy but for heaven's sake, contact 1+ of his previous clubs if you're interested in him.

Tamba - he hadn't played for Saints either though I'm reliably informed that he has spoken to both them and Hawks in the past too.

C'mon guys its Grand Final week lets keep it on the field. Well done to Saints and Port for doing the double this year. Souths out in straight sets. I don't think that surprised too many in saying that it could have easily been Saints had they lost the first week. Souths just relied way too much on Smith and didn't really have much around him where Port had Sercome, Willams, Worthington and Boone (Wardle did do a good job on him) as multiple weapons up forward. Well done to Souths for their year lets hope they can be around the mark again next year. Saints should go in favourites in the Seniors while Port will in the Ressies. Should be two cracking games with both a toss of the coin in my book.

Bowes is a second rate player at best. His achievements may sound good on paper but after watching him play many times his performance is mediocre at best; an opinion many others hold and it honestly seems he is being highlighted to stand out. Both his performance at the game last Saturday and the way he played for the state side further proves this point. In the former he barely touched the ball as Cairns City Lion said. His performance for the state team was another average exploit, with his name not being in any write ups nor did he make it into the best players. These reasons alone prove that he should not have even been a candidate for the AIS and the write up for that drew on past endeavours that had nothing to do with the scholarship nor the state side making it even more laughable. The two other Cairns boys that went down; Karwan and Watson, played much better than him and along with many others players that did not make the AIS, earned a spot over Bowes. As for the rising star, Izzy Frank, Ashley Davidson, Karwan and Mugsy Mooka have shown themselves to be much better candidates for the award as they all possess real footy skills. Bowes is just another overrated pretty boy who does not have to do anything to gain achievements.

Well done to Jack for winning the rising star, and also to the other nominees for their great years. Much deserved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Zac Ewer for winning the crathern. Won by a mile I heard, he definitely had a stand out year. Who came in top 10 does anyone know?

Bemused! Been at Cazalys the last few weeks to witness a couple of player injuries. Cutters v Hawks & the ambulance was not allowed on to the ground playing area WTF? Again on the weekend, Cutters v Saints reserves, player down, stretcher out, play halted... Oh no play resumes goal kicked, play again halted. Player stretchered off, carried by 4 trainers (all women). To wrap it up, Gary Young drives out at the end of play (in the medical stretcher modified golf cart) to collect the goal post pads. Bemused? Just a little.

Bemused! Been at Cazalys the last few weeks to witness a couple of player injuries. Cutters v Hawks & the ambulance was not allowed on to the ground playing area WTF? Again on the weekend, Cutters v Saints reserves, player down, stretcher out, play halted... Oh no play resumes goal kicked, play again halted. Player stretchered off, carried by 4 trainers (all women). To wrap it up, Gary Young drives out at the end of play (in the medical stretcher modified golf cart) to collect the goal post pads. Bemused? Just a little.
Player welfare is very low on priorities.

Well done to Zac Ewer on his medal win...The games I saw him play in he absolutely dominated even though he was heavily tagged.

I reckon the Saints will win in a close game by 10pts. All the best to both teams.

All ok stop whinging about the league and just cop it that Hawks arent playing in the CAFL nyamad
Sorry Barry, we won't be copping it. And Barry, sorry for posting something about local footy on a local footy forum. And Barry, I think Saints will win the GF by over 10 goals.

Sorry Barry, we won't be copping it. And Barry, sorry for posting something about local footy on a local footy forum. And Barry, I think Saints will win the GF by over 10 goals.
So ture all ok. Saints to lose gf, port will be way to strong. Their firepower upforward will dwarf the influence of Shmatthew Walsh. Other day other win for the #CROCATTACK

Certainly was strange for the umpires to let Saints have their shot for goal while the stretcher was on the ground. As for the trainers carrying him off, why does it matter that they were women if South's don't have a male trainer in a situation that might need one that's their fault

CCL, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The club did its own inquiries & held discussions with all relevant parties prior to bringing him on board & the unanimous decision was to give the guy a go. The club has not been stained in any way & will not be as all they are doing is giving him a chance to play football.

Let's just let the lad play, let justice be served & keep the talk about football.
All ok, how's that stain looking now? You can bang on you like about Gary Young, the CAFL & the harshness of the penalty but you got it wrong bringing Boxell in & then forfeiting because of this one player. Why you keep backing a grub who has only played 6 games over the future of your whole club is beyond belief. How about the club just delist him, go back to the CAFL & admit you made the wrong call. Maybe then everyone can set aside their egos for the sake of the whole competition, reverse the decision & allow Hawks to play in 2015. No-one wants Hawks out but my opinion is they have to admit they got all this terribly wrong & then start a mediation process.

I hope Saints win the GF on Saturday. Would like to see the karma bus hit Port Douglas between the eyes for their involvement in the Manunda Hawks affair. I just wish the Port Douglas President and club had come out publicy and supported Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back