Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After being told Elliott had just a minor strain about 4 times last year & not getting a single senior game out of him I think we have reason to be concerned. Even in December. If it was any player besides Elliott or Moore then we probably wouldn’t. He has had post season surgery & been to the so called German hammy guru & is still having issues.

After being told Elliott had just a minor strain about 4 times last year & not getting a single senior game out of him I think we have reason to be concerned. Even in December. If it was any player besides Elliott or Moore then we probably wouldn’t. He has had post season surgery & been to the so called German hammy guru & is still having issues.
But nothing has been said about him having a strain, for God's sake. Moore and Elliott went to that German doctor for advice on a number of things including on how to manage loads correctly. If Elliott is not back training at the first session next year THEN we have reason to be concerned.

But a lot of players are on managed programs prior to Christmas.

If he's going for scans it's a concern.
Possibly, but there is a growing push for athletes to have regular scans to monitor changes in their bodies and to early detect problems, especially those that have been vulnerable - apparently Arsenal do this for instance. Albeit, the cost of such scans is prohibitive and may get caught up in non-salary cap spend restrictions, meaning the cost can be even higher if we get hit with an AFL 'luxury tax' on football department spend of sorts I believe.
Also more work is being done at the Club around educating/coaching some players to stop playing injured and give their bodies a rest before further, longer term damage is done. I believe that Kevin White is now feeling more confident on reading players pain thresholds, understanding their individual loads etc and communicating with them, having taken the helm for the full season now.

But nothing has been said about him having a strain, for God's sake. Moore and Elliott went to that German doctor for advice on a number of things including on how to manage loads correctly. If Elliott is not back training at the first session next year THEN we have reason to be concerned.

But a lot of players are on managed programs prior to Christmas.

I guess we will see early next year then PS. Would be more than happy for my pessimism to be misplaced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No injuries in today's session?

Imma celebrate by heading out tonight for a few drinks re.. high humidity.. so have lined up a short and long sleeve shirt.. decide when I get home I suppose. You manicure line up your beard for a trim.. try on different combos of outfits during the week.. only to realise it's gonna rain and s**t re.. taking an umbrella to walk 10 meters from the uber to the club.. then dumping the umbrella at the front of the club.. worth $12 I'd say.. bugger getting my hair and clothes wet before getting in.. it would play on my mind for the rest of the night re..

Sorry.. made the assumption they were training today.. not aware of times.. they're coming back on my name day re.. respect!
No worries. Yeah, they trained monday and tuesday, with the latter being their last day. First week back they head to Gold Coast for pre season camp. The things you overhear when attend training sessions lol

No worries. Yeah, they trained monday and tuesday, with the latter being their last day. First week back they head to Gold Coast for pre season camp. The things you overhear when attend training sessions lol

What do expect to hear when 40 blokes are training and not answering questions with politically correct answers for the camera?

Happy New Year everybody. The boys return from the Christmas break on Monday. My understanding is they will be meeting to discuss the trip to the Gold Coast but not actually working on the track. Can anybody confirm that this is correct? If not I'm heading down for a look.

Happy New Year everybody. The boys return from the Christmas break on Monday. My understanding is they will be meeting to discuss the trip to the Gold Coast but not actually working on the track. Can anybody confirm that this is correct? If not I'm heading down for a look.
Don’t know what they’d be meeting about. Now that Blairy’s retired surely they don’t need to arrange for someone to bring floaties with them to the water parks?

I've heard they are back Monday as well, but I'm not sure about when they're training on the track. I might go down and see, if not, no harm done.

Eta: No training tomorrow. Confirmed via Nathan Murphy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back