Alicia Molik

Remove this Banner Ad

Very, very good effort by Molik today, she looked gone in that 3rd set at 3-5 down and managed to get it back and take it to Davenport, however she just couldnt make the most of her opportunities in that last set.

Has been a great summer for Molik, winning in Sydney and making the Qtrs of the Australian Open.

I expect we will see a lot more of Molik in the future!

Great effort by Molik.
Her serve wasn't quite and she didn't great her chances in the third set.
Lindsay looked gone, but fought on well.
That said, the standard of umpiring in this tournament has been abysmal and that continued today.
I have never seen so many bad mistakes in a grand slam on the line calls, often with the linespeople correcting themselves immediately and forcing the point to be replayed.
There were bad calls each way, but Molik was stiff in the end.
The central umpire made a staggering over-rule in calling a Molik shot out, and then the match turned on a clear ace called wide. That would have put Molik ahead 8-7.
If it is in, and is called out, then clearly it is a guess, in which case they shouldn't make the call.
Molik handled it well, she had the right to be very cheesed off.

great effort by molik today

She was wonderful today.To think she has never won a set off of Davenport b4,and the last match was 6/1 6/0.

The central umpire was a disgrace today,totally unbelievebale to call a backline error when you are in the centre of the court.To do it 4 times is staggering.

I hope he is demoted in the ranks of umpires, due to his incompetance.

Alicia was extremely unlucky with vital line calls today. She proved though that she is right up there with the top players and we will be seeing more of her in 2005. Conducted herself very well in the press conference afterwards too. Gave more credit to Davenport than Davenport gave to her in claiming it was only her serve that had her in trouble during the match.

Congrats to Molik who put up a wonderful fight against the number 1 player and nearly pulled it off. She is definitely a player of the future and there is no reason she couldnt win the open next year

very impressive today from Molik. i would have liked to see her complete the fairytale, but then again who wouldnt have in Australia? Davenport is a top player, Dechy has snuck under the radar, can she match it with davenport?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back