Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You're not Taylah though so who are you to question what she says about HER experiences and how they make her feel?

So if she feels she was raped...then we all have to expect that to be true and every negative commenter should be charged with rape

Maybe, maybe maybe you are a sexual deviant and should be thrown off this forum since you love AFLW I have challenge your motives.
Maybe you want to follow them to eventually get close enough to do sinister things
There you go. The real Masher is coming out. Your concern for women is touching.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

There you go. The real Masher is coming out. Your concern for women is touching.

So you can JUDGE men all the time but don't want to be held accountable
Exposing your hypocrisy how you throw out accusations against men and question their motives but you cant handle it when I challenge you

No wonder many are tired of the pc agenda

I'm not shooting the messenger. Just seems a way over the top reaction by connecting two things that have no relation to each other.
People make the Dusty comparison because it's easy, but its also false.

A better comparison is, a guy has a photo posted. The comments section fill up with posts from bikies about how they would like to smash his head in.

He then says, going to places that could have bikies makes him uncomfortable because maybe some of the posters are there. Wether you agree with his view, is it a reasonable view for him to take, given the association between bikies and violence.

The correlation between sexual assault in this country is with men. If the comments make her uncomfortable, and wary of men, what is she supposed to do?

I can try and avoid bikies, she cannot avoid men.

The sad thing is, the threat to her is just as real wether the comments are posted or not, but she should be able to play her footy without that thougt in the back of her head.

How about we talk about the footy instead of a male vs female pissing contest?

Would love to but its been hijacked by the media, AFL and other pc men who have a NEED to defend every minute criticism against AFLW

If they stuck to real abuse and the response was measured we wouldn't be having this discussion

Given its not what's said at the game that's the issue, not sure how that's relevant.

She said she doesn't feel safe in the workplace.

Her workplace is football ovals and Princes Park. So she is saying she is fearful in those places.

If she's feeling that way then what's being said/done at those places? Security can be beefed up.

The issue is, and always has been, men on occasion follow through with sexually aggressive comments. The posters posted like pervs, and if they are pervs, then maybe they're at the game. If she is interacting with the crowd and there is some men there, maybe one is a poster trying to check her out in person.

This can happen to any player. Seems people have short memories.

Eric Rundle was jailed for stalking AFL players and writing letter saying he was going to kill them.

Alex Rance was stalked.

Greg Stafford was stalked. Plenty more on that list.

The difference is these were real threats, not perceived ones.

Yet there's far more coverage of this than those cases ever got. Why?

Whatever was said about Dusty, he never interacted with the public worried that a woman from Instagram that posted about wanting to have his kids is going to follow him into the carpark and force him to impregnate her.

Male players are warned all the time to be careful when out as there's always plenty of thugs who will want to fight them or gold diggers after their $$.

Being well known sports people carries certain dangers. To say Harris has more to worry about than other footballers is a falsity.

A better comparison is, a guy has a photo posted. The comments section fill up with posts from bikies about how they would like to smash his head in.

He then says, going to places that could have bikies makes him uncomfortable because maybe some of the posters are there. Wether you agree with his view, is it a reasonable view for him to take, given the association between bikies and violence.

The correlation between sexual assault in this country is with men. If the comments make her uncomfortable, and wary of men, what is she supposed to do?

The sad thing is, the threat to her is just as real wether the comments are posted or not, but she should be able to play her footy without that thougt in the back of her head.

An interesting article from 2003

It's not going to have decreased since that was written given the rise of social media.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/pr...eats-harassment-lawsuits-20030503-gdgpa4.html

There used to be a time when women were considered fragile and the government restricted their freedom in order to protect them, then some brave feminists stood up and demanded equality and the freedom to choose their own risks. Now some modern women are spitting in the faces of the women who fought for their rights and have demanded a return to infantilisation.

Instead of a woman being free and choosing what comments she wants to read, the government is going to tell her what is acceptable for her to hear. It really is sad, hopefully it is only a minority of fragile women that want to give up their freedom for safe spaces.

You still havent shown any proof about the rape comments that's you made up for your argument.........

Guess you can't prove lies

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Freo beat us by three goals and Carlton beat us by three points, so applying the Bulldogs are the Centre of the Universe principle I'll say Dockers today by 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the Women's Footy & AFLW board, sudden influx of newcomers.

What are all your thoughts on Tayla's kicking in general play over the last two weeks compared to the rest of this season and the last few years? Here I am providing a great and easy opportunity to discuss da football for anybody who is totally way above paying attention to media beat-ups.
Thanks, but I'll decline your offer. I'll also say that I've lurked this board and been tempted to post, but recognise that I'm not a follower of the comp and that I don't think I should post if it was only going to be about controversial topics. I couldn't resist after this week.

You're also welcome to enter the motor board and discuss Valtteri Bottas' assertive win in the Australian Grand Prix last weekend. It was a real "statement performance" from him. He's also a guy who's copped more derision from people all over the world within each and every week of the past year than what Tayla has had to deal with this week.

I guess it's time to unwatch this thread, have a great time everyone owning the big bad alfw propaganda machine. You're doing great.

I dunno, Crows have the better side on paper, but Carlton should have won against them in Round 2, we just ran out of legs at the end and had a bad 4th quarter. We were also missing Tayla Harris and Bri Davey wasn't playing at 100% it being only her second game back from an ACL. We didn't have our best team playing like we have had the past few weeks.

We should put up a decent fight.

yet still lose convincingly.

If Carlton have improved since the early rounds, then Adelaide have done likewise and then some (a lot actually).

If Carlton can come within 3 goals of Adelaide, it will be a good effort.

I dunno, Crows have the better side on paper, but Carlton should have won against them in Round 2, we just ran out of legs at the end and had a bad 4th quarter. We were also missing Tayla Harris and Bri Davey wasn't playing at 100% it being only her second game back from an ACL. We didn't have our best team playing like we have had the past few weeks.

And every time it is brought up about that game with Carlton missing Harris, they forget that Randall also wasn't playing. Harris really struggles against Randall, so I call it a nil-all draw with both those players being out for each side. We also had Danielle Ponter playing her first game - as a defender, Maisie Nankiwell (a netballer) playing her first game looking a little lost, and Sarah Perkins playing her first game since her back injury just before Christmas (and was still quite hampered). Jenna McCormick was also playing W League at the time. Watching Adelaide it just seems we are able to break teams by the last quarter with the superior run and spread which other teams struggle in terms of overall fitness.

Interestingly, the majority of the Adelaide side have not played full VFLW or SANFLW seasons, except for Perkins. With those playing in the NT Thunder team, they were restricted in the number of games they could play and also restrictions on how many could be on the field at the same time. Marinoff didn't play at all - had time off to recover from a hip injury from last season, she now reports how fit she is this year. I think this has allowed Adelaide to be 'fresher'. Look at North and Geelong tiring over the past couple of weeks. A full season for the majority of those players in the VFLW, then a short break and then into pre-season again. It will be interesting to see if teams manage their players in the VFLW next season so they don't commit to a full season there.

Just wondering if there is any plan in place to charge people admission in the near future and if so would it be along the same lines as AFL prices?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back