Are Geelong making a mistake in giving Chris Scott a new contract extension?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes.

Only Hawthorn 2016-2018 have gone close to embarrassing themselves in Finals like the Cats have. So much of it falls on Scott
Hahahahaha. Not even close.

Hawks rebuilding off the back of 4 GFs and a threepeat. Lucky to play finals last year.

Cats going balls in on a flag after September ineptness for most of the decade and failing like they do couldn’t be more of a disaster.

Yes.

Only Hawthorn 2016-2018 have gone close to embarrassing themselves in Finals like the Cats have. So much of it falls on Scott
And yet we are happy with our year, feeling we now have the cattle to challenge over the next few years. We also were realistic to know we were only a mid table team rather than consuming our own bathwater. Those 3 consecutive grand final victories in 2013-15 do keep us warm and happy as we reload.

Scott certainly must take some of the blame for last night , the decision not to play a ruck because 'it might rain' was criminal. Don't they have the rain radar in Geelong?

Scott's premiership came taking over a team that probably could have won without a coach, or perhaps they won despite the coach. He is also a shocking whinger which I don't think helps Geelong's culture. Looking at the poll on the Geelong site 85% want him moved on.

Hahahahaha. Not even close.

Hawks rebuilding off the back of 4 GFs and a threepeat. Lucky to play finals last year.

Cats going balls in on a flag after September ineptness for most of the decade and failing like they do couldn’t be more of a disaster.

Yeh, close, but not as bad as Geelong.
2 consecutive straight sets exits have never been done.

I’ve been trying to find the worst Finals teams in my time following Football, not really interested in excuses.

I’ve got Geelong 16-19 as the worst
Hawthorn 16-18
Adelaide 05-07
Geelong 12-14
Port 01-03
West Coast 95-99
Essendon 10-19

The Cats, Eagles, Port and Hawks all bookended those eras with a flag, so not them, and the Eagles had some mitigating circumstances

Essendon are hard to read given the large sample size and constant change

I’ve got Geelong a comfortable first.
Adelaide then Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back