After 10 Years I finally................

Remove this Banner Ad

Grogette

All Australian
May 9, 2002
Where ever my beloved Roosters are playing!!!
Other Teams
NAFC - Roosters
got Ben Hart to to sign my No: 34 Crows guernsey of course!! :D

If you don't believe me, I have photographic proof of me and Benny, thanks to RoosterWedgie (It has made a great wallpaper for my puta)

Gee Whiz I had a great night watching North Train at Prospect Oval!

I am still on a huge high from getting to meet one of my favourite football players of all time and he was so so so nice too!

The reason it has taken 10 years is because when Ben Hart is around I am not and when I am around he's not! I am so glad that fate finally realised how important it was for me to meet him. So now I have one less goal to accomplish & one day, I can die a very happy women.

I remember watching Ben play for North, it was so awesome I didn't realise at the time who he was, I just saw his number go pass me and I screamed with excitement, a lady sitting next to me must of had a fright when I grabbed her and asked her who the frell was that??!! Then I quoted "If he doesn't make it into the the AFL I will stop following footy"

I was so relieved that he did, the following year!!! I couldn't see a life with out footy!

It's funny the people we admire, I never can quite explain it! There are many great footballer players past & present but why I picked Ben Hart, is still a mystery to me! considering I have followed the Bombers since I was 8. I guess he is just an incredible footballer, who is never injured and is loyal to Crows. I dream that one day we will get him back playing for North, but I know that will never happen, cause he is too good!

Anyway enough talking crap!

Shalom

Go Ben Hart! Go Ben Hart! Go Ben Hart!

Originally posted by Grogette
got Ben Hart to to sign my No: 34 Crows guernsey of course!! :D

If you don't believe me, I have photographic proof of me and Benny, thanks to RoosterWedgie (It has made a great wallpaper for my puta)

You don't have to prove a thing, Grogette (love that name :) ) I totally believe you. Ben does a bit of work at times for a business mate of mine, and I've had the pleasure of talking to him many times.

Not only is he a first-class footballer, Ben just has to be one of the nicest guys you would ever hope to meet. He's a thorough gentleman, totally modest and happy to help any one out any time. It's just impossible not to like him and respect him.

Nothing wrong with your taste in footy heroes Grogette!! :) We just have to help you a little in your choice of teams so you really have something to CROW about!!! ;)

Ben Hart will become the greatest player in the histroy of the Adelaide Football Club. Ever.

The fact that he is underrated by many, especially our evil cousins down Alberton way, does nothing to reduce his impact at our club.

Apart from maybe one season where he lost a bit of form he has just been fantastic down back.

I think later in his career he can play forward and may even reach the magical 400 game mark.

Look forward to his 250th in the first game of the season.

Originally posted by Jars458
The fact that he is underrated by many, especially our evil cousins down Alberton way, does nothing to reduce his impact at our club.

I think you are wrong with that assumption. From my expirence Hart is usually one of the cow supporters scapegoats. I always have believed that he is under-rated/bagged by his own supporters more than anyone else.

I also have met him, through a friend of mine who also is family friends with him and he is a really nice bloke (much like Matty Robran, unfortunatley;) ).

I think the only time i've really seen him look out of his depths is when he mans up on Wanganeen or of late Junior Burgoyne, their pace seems to unsettle him a bit. Apart from that he has and will continue to have a good/great career for a good few years yet (again unfortunately;) )

Originally posted by Eago77
I think you are wrong with that assumption. From my expirence Hart is usually one of the cow supporters scapegoats. I always have believed that he is under-rated/bagged by his own supporters more than anyone else.

Really??

That surprises me. I have never heard any Crows fans say anything bad about Ben Hart. I really can't understand why they would.

Originally posted by ****
Really??

That surprises me. I have never heard any Crows fans say anything bad about Ben Hart. I really can't understand why they would.
Benny would have to be one of the most respected players by both Crows & opposition supporters. Eago, I think your confusing Port & Crows supporters - I have never heard of Hart being used as a scapegoat by Adelaide supporters!

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Benny would have to be one of the most respected players by both Crows & opposition supporters. Eago, I think your confusing Port & Crows supporters - I have never heard of Hart being used as a scapegoat by Adelaide supporters!

I heard one woman, once, ring up 5AA & have a go at Ben. Cornes whined at her & KG set her straight.

I personally did think that Ben had one quieter year in his career where he didn't do as well as all his other seasons, but that is about it really, as far as criticism of Ben Hart goes, as far as I'm concerned.

Originally posted by ok.crows
I heard one woman, once, ring up 5AA & have a go at Ben. Cornes whined at her & KG set her straight.

I personally did think that Ben had one quieter year in his career where he didn't do as well as all his other seasons, but that is about it really, as far as criticism of Ben Hart goes, as far as I'm concerned.

No doubt he had one very poor year. He's allowed that.

KG and Cornsey go off if anyone criticises any of their mates as tehy may not come on teh show again. Its really a sad excuse for robust debate that show.

On Ben Hart I read years ago that he was once called Baked Bean Head by an opposition player and some of the guys started calling him that

We refer to him as that at the footy as a term of enderment.

some people don't like it though. Not that we care.

95 and 96 were a bit down I think from memory. Not anything to be too critical about, especially now after what he has done since.

So if the criticism happened in one of those years then I would understand but since then he has done nothing to warrant any type of criticism.

95 and 96 were the Robert Shaw years, perhaps not so coincidentally.

I heard that women 2, and I was ready to jump through the radio and strangle the stupid cow! :mad: but once I heard Cornsy sort her out, I calmed down!

I reckon that Ben is entitled 2 one bad day or one quiet year once in a while. Considering that he always gives more then 100%, he is only human after all! I personally feel that Ben sometimes doesn't get the recognition he truly deserves it's like he gets taken for granted or something.

Am I right in saying that, or am I just reading more into the situation?

:)

Any Crow fan that doesn't rate Ben Hart clearly needs to watch the 97 & 98 Grand Finals again.

They should pay very close attention to the first and second quarters of both of those matches as Ben Hart kept the Crows chances of a flag alive - almost single handed IMO.

If he has been beaten, its probably been a situation where he's been asked to do too much or mismatched - a good example is Round 1 2000 where Ayres had Hart and Smart play Full Back and CHB. Both were whipped cause they shouldnt have played in those key spots.

One of the true greats of the club. I'd ask that 2004 be the Ben Hart testimonial year - but it would be too early.

cheers

Jerome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Crows fan that doesn't rate Ben Hart is the sort of supporter that gives the club a bad name. They're the front running hanger on'ers that love the winning and the glory but go missing when the side's a goal or two down going into the last.

To those people "BUGGER OFF". You're not supporters and we don't need you. This dude Blighty that's latched on seems like the definition of what I'm talking about. Living in Vic, I try to support Crows fans as much as I can but sometimes they are just embarassing.

You are a champ Benny and like Jerome, I've pencilled in 2004 as a tesimonial year.

Originally posted by Jerome
Any Crow fan that doesn't rate Ben Hart clearly needs to watch the 97 & 98 Grand Finals again.

They should pay very close attention to the first and second quarters of both of those matches as Ben Hart kept the Crows chances of a flag alive - almost single handed IMO.

If he has been beaten, its probably been a situation where he's been asked to do too much or mismatched - a good example is Round 1 2000 where Ayres had Hart and Smart play Full Back and CHB. Both were whipped cause they shouldnt have played in those key spots.

One of the true greats of the club. I'd ask that 2004 be the Ben Hart testimonial year - but it would be too early.

cheers

Jerome

98 he was outstanding on craig scholl, whose one on one contests were teh highlight of the first half, other than wonder goals by the two Crow boys Jarman and .......Carey

Who was he standing in 97? Was it Winmar?

We started well in 97 I thought.

Originally posted by Jars458
98 he was outstanding on craig scholl, whose one on one contests were teh highlight of the first half, other than wonder goals by the two Crow boys Jarman and .......Carey

Who was he standing in 97? Was it Winmar?

We started well in 97 I thought.

He started on Winmar.

When Jammo pulled a hammy in the first quarter, Hart went on to Heatley, and Tyson Edwards came off the bench to go on to Winmar.

Hart and Soul

Ive met Benny Hart too, champion bloke.

I actually wrote up this plaguerised speil a couple of months ago for Hoggy to develop a web page for me; but unfortunately he never came good with the offer, so here it is anyway.

HART AND SOUL
After appearing in every game for the Crows in 2002, Ben Hart took his career match tally to 249; and at just 26, he should be Adelaide’s first player to reach the 300 game milestone.
What a tremendous achievement this will be for the reigning Club Champion who just seems to get better with age.

An inaugural member of Adelaide's AFL squad and as durable as they come, Benny would be the first player chosen in a lot of peoples’ teams.

Last season he led the team in rebounds from defensive 50 (105) and in total had 398 disposals and took 110 marks (equal second).

His uncanny ability of always being prepared to back his judgment and attack, but never far from his opponent when his team is under pressure, has seen him hold his own against some of the games greats including Lockett and Dunstall.

This cool unflappable defender is a joy to watch, and in case you haven’t guessed by now, he is my favourite player.

Hart was a schoolboy champion who made his AFL debut at 17 (Youngest Crow ever to debut – 17 years 257 days) before establishing himself as a reliable and tight checking defender. He was first named in the All Australian team in 1992 and equalled that achievement in 1993. He first won the Malcolm Blight Medal in 1999 when he was named Club Champion for the season and was also honoured as an All Australian team member for the third time in his career.

He was an important player in both of Adelaide’s’ premiership teams in 1997 and1998 and is capable of turning defence into attack in the twinkling of an eye. His unobtrusive Bruce Doull approach and injury free career is sure to see this gutsy performer play a crucial role in what should be another promising year for the mighty Adelaide Crows.

PLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS AND HONOURS

Adelaide FC Club Champion Award 1999, 2002; 3rd in 2001.
All-Australian 1992, 1993, 1999, 2002;
International Rules Series 1998, 1999;
Premiership sides 1997, 1998.
Adelaide FC Club Team of the Decade 2001.

Go Benny!!

:cool:

Re: Hart and Soul

Originally posted by topjars
Ben Hart took his career match tally to 249; and at just 26, he should be Adelaide’s first player to reach the 300 game milestone.

Nice work Topjars. The only thing is I'm not sure if this was a typo or a mistake but Hart is actually 28 years old - not 26 (he's turning 29 this year). Still should reach 300 games though. Seems like the type of player who could play well into his 30's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back