Amish Deaths....God's will?

Remove this Banner Ad

William G. Gruff

Debutant
Suspended
Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i am not interested in weather or not you personally think it was God's will that the amish children should have been executed/murdered, unless you are Amish yourself.

what i want to know is, if you think that the amish community and amish victims families think that it was God's will that their children die, and die the way they did, at the time they did.

Is Amish a religion where God is always the final say and can justify anything? If this is the case, is being sympathetic of the victims' families situation actually patronising and insulting their religious beliefs? In fact, shouldn't we non-Amish be celebrating the deaths of these children as a show of religious tolerance.

the last thing i want to do is discriminate against anybody on the basis of religion, whether they're muslim, amish or scientologist.

William G. Gruff said:
i am not interested in weather or not you personally think it was God's will that the amish children should have been executed/murdered, unless you are Amish yourself.

what i want to know is, if you think that the amish community and amish victims families think that it was God's will that their children die, and die the way they did, at the time they did.

Is Amish a religion where God is always the final say and can justify anything? If this is the case, is being sympathetic of the victims' families situation actually patronising and insulting their religious beliefs? In fact, shouldn't we non-Amish be celebrating the deaths of these children as a show of religious tolerance.

the last thing i want to do is discriminate against anybody on the basis of religion, whether they're muslim, amish or scientologist.

Well William, I thought these guys believe that it is Gods will that man (and women) have free will. So I suppose indirectly he is to blame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back