New roles for Lloyd, Mackie and Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Prob the most interesting part of the release, he seemed perfect for the role. Be interesting to see who steps into that position.
I would have thought he keeps recruitment. I know it was mentioned but I think that is because it is part if the list management portfolio (I think it reports to Mackie now?). Maybe I am wrong?

Interesting. Lloyd moved sidewise? Looks like the club didn't like his injury reports either. ;)

He went for the North CEO role didn't he? Either he thinks he needs more experience on the business side of things to get a role like that moving forward or the club think he won't be around for the long term so grooming Mackie while he is still around to help.

What do people think in terms of whether this will have any material change on strategy?

Will Mackie have a different view than Lloyd on how to run football? In terms of match committee decisions etc?

Or just more of the same?

Hmm! Think this might have a bit to do with broadening Lloyd's experience with the view to readying him for a CEO post. Came close to getting the Norf job apparently. Not sure we should be providing on-the-job training that will benefit another club.

Congrats to Mackie. Prefer these key roles to go via the market though.

Wonder who will replace him in recruiting.

Great to see the back of Lloyd from footy department.

Lloyd negotiating a business deal:

“So how much is this going to cost us Simon?”

“Medium dollars”

“Medium dollars”

Do you think Mackie will be more Lloyd or Balme in his approach and all injury reports will now be, "2-weeks"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went for the North CEO role didn't he? Either he thinks he needs more experience on the business side of things to get a role like that moving forward or the club think he won't be around for the long term so grooming Mackie while he is still around to help.
It's a win win move.

Lloyd will be a club CEO eventually. We're doing the right thing by him broadening his experience and there's a good chance he'll be our CEO at some point in the future. And Mackie as a young head of football has a senior head to call on until Lloyd likely moves on to bigger things.

Looks like they're combing the administration of the Men's and Women's teams.

If the amount purported about the wages in the AFLW hold true then the competition is likely to be close to fully professional by the end of the new bargaining agreement.

Looks like they're combing the administration of the Men's and Women's teams.

If the amount purported about the wages in the AFLW hold true then the competition is likely to be close to fully professional by the end of the new bargaining agreement.
Is there a cap on the women’s?

“Medium dollars”

Cracking Up Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Hmm! Think this might have a bit to do with broadening Lloyd's experience with the view to readying him for a CEO post. Came close to getting the Norf job apparently. Not sure we should be providing on-the-job training that will benefit another club.

Congrats to Mackie. Prefer these key roles to go via the market though.

Wonder who will replace him in recruiting.
That's how it is done these days. Very few decent workplaces have the "this is the job for the next 30 years so sit here and do it. Don't have any ambitions or get ahead of yourself" attitude anymore. Some places have pride in that their employees leave for better positions, and they helped them get there. Both Stuart Fox and Justin Reeves left us for CEO jobs at the Hawks.

Obviously Lyoyd had to be looked at… after that season. Grigg out and Mackie moved… at least they’re on the front foot despite untouchable Scott not being able to be touched just yet. Hmmm … S. Hocking would need to be looked at if pre season is not excellent!

Obviously Lyoyd had to be looked at… after that season. Grigg out and Mackie moved… at least they’re on the front foot despite untouchable Scott not being able to be touched just yet. Hmmm … S. Hocking would need to be looked at if pre season is not excellent!

Hocking isn't going anywhere

Besides, at the moment he's busy dealing with important things like extending Scott's contract

This seems to give a bit more insight into the new roles for Mackie & Johnson:

His ex-teammate Andrew Mackie has been promoted from list manager to football boss, with Brett Johnson tapped to be his assistant.

The pair will oversee AFL, AFLW, VFL, VFLW and list management, medical, performance, player welfare and development.

“I’m excited for this new opportunity to expand beyond list management and more broadly help to shape the football department’s ongoing growth and success,” Mackie said.

“There are already strong foundations that have been set on and off the field, and I’m looking forward to working closely with staff and players across men’s and women’s as we collectively drive our programs forward.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back