Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
AFL Round1-01.png

Which game are you looking forward to the most?
Which player are you most looking forward to watching?
Which team needs to show the most?
Which player needs to show the most?
What will be Monday's headline?

*Any other questions worth asking? Add them at your leisure*

Last edited:
View attachment 638718

Which game are you looking forward to the most?
Which player are you most looking forward to watching?
Which team needs to show the most?
Which player needs to show the most?
What will be Monday's headline?

*Any other questions worth asking? Add them at your leisure*
Carlton-Richmond would be a snore, once again, if it wasn't for it being the opening game. Let's see how many Brownlows Walsh gets in his first game.
Collingwood-Geelong might be Game of the Round just for being the only match-up of 2 2018 finalists playing each other, hopefully it delivers.
Adelaide-Hawthorn may also be Game of the Round simply for what it could deliver. Adelaide could start their campaign here or Hawthorn could, once again, surprise everyone by winning in enemy territory. Hawthorn, from 2 games, has never beaten Adelaide in the first round (1991 and 2011).
Footscray-Sydney is a skip. Brisbane-West Coast has always been a good contest and it's unfortunate that FTA Vics can't watch the game. Good time to fire up Apple TV.
St. Kilda-Gold Coast is another skip, but would still rather watch it over the Thor game.
GWS-Essendon is another Game of the Round possiblitiy based on what it could deliver, especially seeing as Essendon is becoming the place where the good Giants end up going.
Fremantle-North is...there. It'll be close, it'll be better than the Robot Uterus game, but it's not really exciting.

The player I'm looking forward to watching is playing Melbourne so hopefully Xavier Duursma survives to see Carlton in Round 2

P.S. TheCount, you might wanna fix those Sunday times.

Great montage from Fox by Jack Riewoldt.

"I've got a new mate from the Gold Coast [cuts to Lynch highlight]...the Dees jagged his co-captain [cuts to May]...and the Dockers, they finally got their big man [cuts to Lobb]" :joycat:

"I've got a new mate from the Gold Coast [cuts to Lynch highlight]...the Dees jagged his co-captain [cuts to May]...and the Dockers, they finally got their big man [cuts to Lobb]" :joycat:
Bahaha, I left the room just as he was talking about his new mate, and now I'm devastated I did. Some last minute editing there, I'll bet they're glad they never mentioned any names.

I was thinking, "Did Jesse get plastic surgery over the off-season? He really has gone off the deep-end."

Ergh, the fawning over Walsh is going to be insufferable isn't it. Hah! and as I was typing they even replayed it, cooing over what was really a pretty regulation kick.

He’s gonna be a hell of a player, but he’s had four touches and three clangers.

‘Gee he looks like he’s been there for years’

He’s gonna be a hell of a player, but he’s had four touches and three clangers.

‘Gee he looks like he’s been there for years’
Yeah absolutely agree, the kid has it, it's clear as day already, but while the 4 disposals is good, what he's done with them is nothing to be carried away with.

Haha, oh Carlton ... and they didn't even get to ride the wave success of their 5 goal opening qrt before being smacked down to where they belong like last year.

Can already hear the callers on SEN - "We were playing a Top 4 team, I'm still confident in our season"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like ACL territory for Rance that. Initially in a lot of pain before he slowly jogs off ... it's got all the hallmarks. Tho to be fair, he might've just been trying to get a free kick and going really over the top with it.

Walsh's DE is about 52% which is hella bad, but bloody hell he looks like a natural runner/accumulator.
The worst thing is, the fact that he doesn't do anything with his disposals will be completely irrelevant when it comes to the media ... the Adam Treloar Rule, if you will.

The worst thing is, the fact that he doesn't do anything with his disposals will be completely irrelevant when it comes to the media ... the Adam Treloar Rule, if you will.
He will get there though. Adjusting to the pace of AFL yada yada. I strongly suspect he can play

He will get there though. Adjusting to the pace of AFL yada yada. I strongly suspect he can play
It does look that way. I think he was supposed to be a good user in the TAC Cup, so it's likely as you say, just taking some time to adjust to the speed and pressure, rather than being a Toump who was a good user at pre-draft, but was never able to control his bowels when under pressure

Also it needs to be said, and certainly to old mate who thought Melbourne would rather having him than Oliver, but Charlie Curnow has been heads and shoulders the worst on tonight. Just took his first mark of the night a few mins ago uncontested on the wing.

It does look that way. I think he was supposed to be a good user in the TAC Cup, so it's likely as you say, just taking some time to adjust to the speed and pressure, rather than being a Toump who was a good user at pre-draft, but was never able to control his bowels when under pressure
Toump was something else again. Still no idea whether it was poor drafting or his hip injury, but all time terrible top four recruit he has covered. Hats off to him because that is a win of sorts.

Haha, different colours, same Mav Weller ... bloke is the living embodiment of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Lucky kick off the ground there. He really is an ordinary player isn't he! Im amazed three clubs have invested in him. He's a horrible kick and decision maker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back