Another year of bedding in the new players

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it worked against Swans (plan) and Hawks (necessity) but I feel it is a waste when he’s not in the thick of the action.
You just got to say to yourself, when we play someone like Richmond would you be happy if they played Martin in the forward line for the whole game? answer would definitely be yes.

How often has he let us down at FF so far cf times that he hasn't?
I can think of 2 excellent pressure games- v Swans final -BOG, v Hawks- BOG on 1 foot
He would have to be a natural choice for ff, leaving Hawk at CHF, and letting Sav see if he has anything to offer.
Danger only lets us down with haphazard kicking when on the burst. He is an ok kick for goal, and a brilliant mark. He is peerless at being able to get the ball from a contest.

As a full forward? Just about every game this year when he was played there. It was tried a fair bit.

I've written this previously. Clubs aren't stupid. They don't put half back flankers or resting midfielders on him now. It's key defenders immediately. And he is not a natural choice for full forward - he's not big enough. The first time we played Richmond he had Rance for company for over an hour. He touched the ball four times for 0 goals.

He kicked 24 goals this year. If you'd like to list the times he delivered at full forward this year I'd love to hear them. Because I can't remember any.

He's a midfielder. That's why he was recruited, that's where he won a Brownlow and it's where he is a legitimate star. Putting him elsewhere weakens the midfield and he doesn't kick enough goals to justify it.

As a full forward? Just about every game this year when he was played there. It was tried a fair bit.

I've written this previously. Clubs aren't stupid. They don't put half back flankers or resting midfielders on him now. It's key defenders immediately. And he is not a natural choice for full forward - he's not big enough. The first time we played Richmond he had Rance for company for over an hour. He touched the ball four times for 0 goals.

He kicked 24 goals this year. If you'd like to list the times he delivered at full forward this year I'd love to hear them. Because I can't remember any.

He's a midfielder. That's why he was recruited, that's where he won a Brownlow and it's where he is a legitimate star. Putting him elsewhere weakens the midfield and he doesn't kick enough goals to justify it.
I'll accept your superior knowledge of Danger and our setup. Tbh, I can only name the few occasions I already have where it worked for him as a KF. I have the same faulty memory of Stanley as a KF. It is becoming a quaint concept to play your best player in his best spot.
Nobody will be able to do a GASnr with that success- not even junior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back