Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand that we aren't going to like every commentator, I can even take the conflict of interest when guys like Eddie commentate.
I can even tolerate ex footballers who don't know how to commentate but get some leniency due to their football career.
Or a boys club based appointment. Or print journos who decide they want to speak as well.

Where the hell does Andy "the walking cliche" Maher fit into the media landscape?

He is like a noxious weed now popping up on the 20 over coverage for Big Bash.
I guess it should give me some hope that anyone can get a job commentating.

I know that there are those out there who would say he works hard,a good guy etc etc but for crying out loud he can't even speak properly - does he talk with his fingers clasped over his nose.

What gives?
Good morning to you mhill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a fan of Maher. I think he's a **** stain on the station. But I'll repeat the thoughts of what I said on the SEN thread. Maher is a ****face. But the alternative at the time was Tony Jones. Captive SEN listeners have dodged a bullet not having to listen to that massive w***er Jones.

Just shows what a big moment Scott winning The Masters was. It's takes a helluva lot to get a sport/football media journo/broadcasters off Luke Hodge's ballsack.

The bloke is cringeworthy to the extreme....a major knob in need of a good flogging. Provides nothing but pain to my head.

I've flicked over to FM brekky radio a few times...but had to switch back pretty quickly...that generic crap lowers an IQ in an instant.

Why can't morning radio be informative, easy listening and entertaining?

World News radio often gets a run for this reason...it ticks 2 out of the 3 boxes.

I've flicked over to FM brekky radio a few times...but had to switch back pretty quickly...that generic crap lowers an IQ in an instant.
Ugh, FM breakfast radio is agonizing, especially all the fake laughing, which makes me wanna punch the radio. I assume it's targeted at teenagers; I vaguely remember liking some of it when I was young.

I sometimes flick over to Triple M in the mornings, but I can only take about 20 seconds of that chick doing the fake laughing. Is it on tape? Ha.

Sen have to do something with morning program ,

Andy maher was awe struck working with timmy and was scared to offend during the peptides saga , so he just became a Watson barracker !!

But he is even worse with gaze

desperately needs a big name football person to start the day

In the commentary booth with Mark Waugh, Viv Richards and Ricky Ponting, Junior commented there were 30,000 Test runs in the booth and then asked: "How many did you make Andy?"

Maaaaah got fair dinkum indignant and retorted: "Marcellin Old Boys Team of the Century thank you very much!" He was seriously offended Junior would call his cricket credentials into question. "Six centuries! Six centuries! I used to draw the stick men on my thigh pad like you, Junior!"

A few points, Andy:
1. No cricketer who is remotely any good plays Old Boys cricket, particularly not for a pissant outfit like Marcellin.
2. Marcellin Old Boys play in a really ordinary comp against about 15 teams within a 5-mile radius, including such behemoths as Deepdene AND Mont Albert AND North Balwyn AND Glen Iris AND Surrey Hills. Throw a blanket over the 500 men aged under 60 in that area.
3. Marcellin Old Boys CC was established in 1972. Team of the Century was probably named in 2000. Maaaaaaaaah probably played from when he left school in 1983, or for 17 of the 28 years of the club's existence up to that point.

In short, get the **** off your high horse you unlistenable campaigner.

Gun post.

Why can't morning radio be informative, easy listening and entertaining?

We have Triple M playing at work, and we are currently suffering Warren Tredrea. I'm not sure who's worse. The amazing things about Tredders is he talks with great authority about all matters and it's plainly obvious he knows stuff all except what's happening at Port Adelaide.

I used to listen to Breakfast radio on SEN but turned it off years ago. I couldn't stand the moronic banter between Maher, Watson and Brownless any longer, it was doing my head in.

What is it about radio that they feel they must keep employing ex-footballers, no matter how dopey they are?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back