All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t that Callis seg was amazing. Crazy how this all started in January when Don Callis tried to recruit Konosuke Takeshita on AEW Elevation.

6 months of build with the big turn on the Double or Nothing main event.
The highlight of the night. The guy couldn’t even talk.

This sign hahaha
FxiIEgkWIAAS3nQ

I'd like to think I'm relatively neutral and don't think it's as straight forward as it's been reported. I'll leave it there as I know people around here (from posters I respect and have a lot of time for) have strong views on Punk and don't want to start an unnecessary s**t fight.

There are always shades of grey. Some people just prefer to see things in black and white…

Good energy episode of Dynamite.

FTR/BCG segment was fun. Jay White and Ricky Starks has show stealing potential written all over it.

Awesome heat with Callis, pairing him with Takeshita and turning him heel was a great move.

Nice to round out the show with Cole and Brit who IRL are awesome people tag together and enjoy a win.

It’s what Takeshita needed, was a mouthpiece, Don Callis is that. It was the one thing that was holding him back, that he was unable to do promo’s in English

I think it's the tradeoff for wanting fast gameplay. More of a fighting game than a wrestling sim.
I think it looks pretty good. Originally I thought it looked like a pile of trash but after seeing some more recent stuff its going to be a solid game that is fun. Personally I think it is a good thing that the game play and style is a fair difference from WWE2K. I mean if your hell bent on wanting a more realistic sim just get 2K and download all the AEW creations, all the AEW shows and events are on it and look a million bucks and the models like Punk, Danielson, MJF etc look better than some of the "real" models.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Via a Facebook post that popped up on my feed;

"IGN posted a video of their time with AEW Fight Forever. Heres the notes from their video:

-IGN used a pre release build
-Can use tables in Ladder Matches
-Can have more than one ladder in the match
-Most wrestlers have a "Quick Evade" button where you press the bumper twice (PAC will Cartwheel out the way)
-MJF doesn't have an evade, instead, he'll beg you to not hurt him and you can cancel it and use a cheap shot
-Orange Cassidys "Sloth kicks" are in and you can transition it to a Superkick
-When Cassidy has his hands in his pockets, his move set changes a bit
-Road to Elite starts by showing pictures of wrestlers from their rookie or backyard days
-More confirmed wrestlers include, The Lucha Bros, Chuck Taylor, PAC, Luchasaurusz John Silver, Jeff Hardy, Malakai Black, Andrade El Idolo and Cody Rhodes
-You start off by getting a call from Tony Khan to appear at the first Double or Nothing
-Live video packages to tell the story of the start of AEW
-Stories branch depending on if you win or lose
-In between matches you can do activities to help your character
-Working out lowers your energy but gives you skill points and if you work out too hard, you could injure yourself, press conferences gives you more enery and momentum

This second part is from watching an IGN match of MJF vs Jade Cargill

-Music plays during matches
-Commentary happens before and after the match, none during it"

I do enjoy WWE2K because graphically the entrances models etc are bloody amazing but these clips even though are outright stupid it’s a good stupid, just brings back so many memories for me as a kid flogging WCW NWO Revenge and No Mercy.

Obviously graphically and things like entrances blood weapons and depth will be a mile ahead of those games but it just screams out fun.

It was a really good ep this week, I loved the opener. I feel like OC needs to lose that belt though, it gets stale pretty quick when it's being defended every week.

I'm glad it doesn't look like Callis and Takeshita are associated with BCC - they shouldn't be. I'd love to see BCC take in another young boy though. Bandido would be cool, the heel work of his that I've seen was awesome. I think Josh Woods would've been another good, different option, but they can't keep moving guys from heel jobber stables to main event level and expect people to accept them overnight. Garcia was the right option all along... JAS has done nothing for him.

On Punk, I said on here all along that there was too much money to be left on the table, so they'd find a way to figure it out.

But if he was precious about Hangman's promo last year, I hope he's prepared for what's coming, because Brawl Out and Punk's inherent selfishness is going to be the basis for everything he does for the rest of the year.

Part of me wants to think the reason we got Anarchy in the Arena last week rather than Blood n Guts is because we might end up with The Elite vs Punk/FTR/? (Ace Steel?) in the cage instead. You don't really want to turn FTR, so you could do a fun tweener crowd assuming we get All Out in Chicago (which is the event I've been looking at trying to go to, but it's looking unlikely now.)

The roster release is really weird. Jeff Hardy is in the base game but Matt is a pre order. Cody Rhodes is in it haha. No Acclaimed? FTR Danhausen and HOOK are DLC. Malaki but not the rest of HoB. Odd choices being made. Hopefully more to be announced for the base game.

The roster release is really weird. Jeff Hardy is in the base game but Matt is a pre order. Cody Rhodes is in it haha. No Acclaimed? FTR Danhausen and HOOK are DLC. Malaki but not the rest of HoB. Odd choices being made. Hopefully more to be announced for the base game.
I believe Acclaimed are DLC.

Yeah, pretty cheeky having FTR as paid DLC when there’s plenty of wrestlers who joined after them in the base game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back