Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did anyone go to training and hear a loud cheer:praying:

Date Posted: 11:58 30/07/17 Sun
Author: Bucket
Author Host/IP: c114-76-117-36.sunsh2.vic.optusnet.com.au / 114.76.117.36
Subject: Daicos and Cox playing VFL. Cal Brown held over for Seniors

No Diacos this week. Unfortunately. Again Bucks going grunt over class.

No Diacos this week. Unfortunately. Again Bucks going grunt over class.

Yep. IF you are a Classy Player you Struggle to get a Game under Bucks. He rather Grunt then Class

Training Report Thursday 10th August, 2017
Sunny with a savage north wind. 16C
Not Training:
Levi Greenwood
Chris Mayne
Scott Pendlebury
Travis Varcoe
Ben Sinclair
Ben Crocker
Henry Shade
Adam Oxley
Limited Training:
Rupert Wills
Mitch McCarthy

One of the most enjoyable training sessions I’ve attended. Most observers stood on the social club side seeking shelter from the wind. Here it was almost spring-like in the sunshine.

A boy, perhaps three years old, climbs under the fence in front of me and sits on the grass. He wears a Collingwood guernsey and carefully unpacks his Tupperware container of ham sandwiches. He settles in for the session.

Beside me, a girl, aged 6 or 7 chats to her very patient dad. She knows all of the players and keeps up a steady commentary throughout.

I arrived at about 9:50 and players were beginning to amble out onto the track. Daniel Wells was one of the last players to emerge and I decided to keep a close eye on him.

At first, during the warm up drills, he appeared rather ginger and didn’t really stretch or stride out with any confidence, but as the session progressed, he did everything asked of him.

Bucks had a chat with Daniel towards the end of training as they stood at the Yarra end. They broke with a laugh. I suspect he’ll play.

Rupert Wills on the other hand, ran 200m, 150m and 50m drills for the whole session. He didn’t take part in any group work and left the track after about 90 minutes. Doubt he’ll be playing this week.

The drills were all designed to sharpen the reflexes and there was no end-to-end match play.

At one stage Brenton Sanderson brought a group over to the social club side and supervised a tackling drill. All players eventually rotated through this drill and noticeably emphasis was tackling around the torso under the arms and not losing footing. No players ended up on the ground and this session. This is obviously a result of dangerous tackling interpretations over the last couple of weeks.

Early in the session Bucks took the players down to the Yarra end where they huddled together and let out a loud, excited cry. I wondered on Twitter whether Bucks had announced a debutant. One wag suggested in reply that Bucks may have told the group that he was staying on for a further stint as coach.

At the end of the session I asked Bucks if there’d be any debutants and this was his reply.
“We’ll be having a Match Committee meeting later this afternoon. Not decided yet. Doubtful though.”
That seems pretty clear that Daics will have to wait a while longer.

As regards cult-figure Kayle Kirby, he needs another pre-season in my opinion. He’s strong and talented, but is still carrying too much around the middle. Hopefully he turns up for the pre-season in better shape than last year.

Ruck drills today involved Mason Cox, Darcy Moore and rookie Max Lynch.

There was plenty of practise of goal kicking by the forwards group today. Most of it involved snapping on the run from 50 metres.

At the conclusion of training Bucks took ten minutes to fill in a survey for a school-boy. He took this task very seriously. As this was happening I struck up a conversation with a couple beside me. They had travelled down from Queensland and today was their 21st anniversary. She told me that her husband had kept Nathan’s picture in his wallet for the first five years of their marriage before she got the spot.

As they posed for pics with Nathan, she told him the story. Quick as a flash Bucks turned to the husband and said,
“What, you took me out?”

Bucks spent longer than any body signing autographs, posing for snaps and chatting to supporters. I’ve never seen a coach so generous with his time.

Hairstyle Notes:
Elliott has got rid of the bogan blonde look and is now a light auburn. Much nicer Billy!
Darcy Moore's hair remains black. With his pale skin he looks vampire like.
Braydon Sier (@SierBray) always Mr. Stylish of the list, has gone for the Thai military zero fade cut.

That’s a wrap. Happy to answer any questions you may have.
Neil

Not Training:
Levi Greenwood
Chris Mayne
Scott Pendlebury
Travis Varcoe
Ben Sinclair
Ben Crocker
Henry Shade
Adam Oxley
Limited Training:
Rupert Wills
Mitch McCarthy

One of the most enjoyable training sessions I’ve attended. Most observers stood on the social club side seeking shelter from the wind. Here it was almost spring-like in the sunshine.

A boy, perhaps three years old, climbs under the fence in front of me and sits on the grass. He wears a Collingwood guernsey and carefully unpacks his Tupperware container of ham sandwiches. He settles in for the session.

Beside me, a girl, aged 6 or 7 chats to her very patient dad. She knows all of the players and keeps up a steady commentary throughout.

I arrived at about 9:50 and players were beginning to amble out onto the track. Daniel Wells was one of the last players to emerge and I decided to keep a close eye on him.

At first, during the warm up drills, he appeared rather ginger and didn’t really stretch or stride out with any confidence, but as the session progressed, he did everything asked of him.

Bucks had a chat with Daniel towards the end of training as they stood at the Yarra end. They broke with a laugh. I suspect he’ll play.

Rupert Wills on the other hand, ran 200m, 150m and 50m drills for the whole session. He didn’t take part in any group work and left the track after about 90 minutes. Doubt he’ll be playing this week.

The drills were all designed to sharpen the reflexes and there was no end-to-end match play.

At one stage Brenton Sanderson brought a group over to the social club side and supervised a tackling drill. All players eventually rotated through this drill and noticeably emphasis was tackling around the torso under the arms and not losing footing. No players ended up on the ground and this session. This is obviously a result of dangerous tackling interpretations over the last couple of weeks.

Early in the session Bucks took the players down to the Yarra end where they huddled together and let out a loud, excited cry. I wondered on Twitter whether Bucks had announced a debutant. One wag suggested in reply that Bucks may have told the group that he was staying on for a further stint as coach.

At the end of the session I asked Bucks if there’d be any debutants and this was his reply.
“We’ll be having a Match Committee meeting later this afternoon. Not decided yet. Doubtful though.”

As regards cult-figure Kayle Kirby, he needs another pre-season in my opinion. He’s strong and talented, but is still carrying too much around the middle. Hopefully he turns up for the pre-season in better shape than last year.

There was plenty of practise of goal kicking by the forwards group today. Most of it involved snapping on the run from 50 metres.

At the conclusion of training Bucks took ten minutes to fill in a survey for a school-boy. He took this task very seriously. As this was happening I struck up a conversation with a couple beside me. They had travelled down from Queensland and today was their 21st anniversary. She told me that her husband had kept Nathan’s picture in his wallet for the first five years of their marriage before she got the spot.

As they posed for pics with Nathan, she told him the story. Quick as a flash Bucks turned to the husband and said,
“What, you took me out?”

Bucks spent longer than any body signing autographs, posing for snaps and chatting to supporters. I’ve never seen a coach so generous with his time.

Hairstyle Notes:
Elliott has got rid of the bogan blonde look and is now a light auburn. Much nicer Billy!
Braydon Sier (@SierBray) always Mr. Stylish of the list, has gone for the Thai military zero fade cut.

Neil

Awesome work Mazzarjo.

I have decided that Darcy is channeling R Pattinson. I hope his marking remains better than R Pat's acting.

Not Training:
Levi Greenwood
Chris Mayne
Scott Pendlebury
Travis Varcoe
Ben Sinclair
Ben Crocker
Henry Shade
Adam Oxley
Limited Training:
Rupert Wills
Mitch McCarthy

“What, you took me out?”

Hairstyle Notes:

Neil

Excellent job as always Mazza. As a matter of interest, what were our other assistant coaches doing while all this is going on ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent job as always Mazza. As a matter of interest, what were our other assistant coaches doing while all this is going on ?
Looking at their phone for jobs on the Seek app.

Not Training:
Levi Greenwood
Chris Mayne
Scott Pendlebury
Travis Varcoe
Ben Sinclair
Ben Crocker
Henry Shade
Adam Oxley
Limited Training:
Rupert Wills
Mitch McCarthy

“What, you took me out?”

Hairstyle Notes:

Neil
I love Bucks for that reason, and that's why no one outside of Collingwood would truly know how great he is.

They were all present Mukesh. Anthony Rocca did ruck drills, Sanderson did tackling, Tarkyn Lockyer was with the goal kickers and Harvey supervised a backline group that was of huge and noisy interest to the players. It seemed that had to take possession and then kick to a teammate at point blank range. They got really stuck into the players who dropped the ball. At one stage the whole group descended upon a laughing, backwards- running Tom Phillips. This was the noisiest drill of the year I reckon. Jared Rivers was not there today or if he was, I overlooked him.

They were all present Mukesh. Anthony Rocca did ruck drills, Sanderson did tackling, Tarkyn Lockyer was with the goal kickers and Harvey supervised a backline group that was of huge and noisy interest to the players. It seemed that had to take possession and then kick to a teammate at point blank range. They got really stuck into the players who dropped the ball. At one stage the whole group descended upon a laughing, backwards- running Tom Phillips. This was the noisiest drill of the year I reckon. Jared Rivers was not there today or if he was, I overlooked him.

Cool, thanks mate... as someone who lives overseas your reports provide a valuable lifeline to reality..

In a disappointing year, these reports have been a highlight.
Thanks Cleomenes much appreciated. I write them for people like you who are not able to get to training. Other people did this in the past over at Nick's BB when I lived overseas and I was always very grateful that they did so.

Awesome work Mazzarjo.

I have decided that Darcy is channeling R Pattinson. I hope his marking remains better than R Pat's acting.
You saying he is Edward Cullen?

Thanks Cleomenes much appreciated. I write them for people like you who are not able to get to training. Other people did this in the past over at Nick's BB when I lived overseas and I was always very grateful that they did so.
Great report as always.

Love all the personal touches as well, makes you feel like you're almost there.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back