Universal Love Oh captain, my captain: Cotchin retires. There will never be another.

Remove this Banner Ad

He was a sensitive guy that famously admitted to his vulnerabilities in an emotional admission...And by doing so somehow released a whole football club from their own doubts and fears to help propel them into god mode and win 3 out of the next 4 premierships.
It really was an exceptional story.
He led in many ways, none more so than his on-field actions and courage.
Well done Cotch!
And the fact that he pissed everyone else off in the process makes it all the better :p

The hardest and toughest of them all.
Yep Dusty is a freak and his 3 Normys will never be forgotten but I stand by it, No Cotch- no flags.
Can still vividly remember us playing the Lions at the dreaded Marvel in 2017 with Dusty being tagged and physically attacked with us looking as flat as a s**t carters hat
My mate and I just looked at each other in the 3rd when Cotchin just seemed to say “* this s**t!” and physically took his game and ultimately ours to another level and put the team on his shoulders.
Something changed that day and he had made the template that he used to define us and lead us to our 3 flags.
It was so tangible I’ve never felt like it at a game before and we both sort of thought “s**t… we might be actually good?”
And then you only had to see him do the very same thing in our first final v Geelong in 2017 and you knew it- Trent Cotchin was taking the Tigers to the promised land either get on and dig in, or miss out.
An absolute inspiration.

Yep Dusty is a freak and his 3 Normys will never be forgotten but I stand by it, No Cotch- no flags.
Can still vividly remember us playing the Lions at the dreaded Marvel in 2017 with Dusty being tagged and physically attacked with us looking as flat as a s**t carters hat
My mate and I just looked at each other in the 3rd when Cotchin just seemed to say “* this s**t!” and physically took his game and ultimately ours to another level and put the team on his shoulders.
Something changed that day and he had made the template that he used to define us and lead us to our 3 flags.
It was so tangible I’ve never felt like it at a game before and we both sort of thought “s**t… we might be actually good?”
And then you only had to see him do the very same thing in our first final v Geelong in 2017 and you knew it- Trent Cotchin was taking the Tigers to the promised land either get on and dig in, or miss out.
An absolute inspiration.
His Prelim vs GWS was epic

An absolute inspiration.

So well said and remembered. Though I only saw it on the telly, the feeling was similarly profound. :thumbsu:

Watching Cotch go through that transformation as a player and person to become the leader he did that season, it's hard to imagine it will ever be possible to be prouder of an individual Tiger.

It was bigger than football - an incredible lesson in where willpower can take anyone, in any situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back