Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

Colin, isn’t that an organ that dispenses sh*t? fu** me what a peanut, a deal that satisfies all parties. What was your deal Colin? What was it that was going to satisfy Freo? A future second? Really? I’m glad we value our players more highly than you, and as for Lobb let’s see what plays out, his GF or 700k a year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Doesn’t a good manager know that the teams could do a possible trade before asking for a trade?

Total knob.

What?

2019 is arguably his best year, 2016 the other one

2016, 2019 and 2021 are definitely his top 3 years...
Sorry yes agreed on 2019( his first year with us ) thought it was 2018
Disagree with this year 2021 , think he has been very average.

the point wasn’t about particulars , it was about him at his best or close to being more valuable than losing him right now .

Doesn’t a good manager know that the teams could do a possible trade before asking for a trade?

Total knob.

Absolute smart arse.

Thought he could set fire to the relationship and that would force us to take unders.

Go get Schwabbed - very proud of the club for not taking the s**t on offer.

Once more ...suck s**t Young.

We could still get 2 forwards and they will take a couple of years .

Pick 6 - Erasmus / Rachelle
Pick 8 - Amiss
Pick 19 - Van Rooyen ( other Talls/ Forwards )

So come 2024 we have
Rachelle/Henry Tabs Schultz/Switta
Amiss Treacy JVR/ Sturt

Tabs will be pretty much cooked by then but may have a year or 2 left in him

Hopefully one of the other boys could step into his place
If we are serious contenders we throw $$$ at a big fish trade to replace him .
The wheels are there if we finish off trade week with a cupola good lead up forwards .
I reakon your spot on
Pick 6 - Erasmus
Pick 8 - Amiss
Pick 19 - Van Rooyen (or Williams)

Pick 19 on the 2nd night of draft night is worth a future 1st. Clubs will be desperate when they see a huge slider. Managers over night will be calling GMs/List Managers to pitch their players.

Pick 19 is worth more than 18, maybe even 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It'd be nice to see this motivate Lobb into improving his game and becoming the 2nd tall we need him to be, but I doubt it.
My mate who is friends with Cogs brother spoke with Cogs.

Cogs was worried that Lobb would be lazy at Fremantle.

Interesting, the club told Lobb to pull his finger out and then he asks for a trade.

Motivation comes from the inside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS to come round and cave with pick 13.

Hear me out.

They show interest in both Wingard and Lobb.

Colin says on Sunday it's off.

Wingard on Monday says i don't want to go to GWS..

Wait for late Tuesday or early Wednesday. Talks will open again and we could land pick 13.

GWS to come round and cave with pick 13.

Hear me out.

They show interest in both Wingard and Lobb.

Colin says on Sunday it's off.

Wingard on Monday says i don't want to go to GWS..

Wait for late Tuesday or early Wednesday. Talks will open again and we could land pick 13.
Yep. If the phone rings saying (GWS) then the Giants are going to cop a hit on the chin to get what they really need.

If GWS put the offer to Freo then we counter with paying some salary, #8 for pick #2.

sh*t that worries me, are they going to split one of our two top 10 picks :worried:

Not a chance...will be something else with 22...F?

Wish we'd walk but we've obviously committed

Yep. If the phone rings saying (GWS) then the Giants are going to cop a hit on the chin to get what they really need.

If GWS put the offer to Freo then we counter with paying some salary, #8 for pick #2.

I think Col and Freo have put the ball in their court.

Might be a case of renegotiating Lobb to 4 years on 500k which gives his camp a tick. Then 13 to us which we'll accept.

If GWS put 13 on the table ....we counter offer by saying thank you very much, we'll miss Rory very much....oh and thank you...very much.

I just can't get on board with 8 -> 2 being a good thing. For mine 6, 8, 13 & 19 is better than 2, 6 & 19.

If GWS put 13 on the table ....we counter offer by saying thank you very much, we'll miss Rory very much....oh and thank you...very much.

If they don't land a big name i reckon it's still on.

Difference between Wingard and Lobb is one actually wants to come but wants a bit more $.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back