Are Buffalo footys any good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Zozzie

Captain/Coach of Budapest Bats
Apr 24, 2021
Budapest
AFL Club
Geelong
Does anyone have experience with Buffalo's Match Leather Football or with any of their other footys? I'm looking for affordable ball for a European school footy program on a tight budget. The balls will be used both indoors and outdoors, so I don't really want to spend up on the more expensive leather Sherrins.
If they're horrible, then any suggestions/links for cheap footys would be appreciated!

Does anyone have experience with Buffalo's Match Leather Football or with any of their other footys? I'm looking for affordable ball for a European school footy program on a tight budget. The balls will be used both indoors and outdoors, so I don't really want to spend up on the more expensive leather Sherrins.
If they're horrible, then any suggestions/links for cheap footys would be appreciated!
In my personal opinion you can't really skimp out on a footy, They don't last as long due to the poorer leather/stitching and they are a lot harder.

You can get factory second Sherrin's but they are still quite expensive.

They’re rubbish mate, don’t last I’d steer clear. Funnily enough, these Sherrin Matches are for sale on the Buffalo website for a really good price. Fantastic footballs and the only thing wrong with them is a misprinted logo. They will last and are top notch.

Jesus ******* christ a new Sherrin is 220 bucks now!?
Yeah, but places like Sportsmart always have factory seconds that were rejected for like 1 crooked stitch for 60-70 bucks. Always pretty cool as they are usually state or local league ones. I’ve had an AFL Cairns one that’s in decent nick after 10 years, a SANFL one that’s grouse for 7 years wear and an Ovens Murray one I just got.

I wonder if the process for making Buffalo footballs would be much different from the Sherrin making process?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back