Game Day AFLW R8 - Carlton v Richmond Friday 14th October 6.30PM @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sorry but it’s time to call a spade a spade.. We get out coached every week. Mass exodus of players because of the coach. Now I’m hearing that more want out at the end of the season because of the coach. We’ve gone backwards since he got there and yet he gets two year extension.
The bottom line is he cannot continue next year - end of story.

Thanks for putting up with my vent and apologies.
He couldn't coach a Darts team

Liked the shift with our game style in the past couple of weeks, better balanced team pressure along with the quicker ball movement, the run and overlap which has been seriously lacking gives a greater chance to compete and score altogether…
It’s a fine line with such a young inexperienced team with a a handful of senior players when your overall class, skills and decision making is the major factor/difference between you being a almost side still very much finding it’s way to a team that has the basic balanced football qualities that the better teams have at their disposal…
Much prefer the way we take the game on now, still have some overall list improvements and structural flaws to iron out but it’s a major step up in terms of how you need to play to get to becoming a contender…

Last edited:
Ps Abby McKay as the number 1 inside mid ... wow.
It's amazing what hard work and determination will do. Abb's been my favourite player almost from the start.

Year 1, in and out of the side, just didn't have the skillset of the others.
Year 2, developed her pressure game and was getting games as a pressure mid/run-with type, but not getting much of the ball.
Year 3, starts getting the ball, but her disposal and decision making was lacking.
Year 4, is getting the ball plenty and often doing good things with it.

The great part is that she's still willing to do ALL the hard things. Had 5 tackles in the first quarter last night. It's no wonder she's been in the coaches votes this year whenever the team hasn't been spanked.

If she can inspire her teammates with that level of dedication and improvement, it can only be a good thing for the future.

who wants out?
A lot of them.. there's a silent group who all want out and it's a constant battle by Kez and co to keep people happy because they just can't stand Harford.
Look at what he did to young Serena Gibbs.. her very first game back after a long and tough battle with anxiety and mental health - and let's not forget she's a talented forward, and he plays her back on Tay Harris, the All Australian key forward who loves playing against us to prove Harf wrong about her, Tay then does what she does and Harf then dumps the kid Gibbs the very next week!

The man has no understanding of people and as long as he's there, we will only get further away from a decent position for the next coach to start from.

This says a lot about the culture of our women’s team under Harford..
One photo shows great pride and celebration in their captains achievement of 50 games.. Whilst the other photo is a disgraceful embarrassment.

Attachments

• 82F8F189-AA9E-4EDD-A8D6-1BF892DBEEBC.jpeg
    82F8F189-AA9E-4EDD-A8D6-1BF892DBEEBC.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 0D628A57-0A27-4B88-BD5F-26BF8F2EEF2B.jpeg
    0D628A57-0A27-4B88-BD5F-26BF8F2EEF2B.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 123
One photo shows great pride and celebration in their captains achievement of 50 games.. Whilst the other photo is a disgraceful embarrassment.
I'm not sure Harf should be accountable for the size of the banner.

The Cheersquad is responsible for the banner, not the club. Friday night there was a joint banner for Pride Round that both clubs ran through together. Hence why they had the mini banner for Kez in the rooms. If it was a regular round then I have no doubt the Cheersquad would have made a note of it.

Look at what he did to young Serena Gibbs.. her very first game back after a long and tough battle with anxiety and mental health - and let's not forget she's a talented forward, and he plays her back on Tay Harris, the All Australian key forward who loves playing against us to prove Harf wrong about her, Tay then does what she does and Harf then dumps the kid Gibbs the very next week!
Gibbs wasn’t dropped “the very next week”. She had three consecutive games (Melbourne, GWS, St Kilda), two of those in defence. Trudgeon was out with concussion and we needed a tall defender against Harris - only Gibbs and Jones available for that position and Serena was clearly the preference. We played her forward against the Saints but as she’s been training as a defender all season she was likely a little rusty.

The Cheersquad is responsible for the banner, not the club. Friday night there was a joint banner for Pride Round that both clubs ran through together. Hence why they had the mini banner for Kez in the rooms. If it was a regular round then I have no doubt the Cheersquad would have made a note of it.
Yes, I’m aware the cheer squad is responsible for the banner however, the coach is an enormous driver of culture and strong culture doesn’t equal that pathetic photo above. If culture is going well everybody buys in. It’s a poor excuse you offer to say that those photos aren’t an indictment on the coaches in ability to create culture which celebrates a champion of our club.
Gibbs wasn’t dropped “the very next week”. She had three consecutive games (Melbourne, GWS, St Kilda), two of those in defence. Trudgeon was out with concussion and we needed a tall defender against Harris - only Gibbs and Jones available for that position and Serena was clearly the preference. We played her forward against the Saints but as she’s been training as a defender all season she was likely a little rusty.
You’re right, I’ll rephrase dropped without being given A decent run. She’s been trained not only as a defender but pushed up onto a wing and played as a half forward at training. However, that’s beside the point. The point is her first game back and he throws it to the wolves like that… Come on that’s indefensible.

I'm not sure Harf should be accountable for the size of the banner.
The coach is an enormous driver of culture and strong culture doesn’t equal that pathetic photo above. If culture is going well, everybody buys in. It’s an indictment on the coaches inability to create culture which celebrates a champion of our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I’m aware the cheer squad is responsible for the banner however, the coach is an enormous driver of culture and strong culture doesn’t equal that pathetic photo above. If culture is going well everybody buys in. It’s a poor excuse you offer to say that those photos aren’t an indictment on the coaches in ability to create culture which celebrates a champion of our club.

You missed the point. The reason they had the banner in the rooms was because there was a symbolic joint banner for both teams to celebrate Pride Round. The social media team said as much:

The fact the effort was still made to give that to her to me (at least) shows great respect and culture.

A lot of them.. there's a silent group who all want out and it's a constant battle by Kez and co to keep people happy because they just can't stand Harford.

The man has no understanding of people and as long as he's there, we will only get further away from a decent position for the next coach to start from.
What's your connection ftw? You seem to know a bit on the inside? No names needed just want to understand your pov

The coach is an enormous driver of culture and strong culture doesn’t equal that pathetic photo above. If culture is going well, everybody buys in. It’s an indictment on the coaches inability to create culture which celebrates a champion of our club.

That's enough. Registered yesterday. 6 posts all attacking one person. That smacks of a negative agenda.

You've already been made aware what the story behind the banner was and you know we had no tall defenders to play on Harris. Players play where they are needed. You don't expose your defence because someone is better as a forward. Gibbs has struggled when she has gone forward this season anyway. It's not like we are ruining the career of a gun forward.

Perhaps you are related?

Anyway, I've been watching the videos for the team and they seem to have a very close bond.

They’ve been playing much better footy lately but we went to spaghetti when Richmond lifted their intensity late in the first. Bye bye season 7

That's enough. Registered yesterday. 6 posts all attacking one person. That smacks of a negative agenda.

You've already been made aware what the story behind the banner was and you know we had no tall defenders to play on Harris. Players play where they are needed. You don't expose your defence because someone is better as a forward. Gibbs has struggled when she has gone forward this season anyway. It's not like we are ruining the career of a gun forward.

Perhaps you are related?

Anyway, I've been watching the videos for the team and they seem to have a very close bond.
That's far from enough and I only registered out of frustrated due to being sick of my team being crap, year after year under this coach.. so yes its been a deliberate attack and we'll be making our feelings known across all platforms to ensure the club makes the move to find a coach the players respect and play for and a coach who doesn't get outreached every week.
You can alter the angle and attack me if you like but that won't fly with those who have had enough.
No I'm not related to anyone.
And the videos all clubs' social media teams put our are positive and show a perceived bond. They showed similar videos before we lost all our players over the last two off-seasons, also. I'm telling you, the girls love each other, and even those who left loved their team mates, but they don't connect with the coach.

That's far from enough and I only registered out of frustrated due to being sick of my team being crap, year after year under this coach.. so yes its been a deliberate attack and we'll be making our feelings known across all platforms to ensure the club makes the move to find a coach the players respect and play for and a coach who doesn't get outreached every week.
You can alter the angle and attack me if you like but that won't fly with those who have had enough.
No I'm not related to anyone.
And the videos all clubs' social media teams put our are positive and show a perceived bond. They showed similar videos before we lost all our players over the last two off-seasons, also. I'm telling you, the girls love each other, and even those who left loved their team mates, but they don't connect with the coach.

We are not a forum to organise your attacks on the club on. We are a supporters forum. There may be merit to your rants or you may be off base. We have no way of knowing and it hurts the club and we are not in the business of hurting the club in this fashion, based off agendas.

There are other forums who may allow this. Good luck.

Not here to defend the above poster …. And I’ve defended the coach previously …. however Harford needs to go at seasons end.

That's fine. It's an opinion. It's not an organised agenda which is quite different.

They’ve been playing much better footy lately but we went to spaghetti when Richmond lifted their intensity late in the first. Bye bye season 7

In terms of results, Season 7 was a wash before round 1. Best we could hope for was building team cohesion and development. Really need to improve skills and decision making across the board.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are not a forum to organise your attacks on the club on. We are a supporters forum. There may be merit to your rants or you may be off base. We have no way of knowing and it hurts the club and we are not in the business of hurting the club in this fashion, based off agendas.

There are other forums who may allow this. Good luck.
Freedom of opinion and expression? Only if it suits your own opinion, maybe?
I’ve been completely honest about why I signed up and have posted. Enough is enough, we all deserve better.

You’re right, I’ll rephrase dropped without being given A decent run. She’s been trained not only as a defender but pushed up onto a wing and played as a half forward at training. However, that’s beside the point. The point is her first game back and he throws it to the wolves like that… Come on that’s indefensible.
I am very bullish on Gibbs but her last game where we smashed the saints she didn't touch the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back