Game Day AFLW - Carlton v Collingwood Season Opener Gameday Discussion/Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don’t know about this WAFL.

Big crowd, lack of atmosphere.

If they ever charge at the gate there will be a massive drop off unless they do something to make the games better to watch, what that is I just don’t know.

It’s not going to matter even if the skill level gets better, it’s just hard to watch and that’s from someone who went with 4 girls!

Smaller ground maybe???

Soccer pitch maybe???

I just don’t know about this WAFL.

Big crowd, lack of atmosphere.

If they ever charge at the gate there will be a massive drop off unless they do something to make the games better to watch, what that is I just don’t know.

It’s not going to matter even if the skill level gets better, it’s just hard to watch and that’s from someone who went with 4 girls!

Smaller ground maybe???

Soccer pitch maybe???
lack of atmosphere?

Disagree.

Last night had great atmosphere... however it was hard to see the game on the other side of the field with the lights being absolutely s**t, and the skills dropped off markedly in the second half. Pretty sure with improved skills, and better lighting, atmosphere would only improve.

lack of atmosphere?

Yeah, hard to discribe or use the correct wording.

There’s just something not quite right and I can’t put my finger on it.

A lady in front of us said, ‘gee this is awful to watch’ a bit too loud and the glares she got from others around was ordinary to say the least. If it was the men’s game, no one would bat an eyelid...

20/20 has got the females in my house watching tonight. No interest in the Footy

When the male players start delivering babies, or some other impressive type of full time work between matches, then I will accept complaints about the standard of the AFLW games.

Some of the AFLW players are true professionals, it is a pity it needs to be full time away from their chosen sport.

I'm not even mad that the standard can drop off markedly when they tire by half time... I mean, what else are we expecting, a lot of 'em are coming from a long way back fitness-wise. Just enjoy it for what it is and enjoy the improvements as they come each year. Even our game, early on, the improvement overall was quite noticeable.

EDIT: Also, it's footy back you guysssss. And the Blues are the Blues, male or female.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the male players start delivering babies, or some other impressive type of full time work between matches, then I will accept complaints about the standard of the AFLW games.

Some of the AFLW players are true professionals, it is a pity it needs to be full time away from their chosen sport.

Ruth Wallace the little dynamo from Adelaide ran the New York marathon !

This Adelaide and Brizzy game is a good standard

People need to stop comparing it to the men’s game

I like Nicole Livingston’s comment at half time...haters gonna hate

This Adelaide and Brizzy game is a good standard

People need to stop comparing it to the men’s game

I like Nicole Livingston’s comment at half time...haters gonna hate
I have only seen some of both todays games but they do look to be of a higher standard than last night.
Looks like we may struggle against all four teams playing today.

I'm not even mad that the standard can drop off markedly when they tire by half time... I mean, what else are we expecting, a lot of 'em are coming from a long way back fitness-wise. Just enjoy it for what it is and enjoy the improvements as they come each year. Even our game, early on, the improvement overall was quite noticeable.

EDIT: Also, it's footy back you guysssss. And the Blues are the Blues, male or female.
Exactly not being full time athletes playing football in the heat of summer is no mean feat not surprised they tire . Going to need a number of years before we see a marked improvement in the standard . But for now its great watching the passion the women play with .

Exactly not being full time athletes playing football in the heat of summer is no mean feat not surprised they tire . Going to need a number of years before we see a marked improvement in the standard . But for now its great watching the passion these women play with .

Heat of summer for sure IAC :fire:

Slight change to hours this year...
  • The players will now commit 13-15 hours per week during pre-season and 10 hours in season. Match day hours are on top of the 10-hour week.
Might be that the Pies were taking advantage of the extra time before the season started?
I hope they're only having 1 or 2 hours of skill sessions a week then, because their biggest problem is tired kicks/fumbles, not inherently bad skills. They need to get fitter, faster.

Yeah, hard to discribe or use the correct wording.

There’s just something not quite right and I can’t put my finger on it.

A lady in front of us said, ‘gee this is awful to watch’ a bit too loud and the glares she got from others around was ordinary to say the least. If it was the men’s game, no one would bat an eyelid...

20/20 has got the females in my house watching tonight. No interest in the Footy
Tensions are high? Well you've seen here that there's an impatience for the game to progress, as well as those who are ignorant as to why there is such a large gap in skill level between the men and the women, and a few other issues.

People get tired of explaining, and these days women are generally getting tired of explaining a lot of concepts so people notice their contribution and capability. Puts everyone on a hair trigger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back