Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Training Report: Wednesday Jan 9, 2019
Cool and breezy 18

Couldn’t cross the MCG bridge and got diverted through the Tennis Centre. The security guard was talking to a woman in Collingwood attire and when I told him I wasn’t a tennis customer, but merely trying to get through to Olympic Park, he said, “Another one off to see Collingwood train? Why, so they can lose another Grand Final?” I told him his comment was unnecessary. What a prick.
The ten minute detour meant I arrived just as the time trial was finishing. Jen told me that Phillips won by about 100m from Sidebottom and Max Lynch in third spot. Jen posted a video on twitter and from that I have these placings:
1. Phillips 6:07
2. Sidebottom 6:16
3. Lynch 6:17
4. Crocker Time Not Available
5. Quaynor "
6. Appleby "
7. Murphy "
8. Aish "
9. Adams "
10. Wills "
11. Sier "
12. Stephenson 6:38
13. Madgen 6:41
14. Daicos 6:41
15. Howe 6:42
16. Pendlebury 6:43
17. Sharenberg 6:43
18. Mihocek 6:44
19. Roughead 6.45
20. T. Brown 6:48
21. C. Brown 6:54
22. Atu 6:56
23. Josh Thomas 6:58
24. Marke Keane 7:00
25. Moore 7:04
26. Cox 7:06
27. Grundy 7:18

Not Training on track:
Beams - at the dentist I was told, and then trained indoors
WHE - was sighted on the boundary but did no track work
Anton Tohill - in Ireland maybe?
Chris Mayne (trained indoors)
I didn't notice Maynard but others say he was out there.
Programmed Training:
De Goey, Elliott, Wells, Greenwood, Sharenberg, Reid, Crisp, Langdon, Kelly

•It wasn't a particularly intense session, with most time devoted to stoppage and transition drills. Having said that, the stoppage drills looked pretty tough as players worked across the ground and then sprinted on the whistle to the other side of the ground for the next stoppage. Appleby and Murphy were impressive in this drill, as was IQ.

•After the time trial, the players moved down to the River end for a warm down, whilst the players on individual programmes dis their thing under the watchful eyes of their trainers. Dunn surprised by running multiple 100 m sprints. I was very doubtful about a round one return, but not after today. Dunn was involved in most of the drills as well. Fantastic stuff.

•It was great to see Tim Broomhead join in today. Pre-Christmas he was labouring with a pronounced limp, but today he was moving pretty well in the drills I watched. Tim deserves some luck and I have my fingers crossed for him.

•Elliott was on the track for most of the session. Did some of the drills and then did conditioning work.
•Matthew Sharenberg is looking pretty good at this stage. He did well in the time trial and then lots of individual work. It was all pretty much straight line work, with some quick forward and backward running as well.
•Ben Reid is looking really good. Of course, with Ben it all depends upon his legs holding up, but you can't fault his application.
•Darcy Moore has had a very good summer to date. Thankfully, his blonde locks are almost grown out, but it appears Darce is going to keep the style in longish mode. He has looked impressive in drills and his closing speed to make most contests is something we sorely need. Will make a big difference to our transition style play if he can stay fit.
•Wells did some track work which was mainly running laps. Looks in pretty good nick, but realistically, we shouldn't be expecting much I don't think. Ten games would be a decent return all things considered.

I would expect the boys to train again on Friday, before flying off to the Gold Coast on Sunday.
Laughing Sier.png
Sier Interview.JPG
Tay.JPG
Wells.png

Last edited:

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Cool and breezy 18

Couldn’t cross the MCG bridge and got diverted through the Tennis Centre. The security guard was talking to a woman in Collingwood attire and when I told him I wasn’t a tennis customer, but merely trying to get through to Olympic Park, he said, “Another one off to see Collingwood train? Why, so they can lose another Grand Final?” I told him his comment was unnecessary. What a prick.
The ten minute detour meant I arrived just as the time trial was finishing. Jen told me that Phillips won by about 100m from Sidebottom and Max Lynch in third spot. Jen posted a video on twitter and from that I have these placings:
4. Crocker ?
5. Quaynor ?
6. Stephenson 6:38

7. Madgen 6:41
8. Daicos 6:41

9. Howe 6:42

10. Pendlebury 6:43
11. Sharenberg 6:43

12. Mihocek 6:44
13. Roughead 6.45
14. T. Brown 4:48
15. C. Brown 4:54
16. Atu 6:56
17. Josh Thomas 6:58
18. Marke Keane 7:00
19. Moore 7:04
20. Cox 7:06
21. Grundy 7:18

Not Training on track:
Programmed Training:

•It wasn't a particularly intense session, with most time devoted to stoppage and transition drills. Having said that, the stoppage drills looked pretty tough as players worked across the ground and then sprinted on the whistle to the other side of the ground for the next stoppage. Appleby and Murphy were impressive in this drill, as was IQ.

•After the time trial, the players moved down to the River end for a warm down, whilst the players on individual programmes dis their thing under the watchful eyes of their trainers. Dunn surprised by running multiple 100 m sprints. I was very doubtful about a round one return, but not after today. Dunn was involved in most of the drills as well. Fantastic stuff.

•It was great to see Tim Broomhead join in today. Pre-Christmas he was labouring with a pronounced limp, but today he was moving pretty well in the drills I watched. Tim deserves some luck and I have my fingers crossed for him.

•Elliott was on the track for most of the session. Did some of the drills and then did conditioning work.
•Matthew Sharenberg is looking pretty good at this stage. He did well in the time trial and then lots of individual work. It was all pretty much straight line work, with some quick forward and backward running as well.
•Ben Reid is looking really good. Of course, with Ben it all depends upon his legs holding up, but you can't fault his application.
•Darcy Moore has had a very good summer to date. Thankfully, his blonde locks are almost grown out, but it appears Darce is going to keep the style in longish mode. He has looked impressive in drills and his closing speed to make most contests is something we sorely need. Will make a big difference to our transition style play if he can stay fit.
•Birthday Boy Wells did some track work which was mainly running laps. Looks in pretty good nick, but realistically, we shouldn't be expecting much I don't think. Ten games would be a decent return all things considered.

I would expect the boys to train again on Friday, before flying off to the Gold Coast on Sunday.
Excellent report, as always. Your efforts are much appreciated.

It's not Daniel Wells' birthday BTW!!

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great report Apples

How good to hear the wonderful Berger boy (that’s Scharenberg :) ) going so well. Love it.

He’s the real deal :)

JJ14AU

All Australian
Oct 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m hoping to hear many more positive reports about Moore this preseason - want to see him play 25 games this year.

Sier 11th in the time trial got my attention. Would assume that is way beyond what he has done in the past and a real positive sign for 2019.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Sier 11th in the time trial got my attention. Would assume that is way beyond what he has done in the past and a real positive sign for 2019.

The rest of the comp better watch out!

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
That tummy bug must have bitten JDG pretty hard if he can't do full drills 3 weeks later!

He landed with his helicopter to take in the diamonds but he found Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd on the randezvous point.

He asked what about Dr. Tynan?

Mr. Wint said he is sick, “bitten by a bug”

5FE8EF89-0575-458F-918E-0ECEB999BB3B.gif

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Love the bear.

It’s players like Bear Sier taking the next steps...

Then watch out...

ps: what a great nickname too, Bear.

yOssarianLives

Debutant
Apr 5, 2010
Elwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks for the report, the detail is very insightful.

Who captured the times you quoted?

Cool and breezy 18

4. Crocker Time Not Available
5. Quaynor "
6. Appleby "
7. Murphy "
8. Aish "
9. Adams "
10. Wills "
11. Sier "
12. Stephenson 6:38
13. Madgen 6:41
14. Daicos 6:41
15. Howe 6:42
16. Pendlebury 6:43
17. Sharenberg 6:43
18. Mihocek 6:44
19. Roughead 6.45
20. T. Brown 6:48
21. C. Brown 6:54
22. Atu 6:56
23. Josh Thomas 6:58
24. Marke Keane 7:00
25. Moore 7:04
26. Cox 7:06
27. Grundy 7:18

Not Training on track:
Programmed Training:

•Wells did some track work which was mainly running laps. Looks in pretty good nick, but realistically, we shouldn't be expecting much I don't think. Ten games would be a decent return all things considered.

I would expect the boys to train again on Friday, before flying off to the Gold Coast on Sunday.View attachment 602861View attachment 602862View attachment 602863View attachment 602864

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
He landed with his helicopter to take in the diamonds but he found Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd on the randezvous point.

He asked what about Dr. Tynan?

Mr. Wint said he is sick, “bitten by a bug”

View attachment 602975

"I hear he is a gun mister Wint!"

"Pity he had to shoot through then, Mister Kidd"

Ted Parker

TED: How’s June?
Jul 15, 2013
Meeanjin
AFL Club
Collingwood
Confirmed that the Gold Coast training camp will comence from Monday. Supporters can attend an open session from 9.30am on Wednesday 16th Jan at Southport Oval.

Cool and breezy 18

Would of told him where he can Stick It.

Glad the Security Guard is an Idiot:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back