AFLW 2018 - go you Crow girls!

How excited are you to to follow the AFLW in 2018?

• Maximal anticipation, Can't bloody wait - back-to-back, yeah baby!

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Excited and eager to see the girls defend their title!

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Excited enough to see some footy action

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Neutral - likely will watch some games, not bothered if I have other things to do on the day

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Negative Nellie - just can't get any excitement, even if watching girls kicking some balls

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Strongly opposed to AFLW - bring back State of Origin instead..or AFLX..I only want to see men!

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2018/05/28/weekend-wash-up-vflw-round-4/

Transgender footballer Hannah Mouncey dominates with 5 goals in the VFLW.

Adelaide girls well represented for NT Thunder.

Melbourne University 3.1 (19) defeated by NT Thunder 13.10 (88)

By: Taylah Melki

The NT Thunder dominated from start to finish, applying plenty of pressure on Melbourne University. The Thunder lead at all the breaks and did not seem to take their foot off the pedal, sharing the goal-kicking duties between them and continuing their undefeated start to the season. Melbourne University struggled to combat the intense pressure and slick ball movement of the Thunder but had some moments of brilliance.

Marijana Rajcic starred for NT, slotting two majors for the game and racking up plenty of touches while Jordann Hickey bagged three goals to help the Thunder on their way. Chelsea Randall was at her devastating best, closely followed by the likes of teammates, Angela Foley, who was the leading disposal-getter with 24 possessions, Sarah Allan and Machaelia Roberts, who gathered plenty of touches and imposed themselves on the contest.

The following players have re-signed for season 2019:

Chelsea Randall
Jenna McCormick
Justine Mules
Rhiannon Metcalfe
Dayna Cox
Marijana Rajcic
Stevie-Lee Thompson
Angela Foley
Jasmyn Hewett

and of course

Erin Phillips
Ebony Marinoff

11 more players have been re-signed and we'll hear about that on Monday

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-06-01/key-crows-recommit

Traded Pick 19 for Forth and Pick 31
Had to read this twice :D

Clearly a Leader.

Forth worked closely with the GWS playing group as a development coach while completing her rehabilitation and played five games with the Giants in the second season of the competition.

The Western Australian captained Fremantle in the 2016 women's AFL exhibition series. She also led the Coastal Titans in the WA Women's Football League where she was part of the Club’s 2012 and 2015 premiership sides.

Forth is currently living in Darwin where she has been training and playing as part of the Northern Territory Thunder’s VFLW side.

Obviously we see a role for Forth, but she didn't exactly set the world on fire this year. Five matches for a total of 28 possessions.

Mind you, the draft pick number is essentially meaningless for us since nobody else can draft players who nominate for SA. So I guess we're effectively just getting a player for free. Or is that not the system anymore? For that matter, GWS has sole access to their pool of players too, right?

We've resigned Courtney Gum I see. With a husband and child in Adelaide it surprises me you guys haven't shown interest. You would have the inside running.
I guess it must be that she's 35 but in the womens age is a bit different I think. Unlike the mens they haven't had the stress on the bodies 9f being in the AFL system from the age of 18.

Obviously we see a role for Forth, but she didn't exactly set the world on fire this year. Five matches for a total of 28 possessions.

Mind you, the draft pick number is essentially meaningless for us since nobody else can draft players who nominate for SA. So I guess we're effectively just getting a player for free. Or is that not the system anymore? For that matter, GWS has sole access to their pool of players too, right?
Forth never hit her straps after coming back from her ACL. If you get the player she could be, you got a steal.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've resigned Courtney Gum I see. With a husband and child in Adelaide it surprises me you guys haven't shown interest. You would have the inside running.
I guess it must be that she's 35 but in the womens age is a bit different I think. Unlike the mens they haven't had the stress on the bodies 9f being in the AFL system from the age of 18.

Ahhhh

After watching some of the stream of the NT Thunder, I marvel at how good they are and the additional benefits to evaluate talent to recruit. 12 months ago Hewett was unknown and about to find her feet. Nothing until the combine compare that to this year with Hickey.

Link was broken so not sure what it says. I was going from a video of Courtney that showed the family home including husband and child.
Then I realised how silly it was to get involved in the discussion about sexual preference at all, I really dont care.

Link was broken so not sure what it says. I was going from a video of Courtney that showed the family home including husband and child.
Then I realised how silly it was to get involved in the discussion about sexual preference at all, I really dont care.
The link says it’s Courtney and Krissies child.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-06-04/aflw-crows-retain-talent

The 11 additional players re-signed are Courtney Cramey, Sarah Perkins, Sarah Allan, Jess Allan, Deni Varnhagen, Jess Sedunary, Sally Riley, Rheanne Lugg, Eloise Jones, Ruth Wallace and Anne Hatchard.

Some pretty good names in that list :thumbsu: Sarah Allen was great this year, and obviously Jones and Wallace were strong performers in their first years. Cramey is a star. Thought Varnhagen had a good year, too. Sedunary can be frustrating but at her best is very useful.

Hopefully Perkins can get back to her 2017 form, and Hatchard, Jess Allen, Riley and Lugg are all good role players.

In other news, we've lost Talia Radan to Melbourne. Not a huge loss. The players out from last year's squad are:

Talia Radan, Georgia Bevan, Abbey Holmes, Rachael Killian, Sophie Armitstead, Becchara Palmer, Brianna Walling, Calista Boyd.

Back