Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was at Arden street today ?

So who is telling the truth?

------------------

Clarkson says Essendon reached out to him very late and out of respect, he met and listened to what they had to say, although it was way too late for him to perform his required due diligence.

Or...

Essendon's claim that they only approached Clarkson when they "found out" that he was interested in coaching at their club and this happened several weeks ago.

------------

One of those stories seems to be entirely consistent with the known facts. The other does not, yet it has been repeated a dozen times on SEN today.
I can tell you Clarkos version is closer to the truth……..

I can tell you Clarkos version is closer to the truth……..
I can't comprehend the dishonesty of the Essendon leaders and the media (SEN) who are running the angle that the Rutten situation only occurred because Clarkson reached out. They said that their supporters would have been angry if they didn't respond in some way to Clarkson's interest.

Clarkson was clearer - he respected some of his friends at Essendon by listening to them when they contacted him. But it was way too late.

David King on first crack called it out (cannot have been a guess) and played them for fools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, it just struck me now. 5 years. That brings such certainty and stability. Combined with our off field success I am more confident than ever about our future. Hearing Clarko speak about all parts of the club, it's vision and to think we have that drive and passion locked in for 5 years.

I think it is still sinking in.

Genuinely moving.

I love this photo, shows Clarko is a ripping bloke

8775024ec7c293e91a072fd6871a3825

In all the hubbub of speculation over the last month or so, my perspective has broadly been that it's good we're willing to be bold and chase Clarkson, but that I had reservations both about being blinkered in our approach, and whether the appointment would be a good fit if it were to happen. That's all still true, a lot still to play out, but...

Watching the press conference a couple of hours ago, and being confronted with the actual fact of Alastair Clarkson in a North polo, sitting next to Sonja Hood and speaking passionately and articulately about both what the club has meant for him, and what we'll need to do to elevate our on-field performance over the coming seasons, has me completely sold. Everything about the appointment has been superbly handled, and at this early stage in his tenure (which technically hasn't even commenced yet), there's every reason to think we'll be well and truly on the right track under Clarkson. As always, time will tell - but wonderful to have a moment so unambiguously positive in what's not been a pleasant season.
We’re you also thinking if I’m feeling this passion from Clarko, what are players watching him speak feeling?

Fcuk I was ready to run through walls for the great man and I have a bung knee and haven’t kicked a footy in 10 years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back