Preview AFLW 2017 R3 - vs Brisbane (@ Brisbane) Game Day starts #20 ON NOW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right...under normal circumstances.

But Dane Swan didn't come into the AFL with a reputation already preceding him in the lower competition, wasn't hyped up as arguably the best player in the competition either.

Son of Billy Swan?

But Dane Swan didn't come into the AFL with a reputation already preceding him in the lower competition, wasn't hyped up as arguably the best player in the competition either.

Swan was seen as someone with not a Ton of Talent

Dane Swan also wasn't a full forward who received the leagues worst delivery.

She was picked to resonate with pies supporters as a D.Swan female lookalike minus the actual ability to perform like D.Swan (in a comparative AFLW way).

Not true, this happened only six months ago against the best women in the country ...

Not true, this happened only six months ago against the best women in the country ...

What's clear from that video is Hope isn't a contested marking player who can beat 2-3 opponents. Give her some space and quick footy and she's highly dangerous. The delivery doesn't even have to be perfect as she can turn her opponent around.

We've only came close to that once, which was in the first quarter against Melbourne and not surprisingly it was the best Hope has played. We need to be better at eliminating the 1 on 2-3 contests, which is obviously a clear tactic from our opposition as they know how dangerous Hope can be 1 on 1.

What's clear from that video is Hope isn't a contested marking player who can beat 2-3 opponents. Give her some space and quick footy and she's highly dangerous. The delivery doesn't even have to be perfect as she can turn her opponent around.

We've only came close to that once, which was in the first quarter against Melbourne and not surprisingly it was the best Hope has played. We need to be better at eliminating the 1 on 2-3 contests, which is obviously a clear tactic from our opposition as they know how dangerous Hope can be 1 on 1.
I know Sarah D'Arcy has been in sensational form up the ground but would it be worth playing her as the deepest forward?

She can take a strong mark and it could give Hope some one on ones. If Hope plays at CHF she might even take a couple of defenders with her leaving D'Arcy one out at FF. I don't want to disrupt Sarah's fantastic form but we need to do something to get the forward line firing.

Cameron is the other one I think we need to start using more.

I know Sarah D'Arcy has been in sensational form up the ground but would it be worth playing her as the deepest forward?

She can take a strong mark and it could give Hope some one on ones. If Hope plays at CHF she might even take a couple of defenders with her leaving D'Arcy one out at FF. I don't want to disrupt Sarah's fantastic form but we need to do something to get the forward line firing.

Cameron is the other one I think we need to start using more.
With Cameron, Hope, Garner and Bernardi we should be set up forward, however none are really capable of crunching packs. I don't think we have the midfield depth to play D'Arcy deeper in the forward line and I'd actually prefer to see her play more midfield. If Schleicher or Wotton stood up in the ruck King could play more forward, alternatively the other options are Stevens or Livingstone, which would rob our backline. Stevens would be my first pick, as we seen in the last couple of minutes of the Brisbane match she's capable of running straight at the footy and knocking players out of the way to mark the footy.

Against best women in Vic you mean, she has come back to the pack and struggling now there is more national competition...

The Crows have some real talent, ditto dogs and melb.

We look slow and unskilled in comparison.

Emma King (WA) was playing in that game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back