Boxing Tim Tszyu vs Keith Thurman

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

This is a big card for Aussie boxing, actually checked and Tszyu's fight is not for his WBO title. Really feels like they're trying to set Tim up to get a name in the US and get some big fights, Thurman is a great opponent as he's been inactive and only lost once to a legend.

I'm not confident on Zerafa's chances but you never know, and imagine he wins and he and Tszyu end up finally duking it out on the main stage?

Good fights on the rest of the card too, this one will be unmissable. Available through Prime video too via PBC, will be interesting how PPV deals change here on in.

EDIT: I just watched the press conference, Keith Thurman was both funny and cringey, so many third person references ha ha

Danny Garcia was offered the fight? But they opted to go with Thurman instead. It's a good decision tbh as it's his first fight in Vegas and Thurman is less dangerous. I completely see Boxing now for what it is, it's a business. Smarts and money over brawn.

Bigger Fights come later. Tick up your resume and your bank balance. No need to be a hero.

Thurman a bigger name as well as cheaper making the fight more viable. Be the same result either way, Tim beats both
Is he though? Tim would beat both but Thurman has what, 2 fights in the last 5 years? Danny Garcia imo a much tougher fight.

It still ends in KO though. Just he'd last maybe 8 rounds+ imo but inevitably gets stopped.

Is he though? Tim would beat both but Thurman has what, 2 fights in the last 5 years? Danny Garcia imo a much tougher fight.

It still ends in KO though. Just he'd last maybe 8 rounds+ imo but inevitably gets stopped.
Yeah I think more people know who Thurman is than Garcia. Garcia only fought twice in 4 years, one of those a loss and he lost to Thurman...

Neither are mega important fights for Tim, Charlo is the one we all wanted. Thurman is a nice name to tick off until that happens and has a pretty awkward style

Alot of the boxing landscape from 154-175 is in a holding pattern of sorts. Either waiting for the Canelo pay day or a Saudi one...

Yeah I think more people know who Thurman is than Garcia. Garcia only fought twice in 4 years, one of those a loss and he lost to Thurman...

Neither are mega important fights for Tim, Charlo is the one we all wanted. Thurman is a nice name to tick off until that happens and has a pretty awkward style

Alot of the boxing landscape from 154-175 is in a holding pattern of sorts. Either waiting for the Canelo pay day or a Saudi one...
There you go mate see I just come on here and you guys do the job for me. I didn't know that about Garca I got to be more up to date with the game. He's just as inactive himself and even lost to Thurman by god I'm an amateur. Yeah that Charlo is a dog and you're right about Canelo and the Saudi's.

They're all waiting for that one big meal ticket. I don't blame them. Look at Braywshaw from the Dees you don't know what's going to happen later on in life or even during the fight.

There you go mate see I just come on here and you guys do the job for me. I didn't know that about Garca I got to be more up to date with the game. He's just as inactive himself and even lost to Thurman by god I'm an amateur. Yeah that Charlo is a dog and you're right about Canelo and the Saudi's.

They're all waiting for that one big meal ticket. I don't blame them. Look at Braywshaw from the Dees you don't know what's going to happen later on in life or even during the fight.

This is very true, and your plans get disrupted when you have a loss. Joshua was a classic example, took a fight with Miller when Wilder negotiations broke down. Miller pisses hot and Ruiz knocks out AJ as a late replacement. Wilder quickly negotiates with Fury, they have a classic fight which becomes a trilogy and they both earn shitloads, then AJ runs into Usyk etc

This is very true, and your plans get disrupted when you have a loss. Joshua was a classic example, took a fight with Miller when Wilder negotiations broke down. Miller pisses hot and Ruiz knocks out AJ as a late replacement. Wilder quickly negotiates with Fury, they have a classic fight which becomes a trilogy and they both earn shitloads, then AJ runs into Usyk etc
They all want to have that mega fight to earn shitloads then refuse to fight one another. The lightweight division is a great example

How the hell have Tank, Shakur, Haney all avoided each other?!

There just isn't many Usyks around any more. Anywhere, any time!

That said I think promoters are the problem here rather than fighters. I'm sure Shakur would fight any of them but Arum wants to 'marinate' the fights.

They all want to have that mega fight to earn shitloads then refuse to fight one another. The lightweight division is a great example

That said I think promoters are the problem here rather than fighters. I'm sure Shakur would fight any of them but Arum wants to 'marinate' the fights.
'' Chef '' Arum.

Aussie boxing fans will know the name, but Blake Caparello fights this weekend. Had no idea he was still active but last fight in Thailand

Always had a soft spot for him since he knocked out glass chin Broadhurst at decent odds 6-7 years ago

Kambosos is one of the only other ones who does this, real shame.

One advantage the UFC has over boxing is that the big fights happen in the main. If Fury and Joshua were in the UFC they'd probably have had a trilogy by now, as it is in boxing they'll fight but one or both will be over the hill by then.

Kambosos is one of the only other ones who does this, real shame.

One advantage the UFC has over boxing is that the big fights happen in the main. If Fury and Joshua were in the UFC they'd probably have had a trilogy by now, as it is in boxing they'll fight but one or both will be over the hill by then.
I think this is overblown tbh. UFC have missed out on many big fights due to not wanting to pay someone...

Cejudo retired because they wouldn't pay him, Ngannou v Jones, Spider v GSP, Jones v Spider, and so on. They definitely get more done due to less fingers in the pie (boxing has competing boradcasters to deal with, multiple promoters etc) but UFC making the biggest fights all the time is also a bit of a myth. They make the biggest fights within their strict budget which has its own problem

Boxers are paid too much, that actually is a problem. Can't be having random Uzbekis with 400 IG followers earning 6 figures. But if the Excellent Turki wants to make Bivil/Beterbiev, Fury/Usyk etc then throw all the money around you need to!

Aussie boxing fans will know the name, but Blake Caparello fights this weekend. Had no idea he was still active but last fight in Thailand

Always had a soft spot for him since he knocked out glass chin Broadhurst at decent odds 6-7 years ago
That's right I saw this last week. I can't believe he's still fighting he's a good boxer. I thought he would have gone further to be honest had had some good skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is overblown tbh. UFC have missed out on many big fights due to not wanting to pay someone...

Cejudo retired because they wouldn't pay him, Ngannou v Jones, Spider v GSP, Jones v Spider, and so on. They definitely get more done due to less fingers in the pie (boxing has competing boradcasters to deal with, multiple promoters etc) but UFC making the biggest fights all the time is also a bit of a myth. They make the biggest fights within their strict budget which has its own problem

Boxers are paid too much, that actually is a problem. Can't be having random Uzbekis with 400 IG followers earning 6 figures. But if the Excellent Turki wants to make Bivil/Beterbiev, Fury/Usyk etc then throw all the money around you need to!

Absolutely, the contracts must get bloody complicated, I get some visibility of the goings on at my gym and it sounds ****ed to get something done.

This Saudi sportswashing seems to be working though I must say, if they can make Bivol v Beterbiev for me I'm ok with that.

Absolutely, the contracts must get bloody complicated, I get some visibility of the goings on at my gym and it sounds ****ed to get something done.

This Saudi sportswashing seems to be working though I must say, if they can make Bivol v Beterbiev for me I'm ok with that.
and that's just locally. Imagine on the world stage, be a head* to get deals done i rekn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back