Game Day AFLW Rnd 1 - Carlton v Collingwood Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We made a GF two years ago with a list which wasnt GF material - I think Harford can coach
The issue with this is 2 years ago in this comp isn't only 2 years there's been a full revolution of professionalism and skill increase since then. 2 years ago is an age in such a rapidly improving comp. Other clubs are across the board are just miles ahead of where they were 2 years ago. The baselines gone up. We've gotta step up too, as a club.

We made a GF two years ago with a list which wasnt GF material - I think Harford can coach.

A little concerned however that our game plan is predicated on a defensive press and then catch the opposition napping on turnover. It really plays into a low-level skill game ... meaning we might not be focused on learning fine skills?

From a culture perspective, I don't like how we "retired" Loynes and Downie publicly when they were clearly cut. That Hosking number 2 as for a trade right at the end of the process was puzzling. I get why we played hardball with Harris - but what was the plan to replace her? As others have stated not having Dalton last year and then losing her altogether was the biggest blow from a list management perspective.
We got to a GF due to the conference system. Then got smashed in the GF. Weren't ever close to competing that year.

The first covid year when the season got cancelled was out best chance. We were on a roll with Dalton and Brooke Walker playing really well in their first season. Was also the Year Maddy won mvp and Harris, Loynes and the Hosking's were with us and playing well.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We got to a GF due to the conference system. Then got smashed in the GF. Weren't ever close to competing that year.

The first covid year when the season got cancelled was out best chance. We were on a roll with Dalton and Brooke Walker playing really well in their first season. Was also the Year Maddy won mvp and Harris, Loynes and the Hosking's were with us and playing well.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
We beat Freo in the semi and they were super that year. The conference system helped no doubt but our second half of that season was very good.
My point is that up until this week there’s been little or no concern about Harford and after one loss he apparently can’t coach. Reeks of Carlton.

If we played anyone other than the crows at home in adelaide, I think we would have had a far better chance in that grand final.

Unfortunatly the crows are a powerhouse team due to an exclusive draft zone and have a home town grand final they had a massive crowd advantage, probably only a thousand blues there that day (me included) and 55k crows supporters. Stage fright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back