Mega Thread All things Heritier Lumumba (Good luck H. Thread closed)

What do you think of Heritier possibly going?

• Too much drama - let him go

Votes: 204 64.2%
  • Not a good footballer anymore - let him go

Votes: 75 23.6%
  • We should try to hang onto him

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think recruiting has come a long way since the 90's, looking at the last 14 years there's only 3 that I would say haven't lived up to expectations, so getting pick 1 gives you a 78% chance of getting a gun player.

The letdowns for me being Kreuzer, Watts and Scully, it is a bit early to call on Patton, Whitfield and Boyd but they have all shown plenty of potential and look like being quality AFL players.

Unfortunately for them they were Carltoned and Melbourned respectively so it may not have entirely been their fault.

I think recruiting has come a long way since the 90's, looking at the last 14 years there's only 3 that I would say haven't lived up to expectations, so getting pick 1 gives you a 78% chance of getting a gun player.

The letdowns for me being Kreuzer, Watts and Scully, it is a bit early to call on Patton, Whitfield and Boyd but they have all shown plenty of potential and look like being quality AFL players.

How many are the best player in the draft?

Some of them are just good footballers.

The point was that often the number 1 pick isn't the best player from his draft class, which is true.

How many are the best player in the draft?

Some of them are just good footballers.

The point was that often the number 1 pick isn't the best player from his draft class, which is true.

I didn't see that in your original post, the actual statement you made was it is a mixed result. Which is fine, and you are right in saying that not every no 1 pick is the best player in their draft, but clearly if you get the number 1 pick, the odds of it being a gun or star player are very good.

It's quite easy in hindsight to nitpick and say well Hird was the best player in his draft picked late or Swan was one of the best in his draft picked late or why didn't Carlton take Pendles at no 1. My point is that if you can get pick 1 there is a very good chance that said player will be a gun.

I didn't see that in your original post, the actual statement you made was it is a mixed result. Which is fine, and you are right in saying that not every no 1 pick is the best player in their draft, but clearly if you get the number 1 pick, the odds of it being a gun or star player are very good.

It's quite easy in hindsight to nitpick and say well Hird was the best player in his draft picked late or Swan was one of the best in his draft picked late or why didn't Carlton take Pendles at no 1. My point is that if you can get pick 1 there is a very good chance that said player will be a gun.

Was a reply to 3 posts if you go back and look, the overriding point being that you can get much better value in some drafts trading it out for multiple 1st rounders or a low 1st rounder and quality youth etc. Basing it opn the premise that often the number 1 pick isn't the best player in the draft anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in effect we get Geelong's hand me down pick for Mitch Clark.

Dees started off pretty keen as their original second round pick, then mid second now blown out to pick 33.

I would want something better than that.

So Melbourne are giving #3 for Lumumba and Merrett? LOL

Wicksy, people may throw up stupid trade ideas that most will not agree with but you don't need to hang it on everyone when it happens.
All I see is negative s**t from you towards posters which will make people not want to post around here.

Wicksy, people may throw up stupid trade ideas that most will not agree with but you don't need to hang it on everyone when it happens.
All I see is negative s**t from you towards posters which will make people not want to post around here.

Good to see you used your spell check.

Overall, I think i'm very positive about our Pies and the direction the club is heading... Perhaps you are talking about the posters that turn every thread into a "Sack Buckley" orgy??

Would be a diasspointing result if we got Pick 33 for him.
We should be telling Melbourne its Pick 22 or no deal.

Would be a diasspointing result if we got Pick 33 for him.
We should be telling Melbourne its Pick 22 or no deal.

the fact that we didnt want a straight swap between lumumba and clark when we were interested in him makes me believe there is no way we will accept pick 33 for him.
pies get pick 22
melbourne get lumumba and pick 45

Funny, I can't remember the last time Saints made a "smart" decision in trade or draft period. I have a good friend who is a Saints supporter and he swears they are ******* up there in management.

Dunstan, Acres, Longer and Savage v Hartung and McEvoy was some of the best off-season work I've seen in a long time last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back