AFL LIVE PC Texture Mods

Remove this Banner Ad

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
If you've been on the other AFL Live PC thread you will have seen some of the texture mods POULTERBEAR and I have been working on lately. Seeing as I've finished all the 2016 uniform textures (that I'm currently aware of), I thought I'd finally get around to showing everyone how to use them.

For this you will need a copy of AFL Live installed on your PC, TexMod and all the texture files that I've put here.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not associated with TexMod in anyway and cannot guarantee that's it's 100% safe to use. However, from my experiences with it and what I've read online, I do believe that it is a safe program. I know some anti-virus software will either give you warnings about it or may even block it completely. This is because it changes the code of other programs, however it has to do that to swap the games textures. If you have any doubts, feel free to research it for yourself.

1. Download TexMod. The link I got it from is here which is TexMod v0.9.
  2. Get the texture files found here.
    Download the 3 zip files (on the left side)
    GoogleDriveLink.jpg
    Then go into the Logs folder and download all of the files from there.
    GoogleDriveLink2.jpg
    Extract the zip files and place all the files in a folder of your choice. For my example I've made a folder called "AFLLiveTextures" on my desktop.
    FolderExample.jpg
    (You can leave the files organised in their folders if you like but it will make the next step a bit more annoying)
  3. Open "2016GuernseyUpdate.log" in notebook and go to "Edit" and "Replace"
    LogExample2.jpg
    In the "Find what:" section, add INSERTPATHHERE
    In the "Replace with:" section, add your folders address (Make sure the address you've added starts with a "C:\" and ends without a forward slash) and click "Replace All" and save the file.
    AddressExample.jpg LogExample3.jpg LogExample4.jpg
    The last image above is you should end up with. Make sure that you've done this correctly or it won't work.
  4. Open TexMod (If you're having issues opening it, I'll explain how to fix them in the next post).
    Click on the folder icon under "Target Application" and find AFL Live which should be called "afl.exe".
    TexModExample2.jpg
    Click on the "Package Build" tab on the right. Click on the folder icon for the "Destination File" and find the "2016GuernseyUpdate.log" you saved in step 3. Press "Build" and it will ask you to save a .tpf file. I've saved it as "2016Update" in the same folder but you can name it whatever you like.
    TexModExample3.jpg It should say "Success! 152 Textures added.". If it says "Build Status: Invalid Definitions." that most likely means that your log file has typos in the addresses.
  5. Go back to the "Package Mode" tab. Click the small folder icon in the middle, select the .tpf file that you just made. Click on it in the "Package Name" section and press "Run".
    TexModExample4.jpg
If everything has gone smoothly your game should run and the title screen should feature updated Carlton, Fremantle, Melbourne and Western Bulldogs logos.
I only covered 1 of the log files in these instructions but they all use the exact same method. The different log files will use different guernseys, as there is a limit of 4-2 guernseys a team can have at once and I also don't currently have a way of changing the colours of the guernsey numbers.

If need any help or have any suggestions, let me know. Particularly suggestions in terms of modding would be appreciated as I'm still very new to it and mostly self taught.

Open TexMod (If you're having issues opening it, I'll explain how to fix them in the next post).
A lot of people, including myself have had issues opening TexMod. Even now, I still have to right click it and press "Run as Administrator" every time that I want to open it.
You may also have to change the programs permissions by right-clicking the exe, going to properties, clicking on the security tab and editing the permissions to give it "full control". You may need to do this for both the exe file and the folder it's in.
TexModSecurity.jpg
Also, as I said before, TexMod may be blocked by your anti-virus software, if so you will need to unblock it.

Great work, Lee. Will there be a PS3 one? I've noticed a lot more PC mods available than other consoles :/
I haven't really looked into it but I would like to. Particularly as my PS3 version has updated lists and my PC version doesn't.

Should chuck on FJGD designs
I made a post on the Q&A thread. I might make a thread about it if people are interested and want to contribute.

LeeARM you are a gun. That retro folder is amazing. I just wish there was a way to expand the number of guernseys in game at one time.
Thanks. The main reason I made this was because I was disappointed by the heritage jumpers options in the game.
I'd love to have all of them in the game at once but sadly have no idea how to do so. For now, the next best thing is to edit your log files to include the guernseys you want to use before you play.

Do we know if it's possible to make the game show the modded guernseys on the guernsey select screen?
That's my next step
PreviewTest4.jpg
It involves taking screenshots of every jumper in Footy Factory though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks. The main reason I made this was because I was disappointed by the heritage jumpers options in the game.
I'd love to have all of them in the game at once but sadly have no idea how to do so. For now, the next best thing is to edit your log files to include the guernseys you want to use before you play.

Yeah that's what I've been doing. Picking my favourites and editing them in. I'd always wanted to play as the swooping crow (08/09 Adelaide Away), was great to see it in full flight in game.

I've made a few changes since the OP which aren't in the zip files.
Fremantle Home (the ISC patch wasn't flipped properly)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byr6r2-F1o2mcDI4ek1WeHRjRTQ/view?usp=sharing
Essendon Alt (the yellow armband was on the wrong side for the Clash for Cancer jumper)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byr6r2-F1o2mNmFVME1mNnZDWTQ/view?usp=sharing
Adelaide 2015 Clash has been added. (thanks to BigAnton and Mero)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byr6r2-F1o2mZTNTYlZLNTE3b2s/view?usp=sharing

I also failed to mention the Concept Folder which contains some of my ideas along with a few ideas that are regularly suggested on the BF Graphic Design Board. I haven't made a log for these though so they need to be added in manually.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Byr6r2-F1o2mM2hDczFNbVVpMTA&usp=sharing

BLvsNMconcept2.jpg
ESSRunoutConcept2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I've been doing. Picking my favourites and editing them in. I'd always wanted to play as the swooping crow (08/09 Adelaide Away), was great to see it in full flight in game.
It was actually one of the first ones I made.

Gave it a go.

T2DaknD.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back