PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!
I've managed to watch the replay of Saturday's match twice now and I have to say the I was so pleased to see Dids back. You wouldn't say it was a quantam leap forward but his class really stood out to me. His disposal and his decision making was pretty good for someone coming of an injury and he just looked dangerous whenever he went near the ball.

I've been saying for a while now that with a bit more class going into and inside our forward line Cloke and Dawes will start to look a lot better and I have always believed that we must have at least 2 of Dids, Krak, Caff or Johnno back and in form to make the difference we need. These guys just have the composure around the ball to improve our effectiveness going inside 50 and around the fall. There's no doubt in my mind that with composed heads returning the difference to Cloke and Dawes will be massive and I think in some small measure that was evident on Saturday.

On a number of occasions I saw little things from Dids which got me very excited. His trademark get and give in the one action as well as his dangerous penetration when coming off half forward looked like they will be a massive bonus in the coming weeks. If we can add Johnno we will go a long way to getting back into some good form but add back Krak and or Caff and I reckon some of the 2011 mojo just might start to reappear, form not withstanding. Reality says that we will be extremely lucky to get back more than one of those 3 but I have to say my mouth is watering at the prospect albeit that it's remote.

My fingers are firmly crossed that at least one or two more pieces of the puzle fall back into place in the next few weeks. If so, I rate our premiership hopes far higher than I have been.

Fitness wise BJ would be the most likely to last a full game. He has done a lot of running during his recovery. I'd love Krak back by the finals, even as a sub.

I couldn't agree more about Dids. He reads the play very, very well.

Usually someone missing that many games can't cope with the speed , he looked like he hasn't missed a beat .

Very happy to see Didak looking like he can play a part in this years finals.

That kick in the 3rd where he was about 60m out and wheeled onto his left and nailed it towards Cloke right to the top of the goal square. The Swans managed to get a couple of guys to cover Cloke but the precision and speed of the delivery was Dids of old.

He is a massive boost for us in an area we have been lacking all year. His skills are crazy.

The Collingwood end went bezerk for that goal, great moment to be apart of.

Fantastic stuff wasn't it? We've missed cool heads around the ground more than anything this year so it was great to have him back.

There were a few very significant moments in that game, some of which came off and some of which didn't but they all made me realise just how much talent the guy has got. The get and give in one motion, the volleyball tap to Sinclair, the attempted flick on from the side of the foot. This is the X-factor that Dids brings to the side. When you couple those things with his reading of the play and his disposal he is a massive weapon. Sometimes you forget just how important he is and frankly, I reckon even I had started to believe he wouldn't have an influence but I kept remembering those last couple of games before he was injured and how pleased I was to see him without shoulder strapping for the first time in a couple of years. He looked like he was moving so much better and was about to explode back into form. I reckon I was right!

Now imagine if we get one or two of BJ, Caff or Krak back and in form and you can immediately see that we potentially become twice the threat we've been for the last few months because the pressure and the double teaming comes off Cloke and Dawes. I reckon there will be a few clubs praying that doesn't happen.

I got very, very excited when he kicked that goal and I was only watching it on TV! The neighbours must have wondered what was going on.:D

How awesome would a fit and firing Didak be in the finals!
Looks to me like barring a continuation of the crap luck we've had this year you just might get your wish. As Big Kev would have said... I'm Excited!

Looks to me like barring a continuation of the crap luck we've had this year you just might get your wish. As Big Kev would have said... I'm Excited!
Surely we're due for a bit of good luck by now? It's quite amazing how we're equal top of the ladder despite our terrible run with injuries. We've got great depth!

Fingers crossed, we're over our injury troubles now. With Krak, Caff and Johnno getting a run in the VFL and Dids returning, things are looking good, and at the perfect time too; just in time for the finals!:):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we're due for a bit of good luck by now? It's quite amazing how we're equal top of the ladder despite our terrible run with injuries. We've got great depth!

Fingers crossed, we're over our injury troubles now. With Krak, Caff and Johnno getting a run in the VFL and Dids returning, things are looking good, and at the perfect time too; just in time for the finals!:):thumbsu:
Perfect time for Dids and maybe BJ but seems a fairly long shot for the other two. Still, you just never know and I think there's a good chance I might temporarily take up religion over the next couple of weeks.

Perfect time for Dids and maybe BJ but seems a fairly long shot for the other two. Still, you just never know and I think there's a good chance I might temporarily take up religion over the next couple of weeks.

Now this isn't a reflection on the way Johnson plays, he is tremendous player for the Pies and has been for many years. Johnson is a run and carry player, providing the handball run-past and delivery out of defence to hit up leading forwards or midfielders.

We have missed the run this season.

He is every chance of returning as that role often doesn't require a lot of tackling or intense involvement at the contest. Bryce Gibbs, Brendan Goddard have done it their whole careers. It's more about reading the play, having an impact when leaving your man or staying home and spoiling your opponent (in one on ones as his smaller opponent wont be flying for grabs in pack marks) and then winning the ball at ground level.

Johnson's shoulder in my opinion will be fine, caus of the role we want to see him play.

Now this isn't a reflection on the way Johnson plays, he is tremendous player for the Pies and has been for many years. Johnson is a run and carry player, providing the handball run-past and delivery out of defence to hit up leading forwards or midfielders.

He is every chance of returning as that role often doesn't require a lot of tackling or intense involvement at the contest. Bryce Gibbs, Brendan Goddard have done it their whole careers. It's more about reading the play, having an impact when leaving your man or staying home and spoiling your opponent (in one on ones as his smaller opponent wont be flying for grabs in pack marks) and then winning the ball at ground level.

Johnson's shoulder in my opinion will be fine, caus of the role we want to see him play.

That makes perfect sense.

My only hesitation is that in his player review Tarks mentioned that whilst BJ hasn't lost fitness, his reading of the play was "rusty"... I genuinely hope that can be restored by the finals because as you mentioned it is a critical factor in his style of play, and to our success.

Throw in BJ down back and mcCaffer in the forward line. BJ would give us extra run and allow either harry or shaw be more attacking. He can play on the small forwards better then Harry O.

Caf was great as a leading forward in 2010. He made his opponent accountable so no one dropped of him to go third man up. We get these two back playing well look out.

Pretty much my reason for believing he's a better chance than the other two. Apart from anything else, touch can take more than time to return than fitness and BJ's fitness will not have fallen away as much as the other two. It's a big ask for any of them but you'd have to admit that Krak and Caff are seriously behind the eight ball.

Didak is a star, and his game is based on skill.

He has never been the quickest bloke going, never been the most ferocious at the ball....his weapons have been ability to find space and then his disposal. Not sure why so many pies fans were so quick to write him off??

BJ is the other who we need back, his run off half back is under-rated, although his absence has some what seen his value to the team become more obvious.

Krak and Macaff....sure if fit and in form they would prob be best 22....but they are both coming from a long way back....and would have to push out Goldsack, Elliott, Fas or Sinclair....

Krak might be an upgrade on Sinclair in terms of attack, but a big downgrade in terms of defensive pressure.

Yes, thanks pal!
Will have to get use to this. Especially as my picture is a soccer ballo_O
There's a technical reason for why it's a soccer ball. The design of this forum is based off a soccer forum, and I guess they haven't changed it. Hey, at least it's black and white!:p

You can easily change it by going to this page:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/avatar
Then click the browse button and choose a picture from your computer, and then click "modify avatar".

I hope you stick around here for a while, especially in the lead up to our 16th flag!:D

There's a technical reason for why it's a soccer ball. The design of this forum is based off a soccer forum, and I guess they haven't changed it. Hey, at least it's black and white!:p

You can easily change it by going to this page:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/avatar
Then click the browse button and choose a picture from your computer, and then click "modify avatar".

I hope you stick around here for a while, especially in the lead up to our 16th flag!:D
Thanks mate, appreciate that.
yeah looks like i will, some pretty interesting discussions on here, one last question, i dont understand what it means by points, where it says ''Likes'' and 'Posts''??

Thanks mate, appreciate that.
yeah looks like i will, some pretty interesting discussions on here, one last question, i dont understand what it means by points, where it says ''Likes'' and 'Posts''??
Points are just virtual "trophies" you get for posting and getting "likes" on here. As far I know, they don't really mean anything. Can anyone else help me out here?:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back