Game Day AFL National Draft night #1 - Currently hold pick 16. Monday November 28th. Coverage @ 7pm via Fox Footy, Kayo + AFL App

Remove this Banner Ad

The other clubs are the bitches, that should be obvious! :D
But why use that particular term?That was entirely your's & your-exclusively subjective interpretation. I did not chose to use it. Maybe you could have used equally appropriate collective nowns such as the N-word or the Disabled references now in vogue. More to come. But be careful when you assume uniformity by participants across all posters on this site in relation to your choice of vocabulary & what you are trying to say.

Given it's probably worth using our pick 47 if we have our eyes on Lemmey, hoping we can trade out a second round this year and get back into the second round next year. Who's the best candidate?

Would Adelaide want to get back into the second round? Pick 30 for their future second tied to Adel/NM? They owe us for for giving them a future 3rd for Frampton.

Can hopefully then pick up a Barnett/Hayes with our second rounder and Lemmey with pick 47.
:p
:p

No pal. I do drink! I am totally serious & comments like your's as a moderator should disenfranchise you from that position going forward. I do now many of my female Collingood supporting fans - and after 68 years following the Club I do know quite a few female Magpire supporters across all backgrounds, careers & demographics & diverse family roles - are less than mpressed with such "humorous" attempts "full of wit" & "nuance" & "tasteful humour" when all areas of the Club should be "DOING BETTER" Perhaps you should worked on your comedy routines & one liners down at the local pub so as to life your game, mate. Rather than attack the messengers by implying I have an alcohol problem. A classy response, I totally think not!
Hey mate, the term used is in reference to a male who is in Prison who others choose to standover and intimidate. Also not a laughing matter but most people seem to understand the reference

I’m not sure we need tweets shared from complete randoms that can’t spell the word son correctly…
Or use the right you’re. Absolute stereotype of an uneducated pies supporter ffs…

But why use that particular term?That was entirely your's & your-exclusively subjective interpretation. I did not chose to use it. Maybe you could have used equally appropriate collective nowns such as the N-word or the Disabled references now in vogue.
Because I was trying to convey deep animosity toward any rival clubs who might draft the players I’m keen on, and I didn’t want to resort to the c-word.

I never use the n-word under any circumstances, and labelling football clubs as disabled is not only reprehensible but also makes absolutely no sense in context.

So yes, I chose a word which applies to my labrador, but can be equally misapplied as a slur to both males and females, and in this case a number of sporting organizations. Somehow you consider this discriminatory.

In the interest of doing better, I’m willing to listen to any coherent recommendations you may have regarding my posting on this site, but perhaps convey them via the mods or a PM as it’s off-topic and derails the thread.

I'd be melting if Weddle was there and we passed him for some spud. But I can't melt when Hawthorn traded (a fair bit, mind you) to get him ahead of us.
We couldn't lose once both of Weddle & Allan were left on the board. GWS were super p#ssed to have to use live pick 17 on Rowston.
Sydney did us a solid

Last edited:
No pal. I do drink! I am totally serious & comments like your's as a moderator should disenfranchise you from that position going forward. I do now many of my female Collingood supporting fans - and after 68 years following the Club I do know quite a few female Magpire supporters across all backgrounds, careers & demographics & diverse family roles - are less than mpressed with such "humorous" attempts "full of wit" & "nuance" & "tasteful humour" when all areas of the Club should be "DOING BETTER" Perhaps you should worked on your comedy routines & one liners down at the local pub so as to life your game, mate. Rather than attack the messengers by implying I have an alcohol problem. A classy response, I totally think not!
Woke up with a hangover I see and it must be a ripper now you have me pegged as a moderator.

I recommend that you take some Bex from your medicine cabinet and have a good little lie down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I know picks will be traded and bids will come etc but the reality is we can have 2 of these 9 players if we want them... With what will be maybe picks 29 & 31

#15 Olli Hotton
#16 Lewis Hayes
#18 Brayden George
#21 Lachlan Cowan
#22 Henry Hustwaite
#24 Harry Barnett
#25 Coby Burgiel
#27 Mitch Szybkowski
#28 Isaac Keeler

With night 1 of the draft done, the Henry trade is playing out well. In addition to Mitchell, it got us pick (currently) 28 and let us keep pick (currently 30).

Its a great part of the draft to have two selections in. There are still enough great prospects left, so no concerns about not having anyone left on our board available at those picks. Or if there isn't a team might overpay us a future 2nd and late 2nd rounder in this draft.

I hope we've at least offered GWS something, such as 28, 30 and 47 for 22, 34 and 51.

Much more likely to get a hit with 22 than 28.

Hine probably takes Hotton with 22, and I doubt he'd still be around at 28.
Would be great but not sure what would drive GWS to do that deal

But why use that particular term?That was entirely your's & your-exclusively subjective interpretation. I did not chose to use it. Maybe you could have used equally appropriate collective nowns such as the N-word or the Disabled references now in vogue. More to come. But be careful when you assume uniformity by participants across all posters on this site in relation to your choice of vocabulary & what you are trying to say.

you're assuming TRS isn't calling them (female) dogs.

The level of offensive abuse, directed at; umpires, journalists and the opposition players and supporters is beyond the pale. It is not witty and certainly not aggressive in any masculine sense.

So I know picks will be traded and bids will come etc but the reality is we can have 2 of these 9 players if we want them... With what will be maybe picks 29 & 31

#15 Olli Hotton
#16 Lewis Hayes
#18 Brayden George
#21 Lachlan Cowan
#22 Henry Hustwaite
#24 Harry Barnett
#25 Coby Burgiel
#27 Mitch Szybkowski
#28 Isaac Keeler

Charlie Clarke? I mean I think the bulldogs will take him before us… but if he’s there he’s worth considering

Same too Gruzewski…

Woke up with a hangover I see and it must be a ripper now you have me pegged as a moderator.

I recommend that you take some Bex from your medicine cabinet and have a good little lie down.
Congratulations on your promotion!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back