Toast Another Great Read

Remove this Banner Ad

We won a flag this year off jack contributing 24G in 13ganes . I’ll back our recruiters to find a forward that can contribute at least that on our way to our next premiership . Read my lips , no problem
Once in a generation forward in JR8 by draft replacement...I hope so!

This is a pretty good read too ;)

Once in a generation forward in JR8 by draft replacement...I hope so!
Wrong thread probably but people seem to forget how different Lynch was with Jsck in the team as opposed to not.
We weren’t winning no flag with Jack not returning this season and a half fit one at that. That could also suggest that any role player could fill the role but there aren’t many and never have been with his football acumen and skill.

I wasn't aware Sydney had offered two first round picks for pick 3. Thank god we finally made the decision in 2005 to appoint full time recruitment manager. From memory before that Francis Jackson was still teaching a few days a week.

Gives me the shits how we get laughed at for not taking Buddy.But hardly Boo on the Dees ignoring Dusty as many times as Dusty has one the Norm Smith.

The dees have copped plenty for their draft blunders as did we, we just remember what's said about us.
But at least we had Deledio as one of our picks before Franklin as the Dees got next to nothing out of their pair before Dusty.

Also, from the article:
"When McMahon kicked that goal, Richmond fans were devestated. Only McMahon himself, Terry Wallace and Melbourne were happy."

I'm sure there were a few but I remember celebrating that win as were all the tigers at the G that day. Don't remember ever speaking to someone that was unhappy about it.

Debt$4.5 millionNone
FacilitiesOutdated, sub-standard surface at Punt Road OvalState of the art
Indigenous community involvementNoneKoran Gamadji Institute
Indigenous players17
Members37,000103,360
Finals appearancesNone since 20012013-15, 2017-19
PremiershipsNone since 19802017, 2019

Wow we still had more memebers in 2010 than north do today!

An excellent summary of the last 10 years of the Richmond Football Club. The slow but steady approach to performance improvement only works if the people who start the process have the smarts, resilience and judgement to identify and recruit appropriate colleagues to the cause. You then get to a point when the process becomes self sustaining. As the author says, our IP is an open book which any competitor can read from. All you need is the personnel to do so and good luck with that. I see one of our next challenges to be convincing authorities to increase the size of the MCG to accommodate the steady rise in RFC member numbers. Who'd have thought that Richmond would be the first AFL Club to cause the MCG to be regarded as a boutique stadium.

Nice read.

Glad he went right back to March. Genuinely tough work the rebuild of the club that he started. Benny and co have taken that and turbo charged it. But the hard work is lift off, not flight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back