AFL Round 7 - Non-MFC Games Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think anyone is writing off Pickett, people just saying he's not special. Hasn't done anything remarkable so far. What's the big deal? Do we have to praise someone for every handball and kick now? What's wrong with objectively looking at someone on our list and they aren't special? Can't your precious hearts take it?

Agree that using such a high pick on a small forward is risky, I was hoping last trade period we'd go after Butler (for example) because I think he would have filled an immediate need cheaply.

Maybe it was hyperbolic to say people are writing him off, but I think it's a bit too early to judge if he will be an elite small forward or not. I think he has shown he has the tools to become one, but isn't putting it together for full games at the moment. Fair enough if you disagree.

Pickett looks dangerous every time he's near the ball. He's clean and smart with his ball use and applies good pressure. Kid has been thrown into arguably the toughest position on the ground to impact from, proven he's more capable than anyone on our list at playing there, and we're writing him off after 4-5 games? Never change bigfooty
I agree. I like him a lot. He has some elements of toughness that you don’t always get with even the best of your small forwards. He’s also only played a couple of games but I swear I can kind of see the things that got selectors excited. He has a buzz about him, he makes things happen, he’s got natural footy instincts that can’t be taught. Also I reckon there is a bit of him that’s like a short, compressed vdB - it won’t be long before opposition defenders will be going “oh God, not this prick again” and that’s a good thing

Pickett looks dangerous every time he's near the ball. He's clean and smart with his ball use and applies good pressure. Kid has been thrown into arguably the toughest position on the ground to impact from, proven he's more capable than anyone on our list at playing there, and we're writing him off after 4-5 games? Never change bigfooty
This board has been disastrous this season, this Pickett-angst based off a Weightman goal is just another example.

Pickett has a great boot, tackles hard, jumps high, applies a lot of pressure. He's not dominating because he's 18 years old and lest we forget our famous forward entries.

This board has been disastrous this season, this Pickett-angst based off a Weightman goal is just another example.

Pickett has a great boot, tackles hard, jumps high, applies a lot of pressure. He's not dominating because he's 18 years old and lest we forget our famous forward entries.

Has his pressure been that good really? I agree with PG that he does hit hard and that is great to see, but in terms of running players down, I havent seen anything from him so far that suggests he's defensively fantastic, gives away a lot of late and stupid frees when trying to apply pressure tho.

You do make sense in terms of our F50 entries, a few people, myslf included, probably need to give him a break about his impact in terms of roving off packs in that regard, pretty hard to find space when we have 75 people in our F50.

His slap on to Fritsch last week off the pack was great to see, probably his biggest highlight in terms of doing what we are paying him to do so far imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes unbelievable. Probably the most watchable player in the entire league already.
What im loving about him is he's been caught probably 4 times already in his first 2 games HTB going for a goal. Love it. * this percentages bullshit play the game son. He's a freak already

What im loving about him is he's been caught probably 4 times already in his first 2 games HTB going for a goal. Love it. fu** this percentages bullshit play the game son. He's a freak already

I love his mouth. He's cocky as hell. Great for the game.

ALICE HUB NOW

Also, i've tipped the Saints and if they get up i'm 9/9 for this week. HOWEVER, i'm equally keen to watch them fold on a Monday night to the winless Crows. How good is watching the Saints lose?

My wallet would like to see the Saints wins the flag.

Plus I hate the crows, their supporters are insufferable, keep em down and teach them some humility. They need it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back