AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know you are like that.

Sensible? Thank you.

Next time you buy anything I wonder if you'll take a moment to feel sorry for the person stuck in traffic who might miss out because they didn't leave home on time.

Disgrace if true

There is no "if true" about it. Whoever approved guest pass availability for this match should be fired on the spot.

Anyone know what the ticketek "best available" actually means? Do they sell one bay at a time or something? Because I rejected restricted viewing tickets in a row P and then went again and got better tickets in row H for the next bay over (closer to the wing, same level). What the hell is the system they use, how come I wasn't offered those tickets originally instead of restricted viewing? Trying to work it out for future reference as to whether its worth rejecting tickets and going over.

Anyone know what the ticketek "best available" actually means? Do they sell one bay at a time or something? Because I rejected restricted viewing tickets in a row P and then went again and got better tickets in row H for the next bay over (closer to the wing, same level). What the hell is the system they use, how come I wasn't offered those tickets originally instead of restricted viewing? Trying to work it out for future reference as to whether its worth rejecting tickets and going over.
Someone else was also fishing for better tickets and had the Row H ones when you first looked?

Gold club support. Then open slather from there. Selling guest passes to this match is purely profiteering from AFLHQ

They’ve been caught off guard here. I don’t really recall a semi final response like this. I think it’s a huge Carlton bandwagon impact after being in their first finals for so long (that’s not a shot at Carlton, the bandwagon affect exists for all clubs and would be the same).

cant seem to get any more tickets. I am on

I got offered to work Friday night so I better try and get my Carlton supporting wife a ticket or she will crack it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ve been caught off guard here.
You are giving them too much leeway. Last week they had 2 guest passes for the Carlton Sydney game and it sold out pretty fast. I would have thought adding a Melbourne team would mean it woukd easily sell out without guest passes. At the very least, don't allow guest passes until a later time.
Also guest passes are the easiest to scalp. It is about time the AFL cracked down on scalping. I don't know why they are not interested. It would alleviate the problem of ticket shortages and/or move us up the waitlist faster.

The cynic in me thinks they are trying to offer guest passes/cheap AFL memberships etc as a way to sell becoming a Silver member to those who are not.

It's getting more diluted every year.

It should be (For a game like Friday):

Gold Club Support
Gold Non-Club Support
Silver Club Support
Silver Non-Club Support
No Bronze Access. You have your 10 games per year.
No 3 Game AFL Memberships/The like

Gold Club Support. Not silver.
I think all, makes it hard for families. Gold club support get first crack for GF but can see the merit in all club support for other finals. Might stop people sharing barcodes too with friends/family who support the teams playing (ie AFL members who don't want to go giving their barcodes to their Melbourne/Carlton supporter mates).

As a supporter of neither side, I obviously don't really care that much that I didn't get tickets but I do feel for Carlton and Melb AFL members who missed out. I do agree/think that there needs to be a better system when it comes to these high demand AFL final matches.
At least have a priority sale for at least Gold Club supporting members before opening it up to the rest (Gold non support, both types of silver etc)

They sell a bay at a time - so M16, then M17 then M18 etc. If you jump on straight away you'll be offered M16 row A, then row B then row C etc
If you want M19 row X for example you just have to pray you're in at exactly the right time.

Gold Club Support
Gold Non-Club Support
Silver Club Support
Silver Non-Club Support
No Bronze Access. You have your 10 games per year.
No 3 Game AFL Memberships/The like
I could accept the first one, Gold club of support. But that is it. As a silver, I am paying more than a club membership for the option of finals. I'd potentially get nothing for that extra money when my team is average. Gold already get prelims and Grand Finals ahead of me.

I could accept the first one, Gold club of support. But that is it. As a silver, I am paying more than a club membership for the option of finals. I'd potentially get nothing for that extra money when my team is average. Gold already get prelims and Grand Finals ahead of me.

There are not enough gold members imo to take tickets.

This way, all Gold and most club support silver would get a good crack at it.

I believe best available is level 2 first, then level 2a and level1 undercover (can't remember which order those 2 go), then level 4 front, level 4 middle, level 4 back, restricted view, standing. It will sell all of one category before moving on to the next.

Within each category it releases one bay at a time starting at the M16 end of the reserve and goes from front to back of that category. For example level1 open it starts at M16 Row A then goes to row Z then starts on M17 row A etc.

When it offered you restricted view it is likely those better tickets in row H were in someone else's basket but for whatever reason they did not complete the transaction and they became available. If I get offered seats I don't like say in M16 or M17 right at the front then I will reject them and try again hoping for something further back. But if it's up to M25 or M26 then I tend to accept it otherwise I will likely end up on level 4 next attempt. So rejecting restricted view seats is a bit of a gamble, you could end up with better or none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back