Anyone get a call from a player today?

Remove this Banner Ad

I did have a missed call I traced to the North Melbourne area. Shame I thought it was spam.

Me too. I don't usually answer the phone if it's not a number I recognise but I was at work and coudn't take the call anyway.

Me too. I don't usually answer the phone if it's not a number I recognise but I was at work and coudn't take the call anyway.

Which number did you get a call from or was it private?

I got a text from Shane Warne I think he got the wrong number

Many years ago when I barracked for NM, I got a call from a woman (not Fat Stav) in Ivanhoe requesting a plumber of some sort. Her exact words were "I need a plumber". I'll never forget it. I asked her if she was associated with NMFC and she began panting, and advised me that she was playing with her cat, in no uncertain terms. Now I'm not one to cast diversions, but there wasn't one moment of gratitude from her that i sold all my raffle tickets to a guy working at Bob Blinks Ford.

Last edited:
No wonder why we are like 2nd total in postings out of all clubs. Take that Richmond with all your so called supporter numbers and the amount of crap you must talk after so many failures. Hmmph!

I got a call from Mason Wood - thought he was going to try to sell me raffle tickets, which what has usually happened when I've had calls from players in the past. But it was a nice gesture thanking me for being a member for 25 years.

Good to see the club doing this - I'll always renew my membership, so they'll get my money, but it's nice to see them going an extra step for loyal members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got a call from Mason Wood - thought he was going to try to sell me raffle tickets, which what has usually happened when I've had calls from players in the past. But it was a nice gesture thanking me for being a member for 25 years.

Good to see the club doing this - I'll always renew my membership, so they'll get my money, but it's nice to see them going an extra step for loyal members.

I've read this a few times and still can't seem to find the gag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I actually got the call from big Preussy.

It started out really well and he came across as a most impressive young man. But just as he was getting to the reason why he called the connection abruptly cut out. This was followed by a brief period of 'hold' music before an automated voice that sounded like a robotic Brad Scott joined the music. It said:

'We appreciate your patience. We think Preussy is a great conversationalist but there's just not room for him on the line at the moment. Please hold and we will connect you to someone else soon.'

This persisted for a number of hours as I grew increasingly impatient. Just as I had had enough and was about to hang up, the connection re-established itself. Naturally, I was delighted. I was looking forward to hearing from Preussy again. Instead, much to my chagrin, what I got was a cacophony of jarring noise and competing conversation as they managed to connect me to Ben Brown, Majak Daw, Jarrad Waite, Mason Wood and a 7 year old school girl who, incongruously, said her name was Todd all at the same time.

Finally, exasperated, I just put the phone down, hoping that I wouldn't hear from him when I move to Queensland next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back