All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another aspect also is I don’t see AEW women’s roster as an issue or desperately needing some ex WWE superstar like this. I’d just push Hart, Puarazzo, Baker, Athena, Red Velvet etc and let them cook.

Constantly revolving the women’s division on the latest WWE release is unnecessary
ostrich-laughing.png

Apparently MJF is considering getting surgery on his torn labrum. If he does, he may not be back on TV until late in the year.

With Darby's foot injury, he could be out 3 months, and may also postpone his Mt Everest climb to 2025.
May as well get it done properly at his age. It’s not like AEW is short on main eventers anyway.

I quit watching wrestling from 2013 to 2021 & while I'm aware that Sasha Banks was a star in WWE I've never really seen her wrestle so I'm not sure how valid my opinion is, but I've got to say the two appearances from Mone have been very underwhelming so far. Not only does it seem like your standard generic promos, she also comes across as phony.

I quit watching wrestling from 2013 to 2021 & while I'm aware that Sasha Banks was a star in WWE I've never really seen her wrestle so I'm not sure how valid my opinion is, but I've got to say the two appearances from Mone have been very underwhelming so far. Not only does it seem like your standard generic promos, she also comes across as phony.

I don't think she's ever been that strong on the mic, and she has spent her whole career in the WWE system so only knows heavily scripted promos with cliches and buzzwords - they do stick out a bit. She is decent in the ring though.

Dont sugar coat it. Its pumping in crowd noise mate

They trying to make the chant a thing. It wont be.

Its not a ridiculous take, its a early prediction. She may prove me wrong but i can make a prediction I just cant see it working out. What is your prediction though? Do you see her as the face of the womens division and crowds chanting her name week in week out?
You said 'absolutely no one cares about her'. That's not a prediction and like her or not (fair enough if you don't) that is a ridiculous take.

I don't think she's ever been that strong on the mic, and she has spent her whole career in the WWE system so only knows heavily scripted promos with cliches and buzzwords - they do stick out a bit. She is decent in the ring though.

In AEW she’s got a chance to be the top dog very quickly, the women’s division is “light” on for star power as they haven’t had the exposure that Mercedes has previously. It will only help AEW and it should help Mercedes grow to.

The CEO and Boss Gimmicks are horse s**t though, very similar to Seth Rollins over the top gimmick that doesn’t resonate for the fans and can have a negative impact on how people perceive that talent.

AEW clearly pumping in crowd noise ala Goldberg for Mercedes Mone. Absolutely no one cares about her. Too long out of the game and not just due to injury but the fact she was off for so long even before that.

She simply isnt a face, she is a heel. Like Charlotte Flair, some people just born to be heels and Mone is that. She can only be a face in like a stable of stars and not buy herself. While her bank account will be thankful for the choice, I dont think she will. I see Mone being tossed to the side by July and underused again. If she went to WWE she could have aligned with Bayley and Naomi to be a part of a stable for example and then had a actual clear career path for the long term

In AEW she has no clear direction, no crowd support and is basically a sitting duck. The fans will turn and Tony will get bored and put her in the same basket he has the "injured" Britt Baker in
What a weird thing to say.

AEW crowd is too powerful for TK to just run with whatever he wants. One of the reasons he has such a loyal fan base is because of this. If they turn on her he will need to make her a heel is my thinking

A heel on the biggest salary in women’s wrestling isn’t a good investment in that regard so if that happens it won’t be a success for him
Another weird opinion.

Roman Reigns is a heel. s**t, the NWO were heels. You absolutely pay your top level heels.

And who gives a s**t what Tony pays her? Mercedes salary to a billionaire is like tip money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good main event with Swerve/Takeshita. Ospreay vs Shibata opener solid.

Same with Private Party vs Young Bucks, Falcon Arrow off the barricade was nuts, but lol at Nick Jackson slipping during the EVP trigger at the finish.

Felt like a really wrestling heavy episode. Probably could have used a 5-10 min in ring promo seg in the middle to progress something.

this Mone stuff is not working for me. she's not likeable. plus was she wearing her necklace "inside out" when she exited the car?
She’s a fraud she’s somehow made a name for herself with an utterly over the top cringe gimmick.

She is alright in the ring and she instantly raised the profile of the AEW women’s division but once you take the shine of the signing away it drops away really fast for her. She isn’t a super star in the ring and she hasn’t got anything else outside of that.

She didn’t sign to take AEW women’s division global like she “said” she signed because it was all about the $$$$ and let’s face it there’s a fair chunk of the AEW women’s roster that have more talent than her but don’t have the “name” so she could be the top dog on top dollar.
If she went the other way she would have been on good money but sure as hell wouldn’t be at the top given the popularity of rise of some current talent there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back