AFLW 2018 - go you Crow girls!

How excited are you to to follow the AFLW in 2018?

• Maximal anticipation, Can't bloody wait - back-to-back, yeah baby!

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Excited and eager to see the girls defend their title!

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Excited enough to see some footy action

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Neutral - likely will watch some games, not bothered if I have other things to do on the day

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Negative Nellie - just can't get any excitement, even if watching girls kicking some balls

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Strongly opposed to AFLW - bring back State of Origin instead..or AFLX..I only want to see men!

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don’t like it, why comment? That’s what wrong with this world today. You (Not you specifically)don’t like it, you won’t ever watch it( except so you can bag it), you certainly would never go to a match... whytf bother to comment on it in a forum thread specifically for that? I don’t go to rugby or soccer forums because I don’t like either. Similarly I don’t go in to threads on World Cup or Wallabies or EPL in here because I don’t like the sports. Mo Hope has probably heard all these bullshit negative comments about why women shouldn’t play the sport all her ******* life and Malthouses comments were the final straw.
I didn’t see your comment until I posted mine in the above. The key is to differentiate the negative criticism and the negative comments that serve no real purpose other than to spread hate. Though conversely, the yay-sayers need to be expecting of the harsh criticisms (where applicable).

For example, skills in AFLW were generally deplorable in the first year. This second year, skills have been much improved. And I’m hoping to see more handballing next year!

I didn’t see your comment until I posted mine in the above. The key is to differentiate the negative criticism and the negative comments that serve no real purpose other than to spread hate. Though conversely, the yay-sayers need to be expecting of the harsh criticisms (where applicable).

For example, skills in AFLW were generally deplorable in the first year. This second year, skills have been much improved. And I’m hoping to see more handballing next year!
ANYONE with half a brain would never have expected the skills to be the same as the men - who have played all their life, while most of the women in the AFLW have not. MOST people are reasonable and understand that it will take many years for the female competition to get to the level we expect from the men. How long did it take the men to get to this level? How long ago did the men become professional? Besides which, the women are throwing themselves in with gusto... much harder than some of the blokes you’d have to say! I’ve got no problem with people discussing areas where the game can improve. I have HUGE problems with idiots that are only interested in bagging a competition they have absolutely no interest in.

If you don’t like it, why comment? That’s what wrong with this world today. You (Not you specifically)don’t like it, you won’t ever watch it( except so you can bag it), you certainly would never go to a match... whytf bother to comment on it in a forum thread specifically for that? I don’t go to rugby or soccer forums because I don’t like either. Similarly I don’t go in to threads on World Cup or Wallabies or EPL in here because I don’t like the sports. Mo Hope has probably heard all these bullshit negative comments about why women shouldn’t play the sport all her ******* life and Malthouses comments were the final straw.
People will be won over at their own pace.

One older bloke I know was dead against women's football (too rough for them, standard too poor) up until his grand daughter started playing. He saw how much she loved it, was won over and now helps coach her team.

If we think only people who love every aspect should comment and everyone else should STFU - that's the North Korean Government Media approach

No, women's state leagues use a 4.5. AFLW use a 4.0. It was one of the concerns, that part of the ball skill issue was them using a ball smaller than they are used to.

So he is doubly wrong.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Is that a decision that the women player's would like reversed? Surely the AFL would prefer the players to be able to execute their skills ahead of kicking the ball a little longer.

People will be won over at their own pace.

One older bloke I know was dead against women's football (too rough for them, standard too poor) up until his grand daughter started playing. He saw how much she loved it, was won over and now helps coach her team.

If we think only people who love every aspect should comment and everyone else should STFU - that's the North Korean Government Media approach

I think they're talking about people that have disagreed with the concept from the get-go, haven't changed their view at all but come in to take pot shots when something a bit newsworthy like Mo cracking the shits hits the headlines. It doesn't really add to the discussion because the mind remains closed.

I think they're talking about people that have disagreed with the concept from the get-go, haven't changed their view at all but come in to take pot shots when something a bit newsworthy like Mo cracking the shits hits the headlines. It doesn't really add to the discussion because the mind remains closed.
Like the e-sports thread!

Like the e-sports thread!

Nearly. I don't think there's any doubt about the benefit of an elite women's league to the overall picture of the AFL or how popular it's been thus far. There's plenty of doubt as to how e-sports is contributing to our core goal of having premiership winning football teams. Not even in the same ballpark, especially when nobody has managed to explain how we make money from paying players except some vague reference to sponsorship and it being a billion dollar industry.

Is that a decision that the women player's would like reversed? Surely the AFL would prefer the players to be able to execute their skills ahead of kicking the ball a little longer.
It's a discussion, especially as the state leagues haven't followed suit. So not only is it smaller, they chop and change between them depending which comp they are playing in.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Channel Seven's coverage of the Australia v New Zealand T20 cricket match circulated the highest audience ever for women's cricket on Saturday.

The combination of metro and regional audiences peaked at 1.298 million viewers.

Across the entirety of the match, the broadcast reached nearly three million viewers nationally and two million in metro areas.

Always felt that the period between the AFL grand final and the first test is the biggest void in the Australian sporting calendar.

There is barely any sport on tv whatsoever for a month and a half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jenna McCormick signed for the Brisbane Roar in the W League, but looks like she's staying with Adelaide in the AFLW
I hope it's not a sign she's considering a move from Adelaide to Brisbane at AFLW level. She's starting to become one of my favorites, with thanks to Nikkinoo highlighting some of her quality defensive plays in earlier posts.

I hope it's not a sign she's considering a move from Adelaide to Brisbane at AFLW level. She's starting to become one of my favorites, with thanks to Nikkinoo highlighting some of her quality defensive plays in earlier posts.

Reckon it’s more of a combination of Brisbane Roar being the only W-League club allowing her to sign for half a season and Jenna’s partner who plays for the Brisbane Roar, Haley Raso is out currently recovering from breaking three vertebrae in her back while playing in the US

Reckon it’s more of a combination of Brisbane Roar being the only W-League club allowing her to sign for half a season and Jenna’s partner who plays for the Brisbane Roar, Haley Raso is out currently recovering from breaking three vertebrae in her back while playing in the US
Wow, how did you get such details about Jenna?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/wo...l/news-story/f67dc0c03c8b2b352e3b53bc90f173a6

The tough inside midfielder has a long list of accolades, including winning the SANFLW Rising Star Award this year.
“I got nicknamed Turbo,” Gore joked when speaking to foxfooty.com.au at the AFL Women’s Draft Combine.
"I’m an inside mid I reckon. I like to think I’m fast and then a tackler.”

Better than Dean hopefully;)

Her soccer career has been a revolving door in recent years.

Back