Anthony Mundine vs Sugar Shane Mosely

Remove this Banner Ad

For a man who has thrived on his own ego through two sporting careers - rugby & boxing - Mundine is surprisingly & uncharacteristically subdued in the lead up to this fight. Perhaps he has weight issues? Perhaps knowing that win or lose he isn't going to make any money is having an effect?

In the press conference video - see the shortcut below - Mundine looks and sounds like a guy lacking in confidence and perhaps headed for defeat >

www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/11/25/mundine-goes-quiet-ahead-fight

For a man who has thrived on his own ego through two sporting careers - rugby & boxing - Mundine is surprisingly & uncharacteristically subdued in the lead up to this fight. Perhaps he has weight issues? Perhaps knowing that win or lose he isn't going to make any money is having an effect?

In the press conference video - see the shortcut below - Mundine looks and sounds like a guy lacking in confidence and perhaps headed for defeat >

www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/11/25/mundine-goes-quiet-ahead-fight

I was reading yesterday that if Mundine weighs over the set limit, Mosley won't fight. When sugar headed home the first time they should of let him stay there

I was reading yesterday that if Mundine weighs over the set limit, Mosley won't fight. When sugar headed home the first time they should of let him stay there

No doubt the way Golden Boy do business, if Mundine doesn't make weight Mosely won't be going home empty handed.

The way Mundine came across in that video it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't make weight. That just wasn't a focussed & prepared Mundine on display IMO.

I just watched the vid, Looks like a bloke who knows he just lost ALOT OF MONEY :p

this is from that same article. I found this interesting to say the least.

The only fight featuring two fighters relatively evenly matched fighters, other than the main event, is Joseph Kwadjo (21-6) against Renold Quinlan (5-0) and NRL player Blake Ferguson on debut against fellow debutant Luke Turner.
The eight fight card will now be seven, or maybe six fights.
For Mundine, the dream is a crack at supremely gifted WBA super welterweight Floyd Mayweather, indisputably the world's best pound for pound boxer.

I am not even going to comment on the mayweather idea.......Ok I will, It is ludicrous.

this is from that same article. I found this interesting to say the least.

I am not even going to comment on the mayweather idea.......Ok I will, It is ludicrous.

I'd give Paul Kent the benefit of the doubt on that one. I think it's a tongue-in-cheek joke aimed at Mundine. He did say "dream", and that's all it is.

Everybody who follows the sport knows Mundine isn't even on Mayweather's radar. Never has been and very likely never will be :)

I'd give Paul Kent the benefit of the doubt on that one. I think it's a tongue-in-cheek joke aimed at Mundine. He did say "dream", and that's all it is.

Everybody who follows the sport knows Mundine isn't even on Mayweather's radar. Never has been and very likely never will be :)

It's beyond ridiculous to suggest that he would be. That's what pissed me off about Mundine refusing the Trout fight, now a win against him would have got him into at least the ball park of Floyd, then maybe another couple of big fights (and wins) may have got him there. No way he would have beaten Trout though, and he knew it, so he shirked that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone could pm me a stream to see the fight that would be great! Although I want to see this fight I can't really justify paying for it.
Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back