Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm actually starting to wish he still had his lunchtime gig on SEN because at least he was confined to one spot which I didn't listen too but now he continuously pops up as a fill on on shows I enjoy and ruins them. I enjoy Footy Fix on a Friday afternoon but to hear his voice over the last few weeks come out of the news just makes you flat. He even then went on to call last Friday night's match. And to top it off just heard on radio today that SEN will be covering Memsie Stakes day this Saturday with Dr Turf, but instead of the usual KB who together with Doc's banter make the coverage, you guessed it good old Andy is replacing KB...

Dermie insists on calling Andy "Millhouse". Maher is not the worst going around the airwaves but is as ineffectual as the Simpsons character. He is surprisingly effective on TFB, except when he cuts in over Pang or guests.

One of the most apt nicknames out there.

^

He's the dud
3qvmibxo52oy.gif

Is Andy Maher's media career the hardest thing to kill since JCVD?

Fair dinkum, I flick on SEN and there he is regardless of the time slot.

It's like SEN is launching guerilla surprise attacks on our ears. He seems to be cropping up everywhere like some noxious weed.

Almost tempted to say give him a regular time slot so I know when to avoid SEN.

Bloke's career is harder to kill than a cockroach.

He was paired with ox the other night on the run home..now theres 2 elements that you should never mix. Schwarz was deadpan...no animation, no cheeky banter. Sounded like he was being interviewed by police, just did not want to give foghorn Maher an inch, which he took anyway...was excruciating yet intriguing.

Is Andy Maher's media career the hardest thing to kill since JCVD?

Fair dinkum, I flick on SEN and there he is regardless of the time slot.

It's like SEN is launching guerilla surprise attacks on our ears. He seems to be cropping up everywhere like some noxious weed.

Almost tempted to say give him a regular time slot so I know when to avoid SEN.

Bloke's career is harder to kill than a cockroach.
I'm no fan of his believe me. However, I have to grudgingly say he plays an understated role on the Front Bar very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously he's popular with the general public as he keeps getting a gig. The negative nancys and keyboard warriors on here are overly harsh.

Did you go to Marcellin with him the whole time?

Lets say you own a radio station

You have 3 people who's agents have got back to you with wages and your budget is $50k a year.

Gerard Whateley - wanting 120k and only wants to work Tuesday and Sundays
Garry Lyon - wanting 220k and only wants Wednesday through Saturday
Andy Maher - will work for minimum wage and any day and time. Happy to fill in extra shifts too.

No brainer. The bloke was sacked from SEN and was back in a flash happy to fill in any shifts. Have some pride man for God's sake.

Cmon youse blokes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back