Roast Andrew Fagan's best football department

Remove this Banner Ad

www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/adelaide/new-adelaide-ceo-former-rugby-boss-andrew-fagan-has-bold-vision/news-story/9c593f1ef1746077e324f5d8e869a2b6

New Adelaide CEO, former rugby boss Andrew Fagan, has bold vision

Michelangelo Rucci, The Advertiser
September 15, 2014 3:22

“The vision should be (to make the Crows) the most respected and successful (team) in the country,” Fagan said.

“That is my history ... deliver the best football program because that is what you can control. Put the right people in the right seats - and get the right system in place.

“That is the focus for me - give the Adelaide Crows the best football progam in the AFL.”

Fagan has had a few years to as he said put the right people in the right seats and put the right systems in place.
How has he gone? Especially important how is the football department looking?
Pressure is on Fages. This year from an injury point has been purely unacceptable.

If no changes once the season is over , then he’s lost me for good.

Is there pressure on these guys though? This year will finish and then we will shake ourselves off and get ready for 2019 with the same culture/people. In a year when we should have been threatening for a flag we will finish outside the 8 and I will guarantee not one person will lose their job.

It staggers me that if the board is truly professional no one questioned the original appointment of Burton and then his subsequent promotion. The fish rots from the head. I honestly believe we will not see change until supporters stop turning and buying memberships. Nothing else seems to have worked.

Anna Bligh was brilliant during the QLD flood.

Tragedy has a way of flattering people.
Whilst this is true, Chappy cops a pretty unfair wrap for the most part. Still time he left mind you, but to think his departure would somehow immediately fix things is naive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know how the esports team is going on the injury front?
Didgit awareness syndrome is taking its toll along with
Late night pizzaitis.

They'll all feed off last year for another 5 or 6 years like Trigg fed off 05-06
Difference being we made the finals in 07, 08 and 09. We are a big chance to miss the 8 this year and we know this club likes to change.

Pyke will get the sack and everyone else will stay

If Andrew Fagan hasn't already quietly launched a World Wide search for a Fitness guru and hasn't already started preparing a shortlist for a new football boss to poach, then he needs to start preparing his resignation letter. There is no question as to if this should happen or not...

Fagan and Walsh and Pyke and Roo were all pretty promising, all speaking of elite standards. But there hasn't been much change to the football department since 2014. Forget bad appointments vs good ones. There just hasn't been that much change.

Was it the world's biggest coincidence that everyone in an under-performing team was already elite and just needed a new boss and a couple of well directed nudges?

We've had an upward trajectory on the field since then. I wonder what a down year will do. Please don't be like 2013 and shrug it off.

THE midfield has been consider our weakness since Dangerfield left So if anybody has bugger our midfield it is the recruiters for not bringing in more elite talent and i consider the recruiting department to be one of the best areas of the club.

Like bring in a A grader in Gibbs who is likely to win our B&F?

Our midfield without the injuries is as good as anyone, Gibbs, Sloane, Crouch and Crouch with guys like Douglas, CEY and Greenwood running through it.

Recruiting is not the issue, keeping the good players on the park is.

That’s some experienced people on the board and all..... but only one of them really knows anything about modern football in that he commentates it.

Why don’t we have more “football people” in there?

AFL club boards don't have more than 1 'football' person on the board.

Port - George Fiaachi
Richmond - Brendan Gale (also the CEO)
Hawks - Richie Vandenberg
Saints - Andrew Thompson
Swans - Brad Seymour
WCE - no former players

Can't be arsed with the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back