Opinion AFL Round 23 - Liked, Learnt, Hated: Meltdown Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked: West Coasts win, just a tough underdog win.
Learnt: Top 8 is set, can't see the Dogs pushing the Giants out with their current form.
Hated: Jack Ziebell getting bashed, nicest bloke and i hope the cretins who did it get some poetic justice.

Liked: The Giants job on Essendon was just something to behold
Learnt: I think only one game in my lifetime (that I know of) has ever had the result changed, and that's probably the only one I'll ever see
Hated: Ziebell incident

Liked: Essendon setting a challenge for themselves, by now requiring a win of a million points over a Pies outfit looking for a return to form, plus a lottery's worth of other results falling into place to scrape into the finals and be eliminated. Ahh, not gonna happen, no more stress this year.
GWS' trolling then following it up with a whoomping is A+.

Hated: The Crows being screwed, Essendon not showing ticker.

Learnt: Not capable of learning, so zilch.

Learnt: The AFL needs a challenge system where clubs can force a review of an umpire’s decision. Maybe have 1 challenge per game or 1 per half/quarter or something like that.

If this was in place this season, then Adelaide would’ve been able to use their challenge to force an immediate review of the goal umpire’s call.

Most decisions get reviewed anyway so clubs probably don’t need to use it that much, but there are some exceptional circumstances where they can use it. This game’s a big example.

Liked: basically everything
Learnt: if you leave at half time the tram is a lot less packed
Hated: again I can think of nothing that dramatic that happened this week

Liked: Collingwood getting beaten
Hated: the umpiring
Learned: ow two sphell

Learnt/Knew: Sydney are the AFLs love child. They always seem to be on the right side of contentious decisions. Rampe climbing the goal post. Not being pinged 50m last year against the Tigers after the siren which would've tied the game ("common sense"). Adelaide non-goal review.

Learnt/Knew: Sydney are the AFLs love child. They always seem to be on the right side of contentious decisions. Rampe climbing the goal post. Not being pinged 50m last year against the Tigers after the siren which would've tied the game ("common sense"). Adelaide non-goal review.
Two year trade ban because, well, simply because the AFL felt like it apparently….

Yep, total love child.

Liked: WC beating dogs, wow
Learned: Bombers are in more trouble than I knew
Hated: Bizarre hysteria like this:

Liked: Absolutely nothing.

Hated: The AFL has lost the plot and should've overturned the Crows V Swans result. They do all these wonderful things like the Gather round, Indigenous round, Pink Lady round etc, but when it comes to something like the integrity of its own competition it fails miserably.
* This was the worst decision in AFL history, yet footy fans are just shrugging their shoulders. Bizarre.

Just crazy to me the response to a bad call that cost a goal.

New flash, bad calls that cost a goal happen in every game every week, including 5 minutes before when Dawson gets a free kick after an obvious holding the ball that is scored from, or the swans don’t get a shot in front of goal after an obvious throw etc etc.

People’s minds are so simple, that if it happens when the game is close and at the end, it is somehow completely different and games should be replayed and points removed and the draft changed, and people thrown in gaol, etc etc.

Completely weird.

The off season can’t come soon enough for some.

Liked - sending off 2 legends of the club in style, club did such a great job in the way they did it.

Learned - apparently the crows are the first team dudded by an afl goal scoring blunder.

Hated - Dimma talking about his new toys, surely he could have waited until the home and away season was over before parading around in his new polo.

Liked: Geelong out of the Finals.
Essendon getting hammered.

Learnt: instead of worrying about politics and social justice issues worrying about score review system.

Hated: Review System and nothing good happens after midnight.
Also no mention of Dylan Moore's non goal review on Sunday.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Liked: WC beating dogs, wow
Learned: Bombers are in more trouble than I knew
Hated: Bizarre hysteria like this:

Just crazy to me the response to a bad call that cost a goal.

New flash, bad calls that cost a goal happen in every game every week, including 5 minutes before when Dawson gets a free kick after an obvious holding the ball that is scored from, or the swans don’t get a shot in front of goal after an obvious throw etc etc.

People’s minds are so simple, that if it happens when the game is close and at the end, it is somehow completely different and games should be replayed and points removed and the draft changed, and people thrown in gaol, etc etc.

Completely weird.

The off season can’t come soon enough for some.
Didn’t happen to your team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back