AFLW Rnd 6 - Carlton v Fremantle Gameday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Another double header starting with the Women's.

A must win match if we are a chance to play in the GF.

When:- Friday 10th March

Time:- 6.05PM (est) - (3.05PM wst)

Where:- Domain Stadium

Televised live on FoxSports (CH503) from 6.00PM

Live on 7Mate from 3PM only in Perth.

C6g4mJ5VoAAkIxx.jpg

Last edited:

Get there if you can sand gropers. Great to watch this team, and it's fine beer sipping weather. Forecast is for 31 degrees.

Not sure a list of 27 is enough AFL! We sadly lost Nat Exon for the rest of the season, so Kennedy comes back in. Darby to be our emergency.

My team for this week, with special mentions to the Rising Star nominees Bella Ayre and Tilly Lucas-Rodd. Congrats.

B: L.Brazzale 12 D.Hardiman 31 L.Attard 14
HB: S.Hosking 10 B. Davey 1 R.Privitelli 9
C: L.Arnell 13
HF: D.Vescio 3 B.Jakobsson 35 K.Gillespie-Jones 5
F: M.Keryk 4 I.Ayre 22 K.Shierlaw 25
FOLL: A.Downie 30 T.Lucas-Rodd 18 K.Loynes 2

I/C: S.Audley 26, T.Nestor 20, J.Kennedy 23, A.Brown 27, B.Moody 16, G.Pound 6

Emergencies: K.Darby 8
In: J .Kennedy Out: N.Exon (broken ankle:-()

Go Baggers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game will be interesting with Subi being longer and narrower than all other grounds.

I'll be curious to see how both teams approach it.

run, run, run and more run.

this is where losing Exon REALLY hurts. one of our best runners in an already slow, one paced midfield.

Were lucky Freo arent that good, but theyre improving.

real danger game imo. big oval, slow midfield, i think we may struggle to get the ball up forward enough to kick a winning score.

Team announced!

Jordan Ivey to debut this week.

Welcome Jordan. Where are you from? It seems you are playing for Geelong in the VFLW? Good luck, hope you have a bit of run in you. Go Baggers.

I like watching the women's team play -thought they dropped thier heads a bit after three really bad turnovers led to goals by Melbourne - whilst they had three posters from pretty much in front...Carlton womens side a lot better than that game showed imo - I think most problem to work on is transition from center area to inside 30 - lacking link stratgey there- but love the way the side goes in hard regarding tackling - boys could learn a lot from the women.

From CFC
"Jordan comes from Lake Windouree’s local club, where she won the best and fairest recently. She’s a running midfilder with a strong left foot on her and we’ll be thrilled to see Jordan wear the navy blue this season."

From CFC
"Jordan comes from Lake Windouree’s local club, where she won the best and fairest recently. She’s a running midfilder with a strong left foot on her and we’ll be thrilled to see Jordan wear the navy blue this season."

Running midfielder with a good left boot is just what we need.

They seemed to travel well in Adelaide. Unlucky that Davey got injured.

We need a big win today. Freo will be desperate to win their first game so any win by us will be a great effort. There seems to be more and more players each week contributing. More players thinking they belong at this level. So if they all fire at once, who knows, they could have a day out.

If they can get through this hurdle, I suppose we can then focus on upcoming games & see what results need to fall our way.

Regardless, I have really enjoyed watching the games. They have done the jumper proud, themselves and I'm sure many female fans out there (& men)

Preview:-

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-03-10/aflw-preview-dockers-v-blues

In: J.Kennedy, J.Ivey
Out: R.Privitelli, N.Exon
New: Jordan Ivey (top-up player for injured Nat Exon), Lake Windouree (VIC)

CARLTON
B:
L.Attard 14, B.Davey 1, T.Lucas-Rodd 18
HB: L.Brazzale 12, D.Hardiman 31, J.Ivey 28
C: L.Arnell 13
HF:
I.Ayre 22, K.Shierlaw 25, S.Audley 26
F: D.Vescio 3, B.Moody 16, S.Hosking 10
FOLL: A.Downie 30, K.Gillespie-Jones 5, K.Loynes 2

I/C: M.Keryk 4, G.Pound 6, J.Kennedy 23, A.Brown 27, B.Jakobsson 35, T.Nestor 20

Emergencies: R.Privitelli 9, K.Darby 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back