Autopsy Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, Friday, October 28 | 8.10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton‘s coach is the most unlikely to get re-appointed..
However, Collingwood‘s coach must be under enormous pressure to keep his job. Keeps under achieving with that team and falling away at the important end of the season each year.
Thoughts?

Pretty simple to analyse AFLW games. All the bullshit stats and game plans etc that the commentary and players interviewed like to spout is laughable.
Whichever team has the best disposal efficiency wins.
Sabrina Frederick having zero footy IQ doesn't help either.
Frederick is up there with the most selfish footballer I’ve ever seen regardless of gender

However, Collingwood‘s coach must be under enormous pressure to keep his job. Keeps under achieving with that team and falling away at the important end of the season each year.
Thoughts?

My thoughts would be that "you know nothing Jon Snow!" Try another way of getting a reaction ;)

We are really poor across the board this season. A bit of a head scratcher as to why we’ve gone so far backwards compared to the previous 2 seasons. Quite disappointing

Do you watch AFLW or do you just look at the scores??
Davey, Bonnici and Shleischer would have made us a whole lot more competitive tonight (and all season for the first two)
We haven't had our two BEST mids for two seasons now (due to them doing ACL's) the guys miss one year....that's been 2 seasons for these two girls.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? lol I dont think even your mother would bother responding...

Do you watch AFLW or do you just look at the scores??
Davey, Bonnici and Shleischer would have made us a whole lot more competitive tonight (and all season for the first two)
We haven't had our two BEST mids for two seasons now (due to them doing ACL's) the guys miss one year....that's been 2 seasons for these two girls.
Actually I do watch and I’m quite capable of making a skills assessment of the team, especially in comparison with what is apparent from opposition teams. We have a dysfunctional forward line, a struggling back line due to the sheer number of entries and agreed, an undermanned midfield. Having said that, 2 midfielders do not carry the whole team and that is not the substantive reason for our misfiring season and regression. The AFLW program really needs to have a good hard look at itself this off season and make some tough decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I do watch and I’m quite capable of making a skills assessment of the team, especially in comparison with what is apparent from opposition teams. We have a dysfunctional forward line, a struggling back line due to the sheer number of entries and agreed, an undermanned midfield. Having said that, 2 midfielders do not carry the whole team and that is not the substantive reason for our misfiring season and regression. The AFLW program really needs to have a good hard look at itself this off season and make some tough decisions.

thank god we're not one of the 12 or so teams under us on the ladder.... they must be in really bad shape..

So 16 a side (on the ground) and your 3 best players out (for the season last season....and best 2 out this year)
That's 20% of your side right there. Let's take say Moore, Daicos and DeGoey out of the men's team of 18.

Do you reckon they'd make finals? Both years??? And have supporters aiming criticism at them?
I reckon they've been amazing winning as many games as they have. (both years)

you're a carlton supporter? I would have thought you were used to failure....
Actually a Collingwood supporter, my partner is the Carlton supporter I’m using her account.. not that it matters because even though Carlton I’ve been s**t for 25 years I still remember us not winning a premiership for 32 years and I’ve seen us lose seven grand finals.
Anyhow that doesn’t change the fact that Frederick means that you’re playing with one short

So 16 a side (on the ground) and your 3 best players out (for the season last season....and best 2 out this year)
That's 20% of your side right there. Let's take say Moore, Daicos and DeGoey out of the men's team of 18.

Do you reckon they'd make finals? Both years??? And have supporters aiming criticism at them?
I reckon they've been amazing winning as many games as they have. (both years)

I think recruiting is a problem. They've picked some good players but they dont seem to have talls....which is something that happens a lot at collingwood. Some of the problem is the low number of picks for established teams....some of it due to teams like adelaide and bris getting access to youngsters and some of it is due to the picks tied up in the davies transfer...

Already have, champ.. my call is Symonds is under enormous pressure to keep his job. Keeps failing to deliver at the important end of the season. If our in straight sets, be hard to argue against.

And I'd counter by saying he's had a team handicapped by 3 very serious injuries to key players in a comp where "gun players" are even more influential than they are in the men's game. Having the AFL re-schedule season 7 into the second half of this year compounds the problem because it means Davey, Bonnici, and Brazzil all missed complete seasons or double seasons without having the chance to restructure or draft in replacements. Let Symmonds have a year with his guns and gameplan in place I say.

I think recruiting is a problem. They've picked some good players but they dont seem to have talls....which is something that happens a lot at collingwood. Some of the problem is the low number of picks for established teams....some of it due to teams like adelaide and bris getting access to youngsters and some of it is due to the picks tied up in the davies transfer...

True about the talls and the interstate sides having their academies and priority picks. Those Brissy talls are so athletic as well.

And I'd counter by saying he's had a team handicapped by 3 very serious injuries to key players in a comp where "gun players" are even more influential than they are in the men's game. Having the AFL re-schedule season 7 into the second half of this year compounds the problem because it means Davey, Bonnici, and Brazzil all missed complete seasons or double seasons without having the chance to restructure or draft in replacements. Let Symmonds have a year with his guns and gameplan in place I say.

its a fair comment. Davies is a force of nature when she's up and running...we should be grateful that she couldnt stand playing at carlton...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back