Sweet Undies

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2008
I MELT POSTERS INTO OBLIVION
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Team Stephen Shavedham
Just wondering if anyone watches the other code footy show and if so what do you think of it??

I think it takes a huge s**t on the AFL footy show inregards to humour. The only thing the AFL has going for it is Sam. NRL have players involved in skits and the players they have on the panel actually are funny most of the time.

AFL footy show bores the **** out of me yet I watch the s**t each week and always say 'why do I watch this snot'!!

Hasn't been worth watching for a while.
This is gold though.
The whole interview Lincoln Lewis is hanging out back stage. So awkward.
[YOUTUBE]W0-Aar8y3Hw[/YOUTUBE]

Show was at its peak in the first half of last decade when you had a lineup of Vautin/Sterling/Harragon/Johns as hosts.

I haven't watched it for a couple of years, it's gone downhill a lot.

The NRL Footy Show has gone downhill since Matty Johns left, he was the main reason I watched it. His Reg Reagan segments were hilarious and he had some other funny characters as well. Beau Ryan is just a poor man's Matty Johns and nowhere near as funny.

A pity Seven axed the Matty Johns show after just one season as that was quality too. I guess with the AFL equivalent The Bounce failing so badly it made it difficult for them to keep it going.

They both have good and bad points but the one thing that the nrl footy show has the afl footy show doesnt is Beau Ryan hands down he is one of the funniest sportsmen in Australia.

He is like the shane crawford of the nrl footy show but a hell of a lot funnier( and im not saying the crawf isnt funny btw).

If anyone is looking for a laugh check out Beau knows on youtube particullarly Beau knows afl it is a comparison between afl and nrl one of his funniest bits he has done.

Here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQFTORvXEcA

Hmm, you don't watch something for a couple of years but say its gone downhill. Tell me more about how you qualify that opinion?
You cut out the part of my post where I said it was best up until around 2006. It has gone downhill since then, culminating in my decision to stop watching a couple of years ago.

Reading is fundamental.

I actually agree that the NRL show isn't as funny as it used to be. It's still funnier than the AFL show which says alot for the AFL. Other than Sam the AFL show is bland!

Agree. Takes a massive dump on the AFL footy show. The skits are always a good laugh, and Beau Ryan is a pisser.

The stuff you may have missed segment with the Big Mahn is great aswell.

I don't follow NRL at all but find the NRL footy show really funny.

Is he the dude that went to New Zealand the other week and told some bird he was some NZ star trying to get her to go out with him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You cut out the part of my post where I said it was best up until around 2006. It has gone downhill since then, culminating in my decision to stop watching a couple of years ago.

Reading is fundamental.
No I read that but it doesn't hide the fact how do you know it hasnt come back up the hill in past two years. Beau Ryan and Stuff You May Have Missed is pretty good. Where I live I only get the NRL footy show on TV so I watch it, it's not as good as it was 5-10 years ago but there is more comedy stuff in the past year or two and its bringing the show back.

Out of laziness I sometimes don't move from the TV and keep watching the NRL show. Is pretty funny with good hosts and natural chemistry

It's not bad but geez, you would think they would get players on who can string a sentence together. On the other hand I doubt there would be too many rugby leagues players who can do that.

It's not bad but geez, you would think they would get players on who can string a sentence together. On the other hand I doubt there would be too many rugby leagues players who can do that.

Small Talk, Beau knows and Stuff you may have missed pisses all over the AFl Footy show.

Just thought of another funny segmant.

Not sure what its called, but the "big mahn" goes to local junior rugby clubs and talks to all the little kids. Kids always come out with the most classic answers to his questions.

Top segmant:thumbsu:.

AFL show have street talk, Sams mailbag WOW:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back