Oppo Camp Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

We have plenty that have gone past him and if it means freeing up coin to keep Elliott on the list for longer to assess his future then absolutely let him go. Faz is depth only. He's an Ok player that has his moments and has been in the system a while now. He doesn't have the tank to match our game style and unfortunately lacks some height and aggression. He does kick the ball beautifully but that's about it. The club would have a good idea of his health both physically and mentally so maybe it's best for both parties. Win win for all.

Disappointing to see him go after all the years. Early in his career i envisaged him becoming a strong long kicking midfielder but he never got there. Is struggling a bit as the moment, every game i see him play he seems to lack zip in the contest and tried to fend off unsuccessfully and gets caught. Looks a bit top heavy so maybe with some continuity he can find form with his new club. Wouldn't imagine he's on too much money but it would be ok, could help with our cap. If we get Lynch we lose him for nothing so there's that.

Hopefully they offer him a juicy contract and we get a decent compo pick (assuming we don’t get Lynch).

Doubt they'd offer him more cash than we would ($300-400k at a guess) but if they're throwing anything longer at him in terms of tenure he'd be mad not to look at it.

We lose a quality player yet we keep hacks like Crocker , Broomhead, Blair, Smith and Oxley, we have many more list cloggers ahead of him, hopefully Carlton will pay overs for him so we can get a good compensation pick

Who said we'd have all those players on our list in 2019?

He wanted a trade to Geelong last year but couldn't work anything out.

If they lose Menzel this year then I wouldn't be surprised if Wells put out some feelers to Fasolo's management.

There's a lot of water to go under the bridge before the picture in relation to Fasolo's potential destination in 2019 becomes clearer.

The article reckons a third rounder is likely, as it puts him on about the average AFL salary.

I just don't think a first rounder and two third rounders is going to cut it for both Kelly and Quaynor.

* Three third rounders if we get a third round pick back as compo for Fasolo (we also have Sydney's 2018 third round pick).

If that happens then we'd have 850-900 points to work with after the first round.

Then for example if bids came in for Quaynor and Kelly at picks 20 and 25 (probably my the top end of their draft range) then we'd need 1274 points points total to match - 3 x 3rd round picks + our 4th round pick would be worth 800-850 points minimum if we finish top 4 and Sydney finish in 6th - 8th spot.

In that situation we could go into deficit for 2019 (basically having our second round pick shift back to the end of the third round) and leave the 2018 draft with our top pick, Quaynor, Kelly and the upgrade for Mihocek if Hine and co thought that was a reasonable haul.

In summary it's still doable, but it depends on how highly we value Quaynor and Kelly and where the bids come.

" This is assuming that we don't get Tom Lynch across the line.

I'm with Parvey on this one.
There are plenty of players who should be shown the door before Fazalicious.

Its not a matter of (a) showing anybody the door or (b) in what order players are delisted.

Others will go in due course. Fasolo sees what we all see. Hes behind De Goey Hoskin-Elliott Thomas and Stephenson in our best 22 forward line set-up, not to mention Jamie Elliott. Like Jarrod Witts a few years ago his best career move is to try again at another club. Even Carlton.

Collingwood needs to get some bigger salaries off its books to make cap room. It stands to reason a player at the crossroads like Fas is one of those players. Plenty of clubs will be a good match for him, not just Carlton. Off the top of my head from Vic clubs alone, I see North, StKilda and the Dogs as good fits. Hopefully he has some choices and doenst have to play in navy blue. But if he does, good luck to him.

Last edited:
It's a shame for him but he's just ahead of
Thomas, Hyphen, Stephenson
Obviously de

And Elliott is the one to return if he gets fully up and about.

That said when Crocker was picked that could have been Fasolo but fasolo isn't defensive enough.
And FAS was battling the shoulder etc when Crocker was in - I think that's right?

Overall fasolo is a good player but very hit and miss and more miss that hit.
Not sure It's anything but he's moving on.

But I think that it's not to our real detriment.

If I had to keep only one Elliott is so far ahead that it's not a discussion for me.

Love Fas, but unfortunately we have 4 players who have kicked more goals this season than his career best, this includes a first year player.

Got injured at the wrong time and too many others have gone past him.
Wish him all the best, there will be no booing when we come up against him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article reckons a third rounder is likely, as it puts him on about the average AFL salary.

I just don't think a first rounder and two third rounders is going to cut it for both Kelly and Quaynor.

Lets say the bids for Quaynor and Kelly come in at 12 and 25.

Pick 12 - 1268 points (25% discount) 951 points
Pick 25 - 756 points (25% discount) 567 points

Requiring 1518 points to secure both.

For arguments sake we have Pick 13 which equals 1212 points, leaving us 306 points to cover.

We currently hold Pick 47 from Sydney which is 312 points.

Easy peasy.

Thats an amazing stat considering he won a Coventry medal in 2016!

If you wanted to know why we were sitting bottom 6 for consecutive seasons, there it is.

The dynamic of our forward line going forward is quite exciting.

We have Stephenson, DeGoey, Hoskin-Elliott, Cox, Thomas and Mihocek all capable of kicking 30+ goals and we had Fasolo winning our goal kicking with 29.

Even more of a reason why Lynch is not a necessity and i won't lose sleep over not getting him.
Add an A grade key defender and Lachie Whitfield type user off half back and we are set in my opinion.

If you wanted to know why we were sitting bottom 6 for consecutive seasons, there it is.

The dynamic of our forward line going forward is quite exciting.

We have Stephenson, DeGoey, Hoskin-Elliott, Cox, Thomas and Mihocek all capable of kicking 30+ goals and we had Fasolo winning our goal kicking with 29.

Even more of a reason why Lynch is not a necessity and i won't lose sleep over not getting him.
Add an A grade key defender and Lachie Whitfield type user off half back and we are set in my opinion.

Lynch is a different beast to Fasolo, and Stevo isnt neccesarily a career forward pocket. Some may argue JDG isnt either. And I dont think we should get too content assuming that Cox Mihocek and Thomas can repeat 2018 on a long term basis. So not sure I agree with you that we dont need Lynch. But thats a different tread topic.

Fas is a popular player at Collingwood (and a GF player) so he'll be missed if he chooses to leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back